FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone here have tendons/ligaments problems?

my elbows and shoulders hurt pretty badly sometimes and i dont want to quit training for any period of time. is there anything i can do or suplement i can take to reinforced those chitty ligaments? but first i want to kno if theres some folks that deal with that each time they work out

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Only thing I know of is glucosamine chondroitin. It's supposed to speed healing of tendons, ligaments, etc. But it didn't do too much for me . . . I have a sort spot right where the bicep tendon attaches to the forearm, and (I think I stressed it out from my **** accordian) a couple months of that stuff didn't help much. So for the past while, I quit working biceps and the accordian (gonna have to make do with the piano), and over the past month or two it seems to have gotten a bit better. Of course, it may have been helped by a daily shot of HGH (that's supposed to help). I think Deca helps also, probably try some of that next March.

That's about all I know about that . . . you could probably find more helpful info from a chiropractor or MD.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    bro you need to get some 800mg Ibuprofin and take half before and after you workout. and ICE,ICE,ICE,ICE, the shoulders and elbows, it is the best thing for that kind of pain, trust me im a powerlifter

mass junkie is offline banned
    I hear deca is pretty good for the joints...

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    ice them after you workout and later on before you go to sleep.......ICE them right now if they are hurting

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    also do a thurough warm up before you lift.
    glucosamine only helps if you take it for at least a couple of months. it made me feel like there were air bubbles in my joints.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Bro, I've already had 2 surgeries done on my left knee and one on my right. Prior to the right knee surgery, the orthopedic surgeon suggested getting cortisone shots but that's only a temporary solution to something that can become permanent if it isn't dealt with in time. Take it from me, pain is the body's way of healing itself. If you continue working with that kind of pain, as opposed to muscular pains, you can create more damage to that area. So have a doctor look at it, have X-rays and/or MRI done on it, whatever it takes. I hate having to be out of the gym too. But at least when I go back, which will be this week after 3 months out, I know that I'll be 100% better than when I last worked out.

Besides, you're liable to get a big supply of Vicadin.......LOL

cb25 is offline Banned
    I'll add my suggestions. I blew out my knee (torn ACL, meniscus and vastus medialis) a few years ago. Granted, i'm young, but i never had surgery, just physical therapy, and some smart training since then...and i've been relatively problem free.

Always warmup thoroughly before lifting. This is especially important for legs. Do some light cardio and stretch beforehand. Then do a couple light sets to get used to the movement, then proceed to your working sets.

I've taken glucosamine/chondroitin/msm...i feel that this helps, but you do have to take it for a while (1-2 months) before you notice anything (if you notice anything at all - it doesn't work for everyone). Personally, i noticed the benefit more when i stopped taking it (soreness came back) then when i was taking it.

And always ice down after a workout...this helps. I've even used things like IcyHot, FlexAll, etc before a workout (or in my case, a basketball game) to help loosen up a bit...definitely give it a shot, if you don't mind the medicated smell...

hey thanks everyone for the advises!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Yeah had my left knee scoped years ago and whenever Ir roll on the mat I can feel it just isn't right. I did all rehab but had to come to grips it will never be 100%.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Cortisone shots...also Naproxen (Alieve) help out!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I deal with that crap everytime I go in...My shoulder starts to pop whenever I do any kind of chest, or shoulder workouts...It's very annoying, and it seems to go weaker quicker then my other shoulder...If you've had problems with torn ligaments or tendons before, then do physical therapy excercises...Also, use heat packs on it before you lift, and ICE it right afterwords..It'll prevent soreness. Good luck!

BluEyedClubr is offline Associate Member
    I have a problem with my right shoulder....

When I went to get X-Rays on it 2 years ago the doctor told me that there is an abnormal hook to the bone and when i am doing chest and shoulder exercises the bone is actually snagging on the muscle as it moves.... OUCH!

Every few months it gets bad and I need a break on it....

The older veterans in my gym yelled at me last night b/c they saw how much pain I was in trying to do Chest.... They told me I need a break on it.... I'm just too **** stubborn! My bench has dropped @ 50 lb in the last 2 - 3 weeks - not b/c of chest strength but b/c of the pain in my shoulder It's pretty bad.... I went from doin all benching and dumbell presses and dumbell flies to doing all cables and hammerstrength presses.... GRRRR....

I'm just gonna put some extra time into my Legs I guess while I give my shoulder a break

the main problems is my elbows. f*ck the ligament hurt so much when i do heavy tris!! is it permanent?

BluEyedClubr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    the main problems is my elbows. f*ck the ligament hurt so much when i do heavy tris!! is it permanent?

Mine have been hurtin ever since I did my first cycle last spring.... and it hasn't gone away yet.... and i haven't touched any AS since...

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    When I go up in bench pressing I tend to go up 5lbs every 5 days but man does it take a toll on the tendons that run down my biceps into my forearms. It hurts so bad sometimes that I don't even want to finish my work out. When its real bad it'll hurt to the point its hard to pick up much of anything in any sort of way. I get held up on gaining more so from my elbows then I do from anything else.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    See an Ortho Surgeon...that was the best thing I have ever done!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    TRLS..Sounds like you have developed chronic tendonitis from lifting..The pain and discomfort you are feeling is the inflammation of the tendon putting pressure on the surrounding nerve beds..If you continue to do the same excercises over and over and are still feeling the pain, you need to discontinue those particular movements..

Some people can't perform certain types of excercises..You will just have to adapt and find other ways to hit your tri's..If you don't stop, you may very well cause some permanent damage..

Recommendations:

1.) Always warm up your joints prior to lifting..Just 10-15 minutes of cardio is sufficient

2.) DO NOT take pain meds or large doses of anti-inflammatories prior to lifting..This can really cause problems because it can mask the pain and you could be doing more, severe damage without knowing it at the time

3.) If an excercise is painful stop!! Move on to another movement..If the pain is still there, that is your body telling you there is a problem. Listen to it!!!

4.) After your workout, use ice and then take an anti-inflammatory..Aleve is very good..DO NOT use heat after the workout on the sore area. This can "dry" out the joint and cause more discomfort. Always use ice.

5.) Deca really does work. In fact, I will say that it is a miracle drug for most who use it that experience joint pains. I will include it in every cycle because I know it works wonders for me and I have plenty of aches and pains from years of lifting and aging. Glucosamine may be beneficial so it's certainly worth a try. It does not benefit everyone however.

Doc M

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    And I forgot one important one..

6.) Stretch

palme is offline Rosie Member
    My knees are ****ed up, i need to see one of those bonedoctors that enjoy hurting people, chiropractor?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    And I forgot one important one..

6.) Stretch
    hey thanks a lot Doc M

i usually got those pain when i started with very heavy weight. if i train my tris after doin chest and with progressive weights, my elbows are less painful.

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    Wow good to hear good advice from someone who would know... it sucks, I can't imagine not doing bench presses though (for me thats when it hurts most).

Thread Information