talon is offline Senior Member

What do you guys think?

What is the single most governing force in the world? Love or conflict? I feel its conflict, but would like to hear your ideas......
    Last edited by talon; 11-30-2003 at 04:38 PM.

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    I think it's Love, because to me love causes a lot of the conflict.

But isnt love just a whimsicle idea manifested in the beginning of mankind to separate us from beast. I mean you can love your mother, your sister, your dad, but this is just a word we put on feelings we have which are just brought forth to fullfill our primal needs (ex mom nurturing etc.).
    On the other hand conflict drives everything. I mean we as a society and a human race conflict everything. I mean isnt it our confliction of interest which drives us to meet someone, gain our primal recognition, with them and then eventually fall in love?

I think it's more like we have strong feelings about something (love), which causes us to feel like it's worth conflicting over. I mean if I don't give a **** about something, I'm not gonna argue about it.

But your not coniflicting over what your dont give a **** about, your conflicting over the fact that you dont give a **** therefore your not going to argue about it. Dont mean to sound loopy but you get my idea.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I dont know BUT GOOD TO SEE YOU TALON!!!!!!!

You too big, happy thanksgiving bro. I hope all went well w/ the family and you guys had a great time. Now answer my question thread thief....LOL....

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    well there are more options.. money..greed..

but if I had to pick from those 2 choices.. id go love... more people are born outta love than conflict.. and without the people..conflict wont occur... hehe good? now lets BS!!

umm... that last one threw me, so I'm just gonna go with love.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    ditto on the love but without love for somthing there would never be conflict

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I'd have to go with conflict, because if I were listening to Creed I would be conflicted whether or not to blow my brains out.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talon
    What is the single most governing force in the world? Love or conflict? I have my feeling about this but would love to hear yours. It something I thought up after listening to Creed's "My Own Prison"....LOL
    ===========

Some shrink named Maslow came up with what's called a "heirachy of needs." Basically, a person has physiologic, safety, love, esteem, and self-actualization needs. You could drum up lots of motivation by keeping a fellow from getting any of these needs met . . .
    Here's a bit more on the topic . . .
    ------------------------------------------

http://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/intranet/c...tip/maslow.htm

Maslow has set up a hierarchy of five levels of basic needs. Beyond these needs, higher levels of needs exist. These include needs for understanding, esthetic appreciation and purely spiritual needs. In the levels of the five basic needs, the person does not feel the second need until the demands of the first have been satisfied, nor the third until the second has been satisfied, and so on. Maslow's basic needs are as follows:

Physiological Needs
    These are biological needs. They consist of needs for oxygen, food, water, and a relatively constant body temperature. They are the strongest needs because if a person were deprived of all needs, the physiological ones would come first in the person's search for satisfaction.

Safety Needs
    When all physiological needs are satisfied and are no longer controlling thoughts and behaviors, the needs for security can become active. Adults have little awareness of their security needs except in times of emergency or periods of disorganization in the social structure (such as widespread rioting). Children often display the signs of insecurity and the need to be safe.

Needs of Love, Affection and Belongingness
    When the needs for safety and for physiological well-being are satisfied, the next class of needs for love, affection and belongingness can emerge. Maslow states that people seek to overcome feelings of loneliness and alienation. This involves both giving and receiving love, affection and the sense of belonging.

Needs for Esteem
    When the first three classes of needs are satisfied, the needs for esteem can become dominant. These involve needs for both self-esteem and for the esteem a person gets from others. Humans have a need for a stable, firmly based, high level of self-respect, and respect from others. When these needs are satisfied, the person feels self-confident and valuable as a person in the world. When these needs are frustrated, the person feels inferior, weak, helpless and worthless.

Needs for Self-Actualization
    When all of the foregoing needs are satisfied, then and only then are the needs for self-actualization activated. Maslow describes self-actualization as a person's need to be and do that which the person was "born to do." "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, and a poet must write." These needs make themselves felt in signs of restlessness. The person feels on edge, tense, lacking something, in short, restless. If a person is hungry, unsafe, not loved or accepted, or lacking self-esteem, it is very easy to know what the person is restless about. It is not always clear what a person wants when there is a need for self-actualization.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Entropy.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Madness

Thread Information