FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member

the looser thread... who got self-estime probs?

first of all i have to say that im a bit fucked up about my self image... i first start training cause i was a skinny kid and very depressive about my size. now since ive been able to put a good amount of mass (i admit) i still think that im small as hell. i can admit i have made huge improvement but i still get those depressive moment in my life when i think im not improving at all and want to go excessive... ok i know it sounds a bit too much, (side note: i dont speak english weel so its kinda hard to express feelings hehe )
    im not suicidal at all just feeling that im not near the phisical apparence of a "hardcore lifter"... when i say "excessive" its because i tend to break "rules" about training and suplementation, overtraining (train 7 day a week), dont have any will to go natty again...
    im not stupid and i know that it can lead me to some health problems. i just want any advice of you guys that are or have been in this kind of "self-estime problems" cause im a bit aware of my physical and mental health and i dont know if its gonna be better or worse. thanks a lot bros, now, lets your heart speak i want to know if im the only one!!!

ohh and BTW AR have learn me: training, juicing and english. before now im sure i will never been able to write a text like that in english!!!
    Last edited by FCECC2; 11-21-2003 at 07:39 PM.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i think most people on here feel they are small. im 5-7 at 205 15%bf and i think im tiney. i have like 17.5 inch arms last i measured and i callem my twigs. i bech 315 sqaut 450 and to me it still is not enough. i think it is more that your not where you want to be.

all i can say is keep at it. we will be where we want to one day.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i dont think anyone is ever totally 100% content with their appearance......that's why we are consistently setting new goals and once we achieve them we are still not happy and always want more out of life.....we always want to better ourselves and i think thats a good thing
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Like I said before. We will never stop striving for perfection. Human nature. Thats why we are on the top of the food chain.

i fear that im risking my life pushin limit

for exemple ive been off for only 11weeks and you dont know how its hard to keep hands away from those filled up pins!!! its the last time i bought my gear in advance before a cycle... shit oh shit... i cant clear my head about starting tonight, just because of those mood swing...

i still dont know if i would be a bit happy with my physical apparence one day...

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Like I said before. We will never stop striving for perfection. Human nature. Thats why we are on the top of the food chain.
    where it gonna end???... the sad thing is that we kept pushing our self through dangerous limits just because of our tweaked nature

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    danielle...you are exactly right, i read an article about self preception and bodybuilders in an old musclemag. when alot of bodybuilders look in the mirror, they see themselves smaller/larger then they actually are, there is a clinical name for it. but i have to find the article...

TRL...you are not the only one that feels like that bro, I think the number one thing to do is try to make yourself happy, set goals, and reach your goals... try not to sweat the small things...

good luck

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    i dont think anyone is ever totally 100% content with their appearance......that's why we are consistently setting new goals and once we achieve them we are still not happy and always want more out of life.....we always want to better ourselves and i think thats a good thing
    I would have to agree with this.........I can be my worst critic........even though the the tape measure shows an increase in muscle size I'm still not satisfied with my gains in size and streaght some times........sometimes when people give me a compliment I turn it around to point out some negative flaw I have found.......I guess as long as one is not satisfied then there is aways a drive for improvement.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    danielle...you are exactly right, i read an article about self preception and bodybuilders in an old musclemag. when alot of bodybuilders look in the mirror, they see themselves smaller/larger then they actually are, there is a clinical name for it. but i have to find the article...

i think it is called bigarexia??

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    I would have to agree with this.........I can be my worst critic........even though the the tape measure shows an increase in muscle size I'm still not satisfied with my gains in size and streaght some times........sometimes when people give me a compliment I turn it around to point out some negative flaw I have found.......I guess as long as one is not satisfied then there is aways a drive for improvement.
    Well said....but the gift I sent will help a little

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    very true. the freaky thing is that i cant take positive comments, i always think its not true and tend to believe its just to boost my mood...

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Well said....but the gift I sent will help a little
    Yes it will...........Yes it will arty-smi

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Yes it will...........Yes it will arty-smi
    Need anything,just shout bro

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Need anything,just shout bro
    Will do..........ow I gotta go see if there's an update in the members cycle forum......be right back

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    where it gonna end???... the sad thing is that we kept pushing our self through dangerous limits just because of our tweaked nature

The sad truth is: It never ends. You can have one plastic surgery and you will absolutely find something else you would want done.

Look at Arnold compared to Lee or whoever is the current bodybuilder. He makes Arnold look small. But in the 70s Arnold was huge. Its cuz over the past 20 years, we keep finding things to better ourselves from yesterday.

In order to get over the self confidence problem you need to be able to do
    ONE THING
    You need to find an ancor. Something fixed in your life that will always have value to you. A person, a place, a picture, a memory, a letter. Every time you go this ancor, it will bring you back to that default in your life where everything is good. From this ancor point, you look at all the things that have changed in your life since this point. This ancor will help you determine which changes have been positive and which have been negative.

