View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing is wrong just leave things the way they are.

13 31.71%
  • Don't count posts made in the General Forum.

6 14.63%
  • Allow member to give karma points to member the deem to be knowledgeable.

15 36.59%
  • I don't like either of these but something needs to be done.

7 17.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    Lesane's point hack. Look at the first page of this thread. After he rewrites it for vb3 I am sure that I will be adding it.

Oh. I wasnt quite sure what kind of a hack you meant. Not familiar with that stuff. I can build you house from the ground up though

Well lets just keep it how it is until you can initiate the point system. No sense changing it 3 times before then just to ease tensions of a few people in this thread.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Oh. I wasnt quite sure what kind of a hack you meant. Not familiar with that stuff. I can build you house from the ground up though
    Well you twisted my arm, but I'm sold. One hack for one house. You have a deal.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Time On Board And Steroid Section Only

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'd like to add one more comment before I bow out of this thread...I don't post heavy in the Steroid Q's,If I see something wrong on the subject not make sense,I'll send the person a pm and suggest more research before listening to far to many oppions...Yes bdtr,Mud and other give great advice,but all to often I see poor advice given just to make a post.Just my .o2

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I'd like to add one more comment before I bow out of this thread...I don't post heavy in the Steroid Q's,If I see something wrong on the subject not make sense,I'll send the person a pm and suggest more research before listening to far to many oppions...Yes bdtr,Mud and other give great advice,but all to often I see poor advice given just to make a post.Just my .o2
    true true...can't make only credit in the steriod questions cuz everybody will be there givn out any and all advice...

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm, i dont see the big deal about posts.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Jason can i be a newbie member again?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Regardless of who posts what or how much of anything...it still takes a very large, and good amount of posts to get your title.

By the time someone has 2000 posts, the rest of us will already KNOW what they're all about.

This shouldn't even be an issue.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    To be honest with you, I don't even care about my title.

So what. Whether I'm a Vet or Mod or anything, I'm still going to post what I want to post up.

It's a message board on the net for god's sake homeys.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i just noticed 100 posts whacked off my name. does that mean lounge points no good than?

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    true true...can't make only credit in the steriod questions cuz everybody will be there givn out any and all advice...
    That scares the shit out of me!!!!People lives are at risk here,and to many poor oppinions are floating around.....this is beyond my realm of thought...all for a few who are crying over post counts....now danger sets in,watch what happens in the other forums now poor unhealthly advice all over a lounge issue.Sad day indeed!

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    maybe not???

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    To be honest with you, I don't even care about my title.

So what. Whether I'm a Vet or Mod or anything, I'm still going to post what I want to post up.

It's a message board on the net for god's sake homeys.
    Agreed bro...long as it's safe or funny

Quote Originally Posted by FrkyBgStok
    maybe not???
    And maybe so....time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO because some of us post in the lounge,does that make us incompentant?Most post here don't know squat about AS or ever used it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    bump ...

Xanax time...I'm getting pissed now!!!!!!!!!! brb

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    bump ...
    Bump what bigol'...you get the point!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't friends hang out and shot the shit with all the post count propaganda going on...WTF.............

SO because some of us post in the lounge,does that make us incompentant?Most post here don't know squat about AS or ever used it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you pointing fingers at me boy!!!!! I know I dont know shit about AS....

O and bump....

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Until the day comes when members receive perks for having certain titles, i can really care less whether someone average's 500 worthless posts a day in the Lounge and earns the right to customize their own title. To me respect is given by the value they provide to the board, not by how many post counts they have. We all know who adds value to this board and who only takes up bandwidth space. So I don't think there is a need to change anything anymore with the exception of adding the karma idea. I think that would work well.

Da Bull.. you know I got ya back.. and agree with you...

Xanax time...I'm getting pissed now!!!!!!!!!! brb
    doc give you the good purples??

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    doc give you the good purples??
    Yes Sir

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I'm post whoring right now by replying to this thread...

Yes Sir
    hate you db

Oh shit there I go again!

im just making up for the 300+ counts that got dropped.. I think from the word association thread... I was just sitting back having fun and postin with my friends... didnt think that postin intimidated some people...........

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Until the day comes when members receive perks for having certain titles, i can really care less whether someone average's 500 worthless posts a day in the Lounge and earns the right to customize their own title. To me respect is given by the value they provide to the board, not by how many post counts they have. We all know who adds value to this board and who only takes up bandwidth space. So I don't think there is a need to change anything anymore with the exception of adding the karma idea. I think that would work well.
    Explain the karma to me usual.please...Thank you..DB

Sorry Ron,

As you can tell I'm against post whoring too...

But not sure how you could really change things to correct it...

(As I slip in yet another post whore attempt)

hehe Karma.... you kick someone in the balls and later on down the road someone kicks you in the balls...

