bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

My girl had a 104 temp.

My wife took her to the ER yesterday cause she was burning up.. 104!!!
    **** I was scared but she came home and I saw her and she was all Tylenol\motrin'd up and as happy as ever..

and now today I call my wife and she had to take her again and they gave her a thing she has to breathe stuff through.. like a steamer cause she has been HACKIN up and they said she had some bronchial crap... and it might be asthema, but its to early to tell.. they took some test..

man, I pray its not asthema.. my son is a healthy beaver and shes always seemed so healthy...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    She will be OK. I have a little girl as well. Stuff like that freaks me out!!

I hope all is well. Please keep us updated.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Sorry man..That sucks, 104 is really high, I think that you can have serious problems are temps around 107 or some thing, But good call on bringing her in.

well my wife took her in.. I sat at home. hehe

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    hope she gets better bro...thats pretty high 104...****

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Take kids to the ER all the time cause of this stuff. Just keep an eye on the temp. Anti-biotics will take care of the respiratory thing. Kids tolerate a higher temp better than adults. If your taking a temp remember to add 1 degree if its taken under the arm.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    My youngest get high temps like that also. Which is normal for kids, they always run higher temps than adults, but regardless my wife always takes ours in once it get to about 104 as well. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the asthma, been my experience that when kids get sick its usually lasts longer and is more pronounced. Hope she feels better soon!--Cat

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Big..I wouldn't worry yourself too much..Kids are very resilient and although a 104 degree temp. is high, it's not a dangerous level..As long as they kept her temp. down and it didn't spike at all, she should be fine..The breathing treatment was probably Albuterol and that's a normal med to give anyone who has any congestion when sick..It's really to help break up the mucus so they can cough it up..Keep an eye on her as I am sure you will, and she should continue to be a healthy little girl..Hope all is well!!

Doc M

well thanks for all the comments (expecially for you Doc). I stayed up till 4:30 this morning keeping and eye on her and layed down in my sons bed.. her crib is next to his bed and he slept in mine. about 7 she woke up coughing and vomitted all over... she also hasnt been drinking or eating much and hasnt been urinating but 1-2x's... I think shes dehdrating and it seems to be getting worse.. but she's with grandma right now (wifes outta town) so Im positive shes in GOOD hands hehe and grandma will shovel down the liquids

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    she will be ok bro the docs will help her out ... best wishes tor her to get better fast

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dang bro I just found this thread.........I surely wish the best for the smallerol'legs......my son has had a 104 temp. before...it is scary but they are tough little boggers......make sure she stays hydrated......keep us posted.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Does she have influensa? Hope she gets better!

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    I've had to breathe through one of those things a ton of times. I don't like it at all but it's not so bad, it helps alot but I do feel bad for her, I hope she feels better soon. Yeah I'd bet it was albuterol too. That machine makes me drool LOL!

mass junkie is offline banned
    I know what your going through bro.....My little girl had a high temp....probaly about the same as yours...it freaked me out because she was so lethargic.....We went to the ER...and because of her age they rushed her right in and made sure to get her properly hydrated.....it was a very scary few days...making sure her temperature didnt proceed to escalate........well when the fever broke.....she was back to her normal self...and I was able to sleep again.......I wish your daughter and you and the family the best of luck bro...Everything will be ok...Modern Medicine is a wonderful thing..

BigOl ... Hope your little girl gets well soon! I'm sure it's just a minor thing anyways which will be over before you know it. Kids are tough as nails even when their parents turn to jelly

I don't care how tough I may be, when my boy is sick I swear my insides turn to mush and I feel worse than him! He had a 24hrs flu bug monday. He was a little warm at breakfast so he went to school anyways (with a note to teacher to call me if he got worse). I ended up picking him up and going home at 11... I felt like such a shiet for sending him to school. Ends up that by tuesday morning he was ok...

Oh and with grandma on the case, I have no doubt your girl is in FINE care! What oh what would we do without grandmas! I would be sooo lost!

Red

so big fill us in how is she doing ?

well today no vomitting.. and she did eat some baby food.. but she still isnt drinking her bottles.. but she likes play with the sippy cups and making messes hehe

She looks like shes doing better though.. but my wife and her mom is another issue! hehe I think Ill start a thread about it.. itll be long though

good to hear shes doing better

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Glad to hear it Bro! I hate it when the kids are sick they are just so Blah! Looks like things are looking up. Yes the mom and mom in law are always freakin out about the small things.

BigOl ... Glad to hear your little darling is feeling better! Now it's Mom and Dad's turn to recover

Red

Thread Information