Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Best friend going down wrong road

Hey bros. I'm 26 and one of my good friends that i've known for a long time is starting to do this new drug called ICE. I smoke weed on occasion and drink a lot and so does he now, he used to not do anything but drink before he hurt his shoulder and was out of work for 3 months(still getting his full pay though).

He started smoking weed everyday which is cool. I know a lot of people that smoke weed everyday. About 2 weeks ago he tried this stuff called ice that you smoke out of what looks like a crack pipe and liked it but said thats it's not a drug he could do all the time.

Well now he's doing it every other day and i think he might be starting to like it too much. I'm still going to be friends with him but it's just weird to see you drinking buddy smoking crack pipe. I haven't said anything about it but am i right to be concened?

Jdog55

[email protected]

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    Hey bros. I'm 26 and one of my good friends that i've known for a long time is starting to do this new drug called ICE. I smoke weed on occasion and drink a lot and so does he now, he used to not do anything but drink before he hurt his shoulder and was out of work for 3 months(still getting his full pay though).

He started smoking weed everyday which is cool. I know a lot of people that smoke weed everyday. About 2 weeks ago he tried this stuff called ice that you smoke out of what looks like a crack pipe and liked it but said thats it's not a drug he could do all the time.

Well now he's doing it every other day and i think he might be starting to like it too much. I'm still going to be friends with him but it's just weird to see you drinking buddy smoking crack pipe. I haven't said anything about it but am i right to be concened?

Jdog55

[email protected]
    Your a good friend to be concerned....but in the end hes gonna do it wether or not you like it or not.......just up to you on how long your gonna remain his friend while hes doing that shit
    Last edited by mass junkie; 11-23-2003 at 06:00 PM.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Your a good friend to be concerened....but in the end hes gonna do it wether or not you like it or not.......just up to you on how long your gonna remain his friend while hes doing that shit
    I agree with mass, but i want to know what the hell "ICE" is?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm under the impression that ICE is crack.
    but then again, it's also crystal meth. That's the problem with street names. Meth would be the bigger problem.. way more addictive than crack.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 11-23-2003 at 03:27 PM.

No, it's some new drug. It's a white powder that u put in a pipe and it melts and starts to smoke when you put a lighter to the glass. It's $250 per 16th. About 50x more expensive than cocaine. Some new slang word teenagers made up.

Jdog55

[email protected]

No, it's some new drug. It's a white powder that u put in a pipe and it melts and starts to smoke when you put a lighter to the glass. It's $250 per 16th. About 50x more expensive than cocaine. Some new slang word teenagers made up.

Jdog55

[email protected]
    great, so now there are three drugs called ice.

at any rate, no drug would ever be good enough for me to pay that much for it. shit, if AS cost that much i wouldn't even be on this website.

you could bottle a pig orgasm (lasts 20 mins) and i still wouldn't pay 250 a hit.

peam is offline Suspended
    There's not much you can do about it. I know my brother just let a friend move in with him because his friend needed to get away from some bad drugs down where he was living. So...I don't know. What do I know about drugs anyway? I'm sorry about your friend... only thing I can think of to get him to stop would be some kind of threat... you know... it's living with me or the drugs. Only if he's your roommate... okay I'll shut up and just offer my sympathy.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    What you are talking about and I know because I took a drug and alcohol abuse class last year and learned about every drug there is and how it affects, is the crystalized form of methanphentmine. Shit is bad news. I believe the statistic of people sucessfully rehabing from any form of meth is 11%. That shit is as adictive and as fucked up as it gets. You need to get your boy a new habbit cause that shit will lead him no where. Do a search on the internet on crystal meth and see what you get. That shit is straight trash and I hope to god the best for him because seeing what it does to people is really sad. Good luck jdog.

BTW, CA was right, ice is just slang for crystal meth

J... just tell him to stop fucking around with that shit.... and tell him you'll kick his ass if you find out he does it ever again... and if he does do it... you had better follow through with your word and beat his ass...

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Your a good friend to be concerened....but in the end hes gonna do it wether or not you like it or not.......just up to you on how long your gonna remain his friend while hes doing that shit
    I'm with mass on the being concerned, if you weren't, you wouldn't be a friend, but on occasion, a really good friend WILL actually listen and care enough about your opinion to stop something that he likes, and is difficult to stop.
    And also, if this continues, despite long sincere efforts to help, your time together may be in jepeordy......However, true Friends are Friends Forever - no matter what.
    Where I grew up, if your friend is wrong, you've Still got his back, you fight with him, against ALL oncoming foes!.....Then, when you've conquered your enemies, you turn around and knock the shit outta him for bein' wrong and forcing you to defend him.....but tomorrow you do the exact same thing for him if need be. Like Brother's....I can beat the crap outta him, but you touch him and you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by peam
    J... just tell him to stop fucking around with that shit.... and tell him you'll kick his ass if you find out he does it ever again... and if he does do it... you had better follow through with your word and beat his ass...
    It won't be that easy. More than likely your friend is going to turn on you if you try to get him to stop it. This shit fucks people up bad. When he doesn't have enough money to buy some he will start pawning off his shit and robbing you blind. That stuff makes people go crazy.