I also need an explination

KeyMastur is offline VET
    how about cookies ?? i got another tasty one i'm sure y'all will enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    how about cookies ?? i got another tasty one i'm sure y'all will enjoy
    no peanuts THIS time!!!!!!

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for the support,and I agree.I post in many other forums only when I feel I have the experience to help out.I come to the lounge to chat with some really great people here...as far as titles go,I could care less,I'll still go to other forums and help out the best I can,but keep my mouth closed on subjects I'm not experienced.I will in no way put anyone in danger just to make a post.Just mt .02....I enjoy the learning experience here at AR,I'll still be here learning,just more silent!!!!!
    I couldn't have said it better myself......that is how I feel also....except if I'm in the lounge and want to post with my bros then I will.......post count doesn't mean much to me.......I can read a post someone has posted and know if I want to use that info or not....that why in most forums when I post I write "this is what works for me"........people are different and what works for me might NOT work for another member.......and vica versa.

It's sad to see that some members worry so much about how many post u make...regardless of where it's at......one think I see is there is flaming in some other forums.......but rarely do u see that in the lounge.......guess it is because in the lounge is where one can lay back and have fun......why do people have problems so much with the lounge????????.......it has it's place on this board just like the other forums do.......regardless of what Jason and the mods/vets come up with.....I will back their decision 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    I couldn't have said it better myself......that is how I feel also....except if I'm in the lounge and want to post with my bros then I will.......post count doesn't mean much to me.......I can read a post someone has posted and know if I want to use that info or not....that why in most forums when I post I write "this is what works for me"........people are different and what works for me might NOT work for another member.......and vica versa.

It's sad to see that some members worry so much about how many post u make...regardless of where it's at......one think I see is there is flaming in some other forums.......but rarely do u see that in the lounge.......guess it is because in the lounge is where one can lay back and have fun......why do people have problems so much with the lounge????????.......it has it's place on this board just like the other forums do.......regardless of what Jason and the mods/vets come up with.....I will back their decision 100%.
    I'll back thier decision 100 %,but I will post when and where I feel necessary,this is an educational board and I've learned plenty,shame the lounge has taken all the brunt,but I look at the other side of the coin and see thier view.I say we dump all the other threads that have been long take aka Danielle thread and so many others,why not go all out.Who cares,I just want to talk with my bros and help when possible...enough said.

I'll back thier decision 100 %,but I will post when and where I feel necessary,this is an educational board and I've learned plenty,shame the lounge has taken all the brunt,but I look at the other side of the coin and see thier view.I say we dump all the other threads that have been long take aka Danielle thread and so many others,why not go all out.Who cares,I just want to talk with my bros and help when possible...enough said.
    I want post whore to answer this.............ok yes I will........bro u know that's how I fill..........I'm gonna post when I want........as long as the rules and regulations are followed then this should not be a HUGE debate.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    I think it is fine. The whole reason this got started was because yesterday I posted something about now being a senior member and needing an avatar. Markas then wants to bring up that point. Big whoop if I am a senior member or if da bull is chemically enhanced. It is all in fun and the people that have a problem with member status are going to be those people that don't post that often. I think it is only a problem if people who are regular members on here are giving out bad advice in the question forums. Da bull, even though a post whore, has demonstrated knowledge in several areas such as gh, test, and pct. Now, I don't think it is a big deal about his title but that the advice he gives is good. No, status doesn't determine knowledge and there might be newbies that think that but it is a members responsibility to know good advice from bad. And PTJason, I don't think there are any problems with current members, whatever their status, handing out bad info. My .04.
    50% you overestimate your importance in this discussion which I started. I never read the post you are referring to and you absolutely had nothing, I repeat nothing, to do with my starting it. If you believe I was refering to you specifically as opposed to the dozen others who are posting to gain status you are wrong. If you belong in the catagory of members I am critical of that is coincidental.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I done postwhored myself to vet.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I done postwhored myself to vet.
    TITLE says it all .............but green looks good on ya

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FrkyBgStok
    i just noticed 100 posts whacked off my name. does that mean lounge points no good than?
    That was from 2 threads that I deleted.

And it's starting to happen again. Come on guys. Please quit with the pointless posts just to drive up post count. I have never had a problem with having fun in the lounge or talking about random things, but I would like it to be things that other people will like to read. Oops I posted again. is pointless. Threads and posts like that is why this whole discussion even started. If I find threads that are for the sole purpose of driving up post count I will simply delete them and return your post count back to where it should be. I want you to enjoy yourself here, I am not going to beg or plead to get you to only make relevant posts. You are grown men.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    How about arm size points. 20" arm = 1000 pts, 19" = 500, 18" =250, under 16" minus 500. Too bad we can't count years of training experience or hours in the gym.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information