nostawk is offline Associate Member

working out kills brain cells

OK not really............................................ ............but lately when working out, after a heavy set that really tires me out I will occasionally do the ****ing stupidest things. Today while doing squats I went to get a drink after a set then I walked up to the wrong squat rack, I stood there and stretched for about a minute,...... then I realized that a different amount of weight was on the bar...........you would think i'd of figured it out then but I thought that someone had taken the weight off (apparantly i was still a little to light headed to think correctly) so I turn around to the guy standing there and say......I've got two more sets and i'll be done..................So he gives me this confused look and points to the other squat rack which i was using....................so needless to say i felt like a complete dumbass.......However on the bright side it was probably the best squat workout I've ever had and I'd gladly be a complete MOron for a while if I improved like thta on every workout.

I know i can't be the only person that these sorts of things happen to?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Nah, after a heavy set of anything, I tend to space out slightly, it's nothing out of the ordinary. After my last set of heavy squats I tend to wander aimlessly for about 20 seconds after I finish catching my breath.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    lolllllllllll @ nostawk.....i hate when things like that happen... i didn't do exactly that, but i'm guilty of making a fool out of myself a few times...lol..just gotta laugh it off...

yeah, me and the guy whos rack i Stole had a good laugh when i explained why i did that.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    exactly like rambo said you space out for a monent............get light headed.......probably cause you just shocked your body or did something it was not used to or not normal...........after i run about 7-8 miles.....i can barely hold a convo with anyone i'm so out of it........your body just needs to recuperate.......so dont worry........its nothing out of the ordinary
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    I guess that explains all the Morons in the world. You'd think they'd be bigger though?

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    that was good.. ive had a few instances of opps in the gym...

laying down after a set of squats in agony.. telling my partner "Only 6 more sets!!" the looks on peoples faces!

You look smaller in your avatar. You been cutting?

no I got a hair cut!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    LOL big

Havent dont anything like that. I do get lightheaded and might walk into a bench or the legpress or something, but never stolen someones rack

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    LOL big

Havent dont anything like that. I do get lightheaded and might walk into a bench or the legpress or something, but never stolen someones rack
    I hate the guys who are all " hey you wanna work out here.. ill move its ok.." and then they keep askind...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I hate the guys who are all " hey you wanna work out here.. ill move its ok.." and then they keep askind...
    Wait wut do you mean? What's wrong with that? I've asked people that before. I was doing fly's on the bench press bench, could have used one of the other ones (I mean regular bench, i forget wtf it's called) so I asked the guy if he wanted to do his chest work out, and I moved

Talking

I think these people are afraid of you and your legs........

Quote Originally Posted by nostawk
    I think these people are afraid of you and your legs........
    hehe I try to cover em up in the gym...

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    after one of my workouts a little while ago, i get home and making a protein shake, anyway, i have protein container open rite next to my protein cup....so i get 2 scoops of protein from the container and put it in my cup and then i proceed to pour the milk into the full 10lb protein container instead of my protein cup....wasted alot of protein, had to spoon out the wet parts....

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    7 to 8 miles danielle? thats more like a car ride... im good for 3 put im **** near dead for an hour after.. anyway good for you

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cooksbrut
    7 to 8 miles danielle? thats more like a car ride... im good for 3 put im **** near dead for an hour after.. anyway good for you

hehehe.........thanks.........most people pleatu @ around 3 miles......i know i did for a while.........well if all goes according to plan........half-marathon in 6 months.............NYC Marathon 2005.......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

I don't know how you guys can run distance I ran the 100m and 200m, but at 201m I was done. To me I just don't like running long distance. I don't like running in normal life either. If I see a bus ride by me, and it I would either have to run to catch it, or wait another hour for the next one, I will sure as hell be waiting. I refuse to be one of "those" people that run around the city... but maybe that's because I've got nowhere important to be most of the time, or more likely, I don't care about being punctual

Edit: I even refuse to walk quickly. It must be hanging around all these Samoans, because I've got my "mosy" down pat.

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    One time I was doing leg extensions and there was a hottie doing some ab crunch ball thing right across from me, I was getting a nice taint shot and decided to continue to pump out reps while she did this "revealing" crunch work. Well, after about 30 reps, she stops and I go to get up from the machine, take 2 steps, and then crumble as my legs can't hold me up. Almost took the poor girl out, she moved quick though and I was able to firmly plant my face into the floor...

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    It has to do with blood flow. There is slightly less blood in the brain.

Thread Information