Elysium is offline Productive Member

CHRISTMAS & THANKSGIVING... Someone explain something please

Hey guys

Im in the UK, we obviously have christmas but we dont have Thanksgiving, what exactly is thanksgiving? is it something we have over here but just call it something different?

Cheers guys

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

Ahh right, so its an American thing

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I like George Carlins explanation better...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member

T-giving in the midwest....

Wednesday......

start sticking your fists in some partially thawed turkey for something called "giblets"...boil the giblets for something called "stuffing"....cut up a million veggies for the same....set your alarm for some godawful time in the morning to "put the turkey in"

Thursday....

wake up at that godawful time, "stuff" the turkey and put in oven to cook for a million hours.....shower, make some huge ass breakfast for a housefull of people you don't want to see.....do your 2nd or 3rd group of dishes, only to realize you haven't even started those yet....turn the tv on and WAIT patiently for the **** parade to be over and football to start.....listen to the people you don't want to see anyway bitch about some thing or another or at eachother if you're really lucky...football starts and you think you've been saved, only to find out that church is expected of you and you have to miss the **** game anyway....go to church, fall asleep, get wacked, wish you were watching the game....get home, house smells like some nasty restaurant, "check the turkey" then dig out every plate, fork, knife, glass, etc you own and set the biggest table you've ever seen, or ever wanted to see....butter a million rolls to "warm" in the oven after the turkey's out, peel 40 thousand white potatoes and 2 sweet potatoes(cuz you can't eat the white anymore, they make you sick), make the "green bean casserole", make your 80th pot of coffee and decide you've started smoking again and go outside to bum one from your bro who's smart enough to stay outside. Finally eat, get yelled at when you take a pile of turkey, sweet potatoes and some cottage cheese (that you dug out of the fridge), so sit in the corner where you apparently belong and try to eat your food in peace, do dishes AGAIN, play dominoes (my personal favorite part) with some of the adults that can actually not fight for an hour or two, watch more football (when they take some disney dvd out to switch for another), somebody mentions pie and everybody comes running, hide while the pie is devoured, do dishes and decide that's it, no more, go outside to your car (in socks and a t-shirt when it's 25 degrees out) to find alcohol.....give up, say goodnight and get the hell outta there....

congrats, you've just survived another!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Really it's a hoilday designed to keep the turkey population from overtaking us! Filthy birds! If they didn't make such a **** good samich there'd be no use for that bird at all.......and it goes well with stuffing. hahahahahaha

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy Snout
    Really it's a hoilday designed to keep the turkey population from overtaking us! Filthy birds! If they didn't make such a **** good samich there'd be no use for that bird at all.......and it goes well with stuffing. hahahahahaha
    I'm gona fry my Filthy Bird this year for the first time, should be interesting....

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    mmmmmmmmmm deep fried turkey

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I'm gona fry my Filthy Bird this year for the first time, should be interesting....
    You'll love it. It's like eating a giant fried chicken! I'm thinking of stopping by Popeye's (the freid chicken place...for those that don't know what good fried chicken is) and have them dust my bird for me then take him home and fry his/her ass! I love that spicy turkey from Popeye's!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    fried turkey is the best!

decadbal is offline Banned
    its how we celebrate beatin everyones ass in WAR

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    its how we celebrate beatin everyones ass in WAR
    By eating turkey? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Thread Information