protz2812 is offline New Member

help with a major for college

hey everyone I am new here and a senior in high school. I am getting ready to pick schools. I am iinterested in lifting weights and nutrition. whjat would be some areas of study to go into . would a personal trainer be good and should I get a degee that is related to that like physical edducation

please help with any ideas or careers that I can get into anyting that deal with lifting weights,nutrition or healt or bbing

thanks NAte

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    sure, but where is the money in personal training? is it enough for a family? go to college to be a domestic engineer and marry a rich wife.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Physical Education is probably one of the most financially unrewarding degrees. That and Liberal Arts.....unless it's getting you into law school. Take physiotherapy if you are into this shit.....at least you will have the option of practicing a real profession. You can always apply physio degree to being a personal trainer.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    in my opionion......dont pick physical education as your full time major........its a very competitve field and people are easily replaced..........not too secure......if anything, make it your minor and major is something else more reliable......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

I agree, physiotherapy is the way to go...

Or if you're in for the long haul, Pre-Med and then Med and specialize as a sports medecine doc. BIG money there and a satisfying job in the field.

Red

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    sports medicine. its what i'll go into

cb25 is offline Banned
    Sports med is a great choice, but as i remember it, there's not a lot of openings for it right now...i looked into it a few years ago and heard it was really tough to get a decent job...maybe if you go through med school then specialize it's a little different.

I'd second the pre-health idea though. You can choose whatever major you want and just take the required science classes. I went pre-health and majored in Nutrition - it was actually pretty fun and extremely applicable - and now i'm in dental school. Going pre-health can give you all sorts of options - anything in the health care fields.

If you do choose something like that and end up enjoying nutrition but not wanting to go on...you can always stick to it and become a registered dietician, or whatever else you choose to do with it...that's my advice, but i'm biased because it's what i did

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    go to medical school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how i wish i did, i went into engineering....at least take pre-med courses so you can be a sports doctor, i always thought a cool job was to be a trainer for the raiders... i would so be banging all the raiderettes...i'll try to slip the vicadins into their gatorades!!!!!!!!!1

lol...dude, you are so fucking young, do what makes you happy...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Pharmacology.
    Everyone wants the little pills, you go to school, get the real skinny on how all the little molecules do their work to make muscles grow, get a reputation for being an expert in it, then you can make big $$$ advising professional bodybuilders.
    Or maybe run a manufacturing lab for some underground company.
    Whatever you major in, though, make sure you minor in business. Everything you might get involved in as an entrepreneur involves business, and the more you know about it, the better off you are. Oh yeah.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Get into a major that has to do with water.

In 20 years, CLEAN WATER is gonna be the biggest DEMAND all around thw world. If you know how to clean and purigate water, you will have job security. In the past 10 years, water companies have sky rocketed. Everyone needs and wants it. Fuck all that computer tech stuff, all that construction or law shit.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Whatever you major in, though, make sure you minor in business. Everything you might get involved in as an entrepreneur involves business, and the more you know about it, the better off you are. Oh yeah.
    This is pretty solid advice...i gotta agree. Either do this, or get a job working in an office where you deal with bookkeeping, finances, accounting, etc. so that you have a background in business and finance management. I'm realizing more and more how beneficial the 5 years i spent as a bookkeeper for a small company were...i have more of a solid grasp of these things than most people in my profession - this can be especially important if you're in a health care field that involves you owning your own business (or any field that requires this) - because you don't get much training in business...it's your responsibility to figure it out...

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Get into a major that has to do with water.

In 20 years, CLEAN WATER is gonna be the biggest DEMAND all around thw world. If you know how to clean and purigate water, you will have job security. In the past 10 years, water companies have sky rocketed. Everyone needs and wants it. Fuck all that computer tech stuff, all that construction or law shit.
    Nice time to say this Bermich when I am one semester away from my IT degree

protz2812 is offline New Member
    hey thanks for the advice everyone I will look into these field and keep the minor in businees in my mind.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    My best advice that I can give you(am in college right now) is not to worry too much about a major. You are still 18 years old; it's too early to decide what you are going to do for the rest of your life. Have a general idea of what you want to go into, take some introductory courses, and see if you like it. Believe me, you will be able to tell if a major intrests you or not this way.

Good luck.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLpOwEr
    My best advice that I can give you(am in college right now) is not to worry too much about a major. You are still 18 years old; it's too early to decide what you are going to do for the rest of your life. Have a general idea of what you want to go into, take some introductory courses, and see if you like it. Believe me, you will be able to tell if a major intrests you or not this way.

Good luck.
    Sound advice. Too many freshman or 'aspiring doctors' worry about their major or med school acceptace b4 they are even enrolled in college, let alone have completed a bachelor's degree. However, some degrees are better than others. Most science degree programs will get you into a decent career and have all necessary prereq's for professional or grad school. Pick a degree/program that keeps your options open.

jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    im majoring in health fitness with a minor in management. after that, im gonna get certified by the nsca...wanna be a personal trainer or a strength coach for a pro/college football team. also with the minor, i could look into running a health club or something along those lines. I realize not much money, but ill be damned if I wont be happy doing it.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Get a degree in Chemistry and then you can make yourself some good shit for cheap.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Don't forget that health fields are pretty competitive. Law school and medical school admissions are very difficult to get into. There is a 50% chance that you won't make it into those schools at all. SO remember that no matter what you do, you need to keep your grades up first and foremost.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Major in KEGGERS when you are in college. You will get all the chicks if you know how to get and pump a good keg. Putting on that spout when you are already half baked and drunk requires skill baby.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Major in KEGGERS when you are in college. You will get all the chicks if you know how to get and pump a good keg. Putting on that spout when you are already half baked and drunk requires skill baby.
    I am a double major in keggers and one nighters. I think I will graduate cum laude.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    im a excersise science major with a minor in food & Nutrition...

Thread Information