dreamache is offline Junior Member

Fitness Experts, need your help on the site!

As most of you know, I'm starting a site based around the idea of keeping your own fitness journal + much more, read more here at this thread

So now that I've decided to go through with this, the first step would be to consult some fitness experts (preferably as knowledgable as possible) to help me structure the site. Although I love lifting, I'm not an expert by far. The main thing I'd need help with is figuring out how the major functions of the site would work in the actual fitness aspect, I can handle the technical side.

There would be a lot of graphical charts that would measure different aspects of a person's routine, depending on how much info they provide... The things I can think of right off the bat are strength: (this would take the data they've entered from their first entry to their last entry such as the amount of weight, and reps, and some how formulate a linegraph or a bargraph of some sort to show their strength throughout different periods), endurance: which would take different variables of their cardio workout and formulate a graph that'd map out their endurance progression or regression. nutritional info: this would map out gains / losses in carb/caloric/protein intake.

and I'm sure theres a LOT more that could be done when you get down to the specifics. I want this to be highly customizable so EVERYONE can use it, from the newbies to the experts. So this is where I need help! Structuring the site!

To give you an idea of how cool these dynamic charts can look, check this out:

You'd have the oppurtunity to contribute to somethin great, something that could be really big, I have ideas / plans to incorperate the site into the membership incentives gyms can offer, amongst several other cool ideas. I won't be able to pay at first, but if you could help significantly you'd definately be paid in due time, and would definately get credit / admin capabilities.

If you're interested, either jus respond with some of your ideas here or message me on ICQ: 153785636 or AIM: dreamache or email: [email protected]

Thanks guys!

dreamache is offline Junior Member
    Heres another picture, this is a small preview of what I have in mind for the interface. As you can see its pretty damn cool

(obviously it isn't finished, jus wanted to give a sneak peak though )

Thread Information