I never said it'd be easy but he just started the shit... or at least that's what it sounds like to me... better act fast. That's all I have to say.

I can't kick his ass. I'm about 170 9%bf but he's about 350 35%bf and holds it well cause he doesn't look real fat. I'm going to just try to get him to realise what he's doing by messing with him saying stuff like "whats up crack head!" he only started it 2 weeks ago so i think it will work. He's got a wife and a kid so he's smart enough to catch on.

Jdog55

[email protected]

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    BTW, CA was right, ice is just slang for crystal meth
    That's correct........

I can't kick his ass. I'm about 170 9%bf but he's about 350 35%bf and holds it well cause he doesn't look real fat. I'm going to just try to get him to realise what he's doing by messing with him saying stuff like "whats up crack head!" he only started it 2 weeks ago so i think it will work. He's got a wife and a kid so he's smart enough to catch on.

Jdog55

[email protected]
    Man, I feel bad for him. Am I the only one who knows how bad this shit really is? I hope to god for his wife's and child's sake he can stop. You know how people think that heroin is so bad? Well this 'ice' blows that shit away by far. More people successfully rehab from heroin than ice users by a huge number. Don't know the number but it is distrubing.

Jdog55

[email protected]
    Not to make a joke,but at 350 I would call it a stemfast diet

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    bro that is a serious drug it is no joke.
    it is worse than crack because you can smoke it, inject it, and snort. And it will keep you up for days on end. It also eats holes in your brain. It is the worst drug on the planet worse than herion even........TELL YOUR BRO TO STAY AWAY

He's got a wife and kids and is doing Xtal-Meth?

Bro, you're right to be concerned as a friend, but he as a family man needs to be brought back down to earth.

Do whatever it takes, lay the nastiest guilt trip on him about his drug use fucking up his kids if you need to (because you do know thats where it's heading)...

I can accept some hobo crackhead throwing away his life on dope... his life is his to do with as he wishes. Your buddy is a family man with kids, his life is NOT HIS. He shares it with his family. If he gets his ass addicted to something as nasty as xtal-meth he's going to destroy his family and rob them of "him".

*sigh*

As others have said, he'll do what he wants... but in the end the real victims will be his wife and expecially his kids.

Red

Well atleast someone else knows about it. Get that guy away from that shit. Dabull

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is gonna sound bad....but IMO he has no respect for his wife and kid if he is gonna continue to do this stuff.....that's pretty messed up.....and he will lose many friends.......that can be a very lonely road to go down........I know because when I was younger I had an alkey problem and lost the respect of my family and friends.......and it so hard to get that back once it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    He's got a wife and kids and is doing Xtal-Meth?

Bro, you're right to be concerned as a friend, but he as a family man needs to be brought back down to earth.

Do whatever it takes, lay the nastiest guilt trip on him about his drug use fucking up his kids if you need to (because you do know thats where it's heading)...

I can accept some hobo crackhead throwing away his life on dope... his life is his to do with as he wishes. Your buddy is a family man with kids, his life is NOT HIS. He shares it with his family. If he gets his ass addicted to something as nasty as xtal-meth he's going to destroy his family and rob them of "him".

*sigh*

As others have said, he'll do what he wants... but in the end the real victims will be his wife and expecially his kids.

Red
    Red, we think alike on stuff like this......I'm with ya about the family......just gets my blood boiling to see some guy throw his whole life and family away on a stupid friggin drug.

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    Well atleast someone else knows about it. Get that guy away from that shit. Dabull
    Why the face?I've been around and have seen it all,no need to get mad at me,for the record have never done it,but seen many lives ruined by it.No one can make him stop accept himself wnen he hits rock bottom

Why does it take some people hitting rock bootom and losing everything that use to be important in their life before they realize that it's the Drug that robbed them, NOT the people tring to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Why does it take some people hitting rock bootom and losing everything that use to be important in their life before they realize that it's the Drug that robbed them, NOT the people tring to help.
    Haven't quite figured that out yet,but that seems to be the way it works in most cases,some see it early,but very few do,and it's to late then.Drugs have a power over the mind,especially if you have an addictive personality.Dopamine turns to THQI and it's all down hill from there.