Its hard to tell how much you change over a gradual period of time without having the starting point as referance. The starting point can be a picture or even someone you trust whom you can go to who will tell you what you need to hear.

Or: Write a letter to yourself. Write down who you are, who you want to be. Write down your goals and how long you think these goals will take to achieve.
    Write down what you like about yourself. Do not write down what you dont like about yourself. Instead, write down what you dont want to become. This letter needs to emphasize the good qualities about yourself.
    This way, if drugs or other negative things you encounter in your life cause you to stray from your goals, you can go back, read your letter of the person you used to be and used to be proud of, and get back on track.

Like I said. If you are depressed, you keep getting more depressed, get used to being depressed, then forget about the times you used to be happy. The ancor allows you to realize at one time, you used to be happy and productive mentally, and physically.

I doubt you all will read this long post cuz I hardly read long posts either.

Well I read it and u did a very good job of writing it.

The sad truth is: It never ends. You can have one plastic surgery and you will absolutely find something else you would want done.

Look at Arnold compared to Lee or whoever is the current bodybuilder. He makes Arnold look small. But in the 70s Arnold was huge. Its cuz over the past 20 years, we keep finding things to better ourselves from yesterday.

ONE THING
    You need to find an ancor. Something fixed in your life that will always have value to you. A person, a place, a picture, a memory, a letter. Every time you go this ancor, it will bring you back to that default in your life where everything is good. From this ancor point, you look at all the things that have changed in your life since this point. This ancor will help you determine which changes have been positive and which have been negative.

Its hard to tell how much you change over a gradual period of time without having the starting point as referance. The starting point can be a picture or even someone you trust whom you can go to who will tell you what you need to hear.

Or: Write a letter to yourself. Write down who you are, who you want to be. Write down your goals and how long you think these goals will take to achieve.
    Write down what you like about yourself. Do not write down what you dont like about yourself. Instead, write down what you dont want to become. This letter needs to emphasize the good qualities about yourself.
    This way, if drugs or other negative things you encounter in your life cause you to stray from your goals, you can go back, read your letter of the person you used to be and used to be proud of, and get back on track.

Like I said. If you are depressed, you keep getting more depressed, get used to being depressed, then forget about the times you used to be happy. The ancor allows you to realize at one time, you used to be happy and productive mentally, and physically.

ive read it all

have you ever study psychology or something? but its true. as far the anchor go, my self-confidence is worst on the apparence side. i believe in me, i know i can do great thing about anything that i love and believe. but one thing for sure: its hard to change the way we look, the way people see us. when you look at all this crap ( i believe its all crap since i hate being so self centered) its wont help us to evolve.

ONE THING

Nics post,but on 2mg xanax it was tough....lol

Whats up with the xanax lately. Been seeing a lot of people on it

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    i think it is called bigarexia??
    Its clinical name is muscular dysmorphia. Strictly speaking, it is a close relative of anorexia nervosa in that they are both body image disorders. Perhaps the most thorough psychological studies have been done by Harrison Pope. For example:

Harrison G. Pope, et al., The Adonis Complex: The Secret Crisis of Male Body Obsession (The Free Press, New York, 2000), 73.

Harrison G. Pope, et al., “Body Image Perception Among Men in Three Countries”, American Journal of Psychiatry 157 (August 2000): 1298.

Pope, HG Jr, et al, “Evolving Ideals of Male Body Image as Seen Through Action Toys”, International Journal of Eating Disorders 26 (1999): 68.

Harrison G. Pope, et al., “Muscle Dysmorphia in Male Weightlifters: A Case-Control Study”, American Journal of Psychiatry 157 (August 2000): 1291.

EDIT: there are quite a few other authors and clinicians having dealt with this, but Pope seems to be the most relevant and one of the few who doesn't resort to what one would expect from a traditonal medical or academic treatment of such a subject.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 11-21-2003 at 09:48 PM.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    thats why i lift and thats why i need to lifft all my buddys say "bro your 18 and you are freakin huge. i allways think to small .not big enough, need to go harder, it will never stop but i like it lol

curiousdude is offline Junior Member
    this is also a symptom of OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder. this particular focus on self, can lead to depression, or depressing focus. perhaps some professional counselling, and the information obtained from it can help. perhaps you have a chemical imbalance.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin

ONE THING

I didn't read Bermich's entire post (it's way too long). But it looks like it would be good, so I'll bump it.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Between you and Cycleon, I don't know who's lazier. But I'm going to go with Cycleon. I should stop addressing him as "chump". That might illicit a better response from him.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    "Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I aint the sharpest tool in the shed... she was lookin kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an "L" on her forehead..."

'er... sorry, for some reason that song popped in my head when I read this thread title.

TRL, Don't sweat it man, the 'ol ripster loves ya!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 12-04-2003 at 11:28 AM.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i have been fealing ****y about myself but today i looked in the mirror and saide **** IM A BIG MOTHER ! lol

Thread Information