hoss827 is offline Banned

My stepdad is a freaking idiot I swear.

"Listen here dammit! I'm tired of you eating us out of house and home. I'm sick of smelling tuna all the time, and I'm tired of you thinking you'll gain weight by eating so much. You're 16, your mass will come naturally throughout the years. Pretty **** big annoyance. If he knew a fraggin thing about it then he would understand...hes a 53 year old moron who knows nothing of diet, workouts, supplements , etc.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Tell him to go **** himself!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Ask the genius if he'd rather you be smoking, doing X or some other bs stuff that's gonna hurt you! Best thing to do is explain your living a healthy life style and that your goals are far higher reaching than just lifting weights. Blow him out with information.

I was lucky because when I was your age my pops was feeding me weight gainer shakes and pushing me in the gym and just kicking my ass! Only problem was that I eventually got too good for my own good and got stupid and stopped.

Good luck bro, and as long as your not screwing around with the other BS or gear your doing it right!

SID

Danielle is offline Female Member
    some people just don't understand........my father tells me everyday to put the gym on the back burner.......and put shcool and work first.........which i do but people that don't live this lifestyle just cant comphend........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

slamd097 is offline Banned
    guy sound like my father in law...I usually smile at him and watch him get really annoyed that he didn't effect me one bit. I find that more satisfying then anything else. And just continue on like he never said anything.

and just remind him, your in charge of your body. If you wanted to get a fat tire, you would ask for his opinion.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Well I dont know if i would go disrespecting some one that buys you food and lets you live in there home..but that is just me..I would maybe try to talk to him and let him know what you know...Maybe edumacate him...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Or you could just whip his ass like you do everybody else......

Nod and smile bro... just nod and smile (the goofier the smile, the better )

Red

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Or you could just whip his ass like you do everybody else......

.Already been done Mass . BTW he doesn't pay for the food, he just lives with us because hes my moms "boyfriend"...The dickhead just rides the motorcycle that my grandpa gave to my mom anytime he gets a chance. My mom buys my food hehe. And I have a job now so i'm paying for most of it myself. Hes just an ass who thinks he knows everything. I'm just gonna throw a ****load of info at em and tellem to go ride his **** Harley or something BTW the assbeating was kinda hard to give , I honestly think he won. He's an ex- marine, so he knows how to hold his own. The fight started because I accused em of cheating on my mom (i know the ****er is...) and he got pissed and said it was none of my business, or my moms where he is during the day...F U C K him!!!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Be like, listen you make fun of me or my size, or the way i eat... I'm going to have my friends over at AR board come over here and they are going to take turns fawking you...

thats a very positive sign, when people complain about how much you eat, you are doing a great job bro... Fawk that guy, he is a nobody, respect him when he respects you, and watch out for your mom, make sure he respects your mother, cause thats your blood bro... Don't let no ex-marine POS come up in your house and tell you what to do or your mom what to do...

good luck bro

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    You have to understand that working out and eating healthy is not the norm. The average person doesn't understand it. If you count your calories or workout on a continuous basis, something is wrong with you or you are on a diet according to the average population. People will constanly balance their checkbooks and plan their budget out on a monthly basis, but they won't do the same for their health. It is something that you will have to accept. The average population doesn't understand you working out more than a couple of times a week, only because the average person doesn't work out. And if you are in shape, they don't understand why you are working out at all because, "You are already in shape, why are you working out?". But you can bet that when these same people that talk about you have a big event in their life (wedding, class reunion, etc...) they will come running to you for advice on how to accomplish drastic weight loss in minimal time. You know what it takes and you know what you have to do to be in the shape that you want to be in. You cannot convince everyone to understand why you do what you do. You can only accept the fact that they will never have the passion to do what you do.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    **** Jason, reminded me of Jerry Springers' ending comments.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    **** him! He sounds like an ass anyway.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    go to the following link and crank up the speakers..

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket2.html

he is gonna **** his pants...

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    You have to understand that working out and eating healthy is not the norm. The average person doesn't understand it. If you count your calories or workout on a continuous basis, something is wrong with you or you are on a diet according to the average population. People will constanly balance their checkbooks and plan their budget out on a monthly basis, but they won't do the same for their health. It is something that you will have to accept. The average population doesn't understand you working out more than a couple of times a week, only because the average person doesn't work out. And if you are in shape, they don't understand why you are working out at all because, "You are already in shape, why are you working out?". But you can bet that when these same people that talk about you have a big event in their life (wedding, class reunion, etc...) they will come running to you for advice on how to accomplish drastic weight loss in minimal time. You know what it takes and you know what you have to do to be in the shape that you want to be in. You cannot convince everyone to understand why you do what you do. You can only accept the fact that they will never have the passion to do what you do.
    I hear what you're sayin Jason...It's really disapointing to me when people care more about money then their own health. I'm the healthiest in my family. My mom runs/walks occasionally at the gym, wants me to start weight training her. The stepdad just rides the motorcycle, works, eats, and sits down in the basement on his ass watching wrestling...I'm tired of hearing him bitch and whine about me wanting to excel in weightlifting and be in the best shape of my life, and improve and learn what I can. What really bothers me is I have the dickhead stepdad bitching about me eating...and the mother whining about the supplements I take saying how scared she is i'll "overdose" and how she doesnt want me taking them anymore...The only thing I am on is protein, micronized creatine, multiple amino acids, and good food!! She keeps saying how I can overdose on it all, but when I try to get her calm and sit her down to explain how it effects the body, she just gives up and flips out...then maybe a few days later it all starts over again...*sigh*...Why can't people be born with at least AVERAGE knowledge of such things???