The problem is that he is not alone...

By the time he hits rock bottom, he will have ruined his wife's life, and will traumatize his children for life. Thats simply not acceptable.

This man is not thinking.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    The problem is that he is not alone...

By the time he hits rock bottom, he will have ruined his wife's life, and will traumatize his children for life. Thats simply not acceptable.

This man is not thinking.

Red
    Agreed Red

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Haven't quite figured that out yet,but that seems to be the way it works in most cases,some see it early,but very few do,and it's to late then.Drugs have a power over the mind,especially if you have an addictive personality.Dopamine turns to THQI and it's all down hill from there.
    Man i love this stuff.

99% of people that do meth will do it again. That's higher than even tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Man i love this stuff.

99% of people that do meth will do it again. That's higher than even tobacco.
    I hope you mean the topic and not the drug.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    i would tell him, yo man...honestly listen to me when i say that this shit is wrong for you to do... be like i'm telling you as a friend to stop, because i think you are going to hurt yourself with this bullshit...when he resists...

beat his fucking ass and teach him a lesson

then he'll know your serious

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    i would tell him, yo man...honestly listen to me when i say that this shit is wrong for you to do... be like i'm telling you as a friend to stop, because i think you are going to hurt yourself with this bullshit...when he resists...

beat his fucking ass and teach him a lesson

then he'll know your serious
    Off the subject love your avatar monster

Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Jdog55

[email protected]
    ================

Check out http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/...ddiction.shtml
    It's part of the erowid site, which is sorta like Anabolic Review but for hard drugs instead of anabolics. If your friend is veering into addiction, the info here may be useful . . .

mxpilot is offline New Member
    ive been lurkin here on ar for along time and have not posted on this board. but i can't resist this topic. ice is in fact meth. if you can picture in your head the most addictive, dangerous, life consuming drug. meth would be it. if your friend means anything to you at all you would do anything in your power before its to late. because it wont be long if it isnt to late already that there isnt anything in the world you can say or do that would make him quit. there is 2 things from my experince that can,prison and death. because ive never seen anybody on there own just up and decide to quit and do it on there own. this stuff will affect your mind long after you quit and will give you permanent brain damage. all this sound harsh well i can tell you this because ive seen it all first hand. i had a good life before i discovered meth. and i ended up spending 3yrs in a federal prison because of it. ive seen what it did to everybody involved with it and the same result time after time. this is by far the most addictive drug i have ever seen. help your friend if you can because he is headed down a very bad road that will lead him to a very miserable place.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpilot
    ive been lurkin here on ar for along time and have not posted on this board. but i can't resist this topic. ice is in fact meth. if you can picture in your head the most addictive, dangerous, life consuming drug. meth would be it. if your friend means anything to you at all you would do anything in your power before its to late. because it wont be long if it isnt to late already that there isnt anything in the world you can say or do that would make him quit. there is 2 things from my experince that can,prison and death. because ive never seen anybody on there own just up and decide to quit and do it on there own. this stuff will affect your mind long after you quit and will give you permanent brain damage. all this sound harsh well i can tell you this because ive seen it all first hand. i had a good life before i discovered meth. and i ended up spending 3yrs in a federal prison because of it. ive seen what it did to everybody involved with it and the same result time after time. this is by far the most addictive drug i have ever seen. help your friend if you can because he is headed down a very bad road that will lead him to a very miserable place.
    Sorry to hear u had to go thru that...but it sounds like u have turned your life around........good job bro.

I hope you mean the topic and not the drug.
    Topic, totally. I love biomechanical mechanisms.. I think my custom name is going to be "biological member" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Topic, totally. I love biomechanical mechanisms.. I think my custom name is going to be "biological member" or something like that.
    Good deal,had me worried for a moment

Good deal,had me worried for a moment
    haha, thanks man. nice to know you care. to quote Penny from peewee's playhouse.. "drugs are bad, i don't do drugs."

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    O ok, so its Crystal meth... THats what a lot of people are been doin in new york... IVE fucked around alot before (not anymore) but crystal is one of the things i never tried... I know people now that go out on binges for a couple days.. Drug binges... Crystal, katty, ice what ever u want to call it is like a super coke... Just keeps u goin for days....

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    lol...man seriously... tell him straight up, " you are doing crystal meth. this will turn you into a junkie..." If still a negative response...

Beat the ungodly, everliving shit out of your good friend...

then when he awakes from his coma, tell him again..."I'm trying to save your life bro!!...please listen to me" If he still wants to smoke that garbage, don't waste any more time being his friend...sad but true...

BDTR is offline Retired
    If he wont help himself... i hate to say it... let it go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information