BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Post your video game ideas!!

Pretend that you have some crazy development team that will basically put into existence whatever crazy video game you come up with. I have two:

1. A game based on the same structural platform as the Medal of Honor series but taking place in the American Revolution. I think MOH does so well because it's considered (as studs terkel would point out) the "good war" and invokes patriotism and nostalgia. The Am. Rev. is certainly on par with this for invoking these feelings, and I think it would be a sweet game for sure. How about it science?

2. Backyard whiffle ball. You could create players like in the old NES Baseball Stars, but with more advanced gameplay, you could select attributes (like the neighborhood bully, etc, etc). Furthermore, you could develop crazy pitches, not to mention design your own park in a backyard....you know, make the hedges a homerun, the tool shed a foul poll and so on. That would be fun.

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    I would make a game just like GTA vice city but with some adjustments... Ill go into detail later

cb25 is offline Banned
    I'd be up for some backyard wiffleball...we always play wiffleball when we go camping, so i'd like the forest as an alternate playing field in that one...

My idea for a video game would be...a dragonball Z game that actually is a playable story line, rather than just the budokai fights (even though i love the game as is)...something that allows you to travel through the worlds, following the story lines (more or less)...

Another...snow wars...like a neighborhood snowball fight (can't help...after last week's snow, it's all i want to do)...where you can build various bases, team up with nieghborhood kids and take over different buildings, etc...

i don't know, i think i'm stretching with these...though i do like the MOH for civil war idea...

They used to have a game called Pirates for Sega Genesis...good game, i could go for an update version for PS2, some adjustments to make it more involved...

cascade is offline Junior Member
    A 2d game (looking down at the player) that uses a satellite to digitaly recreate any city/town and country that you want. You play as someone and run around seeing everything that the satellite would (so if you picked your town, you could run to your street and start shooting up your own house/car/family (if you're that sick ). The game would need to have it's own program, so things would react to how they probably would due to any occurance (if you shoot someone they will die, cops will come... ect).
    Kind of get the idea?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    A 2d game (looking down at the player) that uses a satellite to digitaly recreate any city/town and country that you want. You play as someone and run around seeing everything that the satellite would (so if you picked your town, you could run to your street and start shooting up your own house/car/family (if you're that sick ). The game would need to have it's own program, so things would react to how they probably would due to any occurance (if you shoot someone they will die, cops will come... ect).
    Kind of get the idea?
    sounds like an advanced Sims game...

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    Kind of get the idea?
    Sounds like a sick game, when is it comin out because ILL Buy it right now... LOL

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I would want a real time game! It was rumored that EA was coming out with it, where you are a Mission Impossible, CIA or Covert ops guy. And you could basically play it 24x7! Given things to do or search (web, phone book, etc) and then take it into the game for usage. Incorporate a TEAM, several people playing as team members each doing different jobs, taking all the info you gather and runnig through a mission @ night when you're all on line. Hell real life contact with others also. Just something you can get ingolfed in!

Or, how about a game where you're Dirk Diggler and you have to nail all the girls on different levels!!!!!

SID

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    I would want a real time game! It was rumored that EA was coming out with it, where you are a Mission Impossible, CIA or Covert ops guy. And you could basically play it 24x7! Given things to do or search (web, phone book, etc) and then take it into the game for usage. Incorporate a TEAM, several people playing as team members each doing different jobs, taking all the info you gather and runnig through a mission @ night when you're all on line. Hell real life contact with others also. Just something you can get ingolfed in!

Or, how about a game where you're Dirk Diggler and you have to nail all the girls on different levels!!!!!

SID
    I'll take one of each please

I dig the snow battle game. These are for the most part pretty sweet ideas though...someone should forward this link to EA...so i can then sue them for stealing my whiffle ball idea

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I dig the snow battle game. These are for the most part pretty sweet ideas though...someone should forward this link to EA...so i can then sue them for stealing my whiffle ball idea
    lol...you could be like Cliff Claven on Cheers...when Johnny Carson stole his jokes!

if anyone remembers that...i'll be impressed...

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I just want a real life game. You can go for a drive, walk down the road..bump someone, get some beef started and just beat ass. I mean a basic day to day game of life. Go to schools, fight in the hallways, go to clubs, get jumped and/or jump someone...you guys get me

mfenske is offline Member
    I like BG's idea about the Revolutionary War game. What would be cool is if with cheat codes you could utilize modern weapons. Heck for that time frame a 12GA shotgun would absolutely terrorize the Redcoats. Could you imagine the fun of using a minigun with all of those guys standing in formation. It would be kinda like bowling. Since we are making a whiffle ball game I want to suggest another classic back yard game. Lawn darts. You get bonus points for hitting the annoying poodle next door. Mark

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    How about a game where you would play a assasin and you recreate the famous assasinations in the world. Like the jfk assasination and the assasination of that us president in some theather or whatever(yeah I suck at history lol). You control one guy but can lay out a plan for a whole team and do the assasination in any way you want. So you dont have to do it the historicaly correct way.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    How about a game where you would play a assasin and you recreate the famous assasinations in the world. Like the jfk assasination and the assasination of that us president in some theather or whatever(yeah I suck at history lol). You control one guy but can lay out a plan for a whole team and do the assasination in any way you want. So you dont have to do it the historicaly correct way.
    Like the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand?

actually, an interesting concept...though i'm sure some people would be up in arms about the idea of celebrating the people who pulled off assassinations, especially someone like JFK...but a basic assassination game with no ties to history might do better...

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Here it is baby!!! Watch the trailer!!!

http://www.doom3.com

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25

actually, an interesting concept...though i'm sure some people would be up in arms about the idea of celebrating the people who pulled off assassinations, especially someone like JFK...but a basic assassination game with no ties to history might do better...
    Yeah I guess some would find it disturbing.

A real assasin game would be awsome. sneaking, hiding bodies ect. But maby there is a game like that allready??

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25

I totally agree, the last thing you need is kids playing a game that celebrates and encourages the assassination of world leaders!! However, just like you said, an ordinary assassin game with fictional characters would be pretty cool.

Lately i've been really into the SWAT type of games. I would love to try all the new ones like Socom, MI, etc... But i got no gaming system, and my PC is too old for new games, and i'm poor

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Big Green. How bout a little whiffle ball

http://www.candystand.com/games/cn_shock_cnwb.htm

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Hey Big Green. How bout a little whiffle ball

http://www.candystand.com/games/cn_shock_cnwb.htm
    Please don't read too much into this, but I love you.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    SID
    Believe it or not, this has been done, about 5 years ago for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    This has been done also. It is also for the PC. I don't remember the name.

Personally, I'd like to see a game where you play as the angel Lucifer and gather an army agaisnt God, in the western Christian traditional sense. I bet that could be interesting.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    drunken bowling, just a good bowling game inhanced with beer gogle vision as you proceede through the frames. give ya the spins, you control how much you drink, so you can get sloshed after the 3rd frame. i think that would be fun

Thread Information