Thread: Cold sores

jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Cold sores

Anyone else get cold sores on thier lips? I get a cold sore about every 6 months and it sucks. I'll have this girl i'm talking to and about to hook up with and then my cold sore will start and blister up on my lip and it looks like i have a ****ing disease on my lip. I don't know anyone else thats gets them. I know it isn't herpes because i've had them ever since i was born. Just venting because i have one right now and it's starting to look sick.

Jdog55

palme is offline Rosie Member
    No but my lips are abit dry, i need to put some lub on them i think.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    No but my lips are abit dry, i need to put some lub on them i think.
    sounds like an invatation to me jdog55,but I'm not judging

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    sounds like an invatation to me jdog55,but I'm not judging
    .........I got some lube for ya palme....

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I hate you two!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    I hate you two!

Lmao...

Danielle is offline Female Member
    thank god i've never had one..........but arent like all cold sores some type of herpes?....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

peam is offline Suspended
    yeah....you're always going to get cold sores... once the virus is in your body it comes back every once in a while... doesn't mean std type herpes but... some type of herpes... just let them dry and fall off... sounds gross but it's better than putting chapstick or whatever on them... they stay around longer that way

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    I'm trying abreeva and it's not working. OTC stuff in a tube smaller than neosporin for 15.99!

Jdog55

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have a friend who gets them. She gets some sort of perscription and if she takes it as she feels she is getting a sore it never shows up. I would talk to a doctor. It is oral herpes, nothing to sweat over. I think something like 75% of people have it. Some people just never get the sores, other people get sores inside their mouth so you don't see them.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Cold sores are actually herpes simplex 1, thet break out due to stress and sometimes acidic food.

Martin43 is offline New Member
    It is herpes simplex as stated above. Some people have a natural immunity, others don't. Attacks can also be triggered by too much exposure to the sun, so invest in a lip balm with sunscreen. I find tea tree oil applied to the affected area when the tingling sensation starts effective in minimising the outbreak. Acyclovir is equally effective for me.
    Last edited by Martin43; 12-02-2003 at 03:45 AM.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I get these ****ers too...they suck ass...they are so ugly looking and they do hurt...watch out though I one gave it to a girl...she goit it on the lip....but my brother in law once gave it to a chic while he was eating her out...LMFAO....the poor chic had to sit in front of a fan for a week blowing cool air on her snatch....so you can get it.

A good product I use that is OTC is Lysine (sp)...once you feel it comeing start popping these pillss...usually goes away....however, I hear no the doctors have strong ass medicine to fight them when you feel them coming on.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Me, never get them. THANK GOD. Funny story. We were in Southbeach a couple of years ago, and a buddy of mine gets this huge one on his face. We were like "dude, you might as well pack it up and head home, you have no chance of getting a women." So, he's all freaked out and buys this stuff to treat it. Well, to make a long story short, When he wasn't looking my buddy took his cream and peed down the hole of the bottle, so everytime he applied it (every 5 minutes) he was putting piss on it...

I'm still laughing to this very day.

Thread Information