Chris009 is offline New Member

Thumbs up Do we got any rig pigs here?

Im about to live the albertan dream, im goin to the rigs hopefully if i find a job which i most likely will, just wondering if we got any rig pigs or ex rig pigs here, any advice or more horror stories not like i havent heard enough of that shit.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    what kind of rig are you talking bout... oil rig...i'm guessing... gas rig...

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    what kind of rig are you talking bout... oil rig...i'm guessing... gas rig...

ya oil and gas drilling on shore jack pump type shit, you a driller

no...not exactly my line of work...but hell if it pays good its worth it...

ya pay kicks ass compared to the shit ive worked for most of my life 20 bucks an hour then time and a half for ot. your working 12 hour shifts ot after 8. 14 days on 5 off. so add it up thats pretty tight dough for me anywayze. Plus i heard theres nothing out there that was less than 100 lbs so ill probably be packin some extra meat by the end of a hitch anywayze.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris009
    Plus i heard theres nothing out there that was less than 100 lbs so ill probably be packin some extra meat by the end of a hitch anywayze.
    With teh long shifts youll be working i dont think you will be able to pack on too much extra meat. I have never worked on a rig, but many of my friends have. It can be very dangerous i hear, and there is little time to get all your calories in.

ya not to mention up here aint like the big T we only drill "usually" 4 months of the year when its at least minus 20 if not like minus 40 i dont know what that is in farenhiet but ill tell ya its
    DAMMED cold especially with the wind, so your probably right

For 20 an hour...your going to be working your ass off... it doesn't sound like their going to give that money away... oh well we all did it, i did cement laboring for 3 years...

a means to an end

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Several of my closest friends went up to northern Alberta after gradding from highschool, I stayed behind cause I was younger and not yet finished school. That and rig pigging it is not my style.

They feed you like a king, you will put on a ton of weight, but not all muscle by any stretch. You will make a killing. Living costs are covered, after tax expect to pocket about 5-7K a month, depending on the job. When rigs are moving you will be closer to 7K. PM me if you want specifics about a couple of companies my boys worked at. Happy cold travels. And cold travles they will be.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Had a friend who did it for awhile. If you are single and have nothng to miss then it is good. Good pay, they feed you, dont have to worry about traffic cuase you live there for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. Some even a month. But it all becomes over time pay.
    I heard the thing that sucks is the weather out there. Always foggy, wet and cold.
    He didnt mind it. Might be a job you enjoy.
    Watch tv, play games while you are on your off time.

ya im single and all i do is lift dont party and dont drink so most of my time is spent lifitin and ps2 so ifugure why the fuck not.

Thread Information