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Jason gices the only good advice I can see. Being a Dad and having kids they understand that in my house I make the rules and they are obliged to follow them It is not a democracy and I do not allow my 17 year old son (constantly cranking uo his guitar) or 15 year old daughter to make their own rules or do what is convenient. I will always explain why they must do what I ask and listen to their opinions but in the end I make the decicions and they must comply or risk loss of priveledges. Both of these kids are step children plus 2 younger of my own. The step kids have been with me for 8 years. I buy them a lot of ****, not to mention food, shelter, driving them to friends houses, 2 computers, tvs in their own rooms etc. I bust my ass to provide a good home and they respect me. So I suggest you back off a bit. I remember at 16 I thought I knew everything. I didn't and you will find as you get older and go out on your own how much you didn't know at 16. When your done with school get your own place and set your own rules. For now keep a low profile, eat but don't try to make an issue or bait step dad into a fight. Your Mom chose the guy and she is entitled to make her own decisions. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. PM me and I'll try to give you more advice on avoiding conflict. In a few years this will be passed and if your step dad is still a hardass then that's on him. You'll never change that but need to maintain a civil relationship for your mom's well being as well as your own.

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    **** Jason, reminded me of Jerry Springers' ending comments.
    Is that a good or a bad thing? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I hear what you're sayin Jason...It's really disapointing to me when people care more about money then their own health. I'm the healthiest in my family. My mom runs/walks occasionally at the gym, wants me to start weight training her. The stepdad just rides the motorcycle, works, eats, and sits down in the basement on his ass watching wrestling...I'm tired of hearing him bitch and whine about me wanting to excel in weightlifting and be in the best shape of my life, and improve and learn what I can. What really bothers me is I have the dickhead stepdad bitching about me eating...and the mother whining about the supplements I take saying how scared she is i'll "overdose" and how she doesnt want me taking them anymore...The only thing I am on is protein, micronized creatine, multiple amino acids, and good food!! She keeps saying how I can overdose on it all, but when I try to get her calm and sit her down to explain how it effects the body, she just gives up and flips out...then maybe a few days later it all starts over again...*sigh*...Why can't people be born with at least AVERAGE knowledge of such things???
    I don't have a solution for your stepdad, but if I were you and wanted convince my mom that what I was doing was ok....I would write down what her concerns are, research them, and present the answers to her questions to her. Back them up with research. It's not hard to do at all. But besides what youa re already taking, I'm not sure what else you would need. Be glad that your parents are concerned about what you are putting into your body. Some parents could care less what their child does to themself.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Being a Dad and having kids they understand that in my house I make the rules and they are obliged to follow them
    Well, I'm afraid I have to agree with Markas on this one... even if your stepdad sounds like a dumb-ass freeloading POS, your mom did choose to have him live with you guys and well... she's the boss. What she says goes.

I guess you'll have to do your best to deal with it... oh and if the jackass ever lays a hand on you again, DO NOT fight him, do not play his game... press charges.

As others have said, concentrate on mom and try and drown her in facts about nutrition.

Red

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Well, I'm afraid I have to agree with Markas on this one... even if your stepdad sounds like a dumb-ass freeloading POS, your mom did choose to have him live with you guys and well... she's the boss. What she says goes.

I guess you'll have to do your best to deal with it... oh and if the jackass ever lays a hand on you again, DO NOT fight him, do not play his game... press charges.

As others have said, concentrate on mom and try and drown her in facts about nutrition.

Red
    Great advice...

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    by the way... how much multi-vitimans are you taking for your mom to be worried about OD??

but I think you doing right... just sit back and close the ears to the BS... itll pass, and when your 250+ of muscle its kinda like a "I told you so"

and a quick question.. if hes an ex-marine I bet his legs dont break 22 inches!!!

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    and the mother whining about the supplements I take saying how scared she is i'll "overdose" and how she doesnt want me taking them anymore...The only thing I am on is protein, micronized creatine, multiple amino acids, and good food!! She keeps saying how I can overdose on it all, but when I try to get her calm and sit her down to explain how it effects the body, she just gives up and flips out...then maybe a few days later it all starts over again...*sigh*...Why can't people be born with at least AVERAGE knowledge of such things???
    i went through the same **** w/ my mom and sister...my sister was (probably still is) convinced that creatine causes heart attacks, 'cause she heard it from one of her co-workers. You know, the fat one that knows so much about diet and exercise...not me who has a degree in nutrition and years of self-study of exercise and sports nutrition. And yea...ODing on protein? I had to explain the only side effect was going to be noxious flatulence and a gain of lean body mass

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    I have to agree with Red on this one......your mom did pick this guy regardless of if he is an @ss or not....work on your mom......but also IMO u don't have to tell this guy everything u do.....I have went thru the step-dad thing myself(fist fight and all).......and def press charges if he touches u again....that can open your mom's eyes to what type of person he really is.....if he is willing to hurt u then he has NO RESPECT for your mom or you.....good luck with this bro.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    eat up buddy you need to do it and **** him you know whats right so keep doing it

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to say, but it wont end with just you eating. He is miserable with himself. People who are happy with their own lives dont complain about other peoples lives.
    Be glad that is all he has to complain to you about.
    It sucks that you have to live there for a few more years. Ive been there and now my step dad and I are best freinds.
    He compliments me on my workouts and all that. But when I was 15 to 18, we did not get along at all.

Whoever posted with "atleast you arent doing drugs" comeback gave good advice. That should make him fortunate you arent getting in trouble with that crap.

Wow...She has just informed me of the correct age. 8 Was when she gave me the hummer...3 was how old she was when she did this. Yikes...

Thread Information