Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CutieFace Guest

NY's Suffolk Police Dept.........

New contract allows then the right to test Suffolk county cops for steroid use ......

this is just the beginning

Cutie

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by CutieFace
    New contract allows then the right to test Suffolk county cops for steroid use ......

this is just the beginning

Cutie
    Don't get me wrong. These guys and gals are supposed to be able to do a.s. unchecked but be able to take me to jail for having them in my car. They picked the job not me. It only seems right.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    What mart said is kind of right, it sucks, but if they can bring me to jail for juice, why should they be allowed to do it...

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    What mart said is kind of right, it sucks, but if they can bring me to jail for juice, why should they be allowed to do it...
    True...but are you tested for AS at your job? I'd be willing to venture not. How would you feel if your boss announced that he'd be administering drug tests for any "performance enhancing" substances??

I see your point, i'm kinda on the fence right now, but wanted to play devils advocates...so...

As a police officer you are required to obey and uphold the law. Now I know a lot of police officers in my town and I consider them my friends. I have told them many times that being a police officers was their choice and setting there drinking and driving with me one night and then taking someone to jail for it the next. Makes them the biggest piece of **** I know. So same goes for A.S.

Yeah same goes for if ur not a cop u get pulled over waisted ur getting a DWI... If ur a cop get pulled waisted, chances are nothins happening, I just think its a little unfair, i have a bunch of freinds that r cops that juice, doesnt make it right, its just the perspective that u can do what ever u want is not to cool, no one is above the law persay..

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i'm going to take the Suffolk County police exam as soon as they hold the next one.........Nassau and Suffolk cops are the highest paid in the county....correct me if im wrong but i believe they are.........but lets not forget Nassau is the most expensive county to live in, in the United States
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

the_rebirth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    i'm going to take the Suffolk County police exam as soon as they hold the next one.........Nassau and Suffolk cops are the highest paid in the county....correct me if im wrong but i believe they are.........but lets not forget Nassau is the most expensive county to live in, in the United States
    your gonna goto be a cop?

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Relax everyone. I'm from LI and I know many Suffolk cops. I just took the Suffolk exam and I did very well. What this most likely means is that if, A cops commanding officer has a reasonable suspicion that an officer is on juice, he can put in a request that the officer be tested. This does not mean that it will be part of the initial qualifiaction to pass a steriod test in order to become a suffolk cop. They can't and won't make it a random thing to test just anyone and everyone. There has to be suspicion of steriod use. Just to let you all know, the NYPD already does this and has done so for years. And I know many a city cop that used juice, and they never had a prob. When you do into the PD you are drug tested as part of a pre-emplyment screening process, they take a hair sample that goes back for 3 months, and they test for rec drugs. They do not test for steriods , it is just cost prohibitive to test people at random for steriods. Like I have said there has to be reasonable suspicion. Oh by the way Cutie where did you hear this info from any way?.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    And I'm sure if you are under suspision the officer in question will be notified by his supervisor as to when the test will be given (or he has a set time whithin to take the test) so that he can "study" for the exam.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I seriously think they should be tested...I mean you are a cop, you take someone to jail for drinking and driving, snorting coke, taking juice smoking weed....these ****in cops do al that **** and no one can touch them. Don't get me wrong I have the utmost respect for cops...I wanted to be one....I cannot stand those who abuse their authority...those cops I do not like! SO I say test those f*ckers!

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    Danielle you just missed your calling the Nassau and Suffolk County cop test were given in the last couple of months. If you want the New York State Troopers test is going to be comming up if you want to take that!!! I hope FDNY doesn't make that a requirement testing for steriod use!!!!! JohnDoe good luck with the Suffolk county cops.... a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Stea7jjdyEddie
    Danielle you just missed your calling the Nassau and Suffolk County cop test were given in the last couple of months. If you want the New York State Troopers test is going to be comming up if you want to take that!!! I hope FDNY doesn't make that a requirement testing for steriod use!!!!! JohnDoe good luck with the Suffolk county cops.... a lot of money.

i know i know.......Suffolk's test was in Febrary i believe..........just wanted to wait so i know i will do well.......cause if you want to get in, you need to do extremely well...........i dont believe Nassau had a test in a while.....they werent hiring any new cops until recently...........since we are such in debt..........but yeh, Suffolk County Cop Salary =
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    state trooper test is over too friend just got home from albany. I know lots of cops here on the island including state troopers and it seems to me from conversations and experiences suffolk cops are cleaner then the nassau. personaly i think they should be giving tests for othere drugs besides steroids some of these guys are into some crazy ****. :spudniktr
    Last edited by RageControl; 12-11-2003 at 01:57 PM.

CutieFace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234
    Relax everyone. I'm from LI and I know many Suffolk cops. I just took the Suffolk exam and I did very well. What this most likely means is that if, A cops commanding officer has a reasonable suspicion that an officer is on juice, he can put in a request that the officer be tested. This does not mean that it will be part of the initial qualifiaction to pass a steriod test in order to become a suffolk cop. They can't and won't make it a random thing to test just anyone and everyone. There has to be suspicion of steriod use. Just to let you all know, the NYPD already does this and has done so for years. And I know many a city cop that used juice, and they never had a prob. When you do into the PD you are drug tested as part of a pre-emplyment screening process, they take a hair sample that goes back for 3 months, and they test for rec drugs. They do not test for steriods, it is just cost prohibitive to test people at random for steriods. Like I have said there has to be reasonable suspicion. Oh by the way Cutie where did you hear this info from any way?.

Well there was an article in the paper this morning and it was being discussed on several mediums

Cutie

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    No, there is a trooper exam in May. You have to File before Feb 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by CutieFace
    Well there was an article in the paper this morning and it was being discussed on several mediums

Cutie

which paper?

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    I want to be a cop, I have a few things to do before its an option for me but it sounds like a great job to me. Carry a gun all day long, working out is a plus, helping people, and getting ok money to do it all. Only problem is it's so hard to get the job...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    i know i know.......Suffolk's test was in Febrary i believe..........just wanted to wait so i know i will do well.......cause if you want to get in, you need to do extremely well...........i dont believe Nassau had a test in a while.....they werent hiring any new cops until recently...........since we are such in debt..........but yeh, Suffolk County Cop Salary =
    Dunno how it is in your area but in Canada good looking females and visible minorities have a MAJOR advantage when applying to be a cop. Out of curiousity what is the salary range you speak of?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    BS, they are saying they will test. But at the price the tests are averaging they will not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Dunno how it is in your area but in Canada good looking females and visible minorities have a MAJOR advantage when applying to be a cop. Out of curiousity what is the salary range you speak of?

So ****ing true!

IN Quebec by example, if you are white and a male you need
    to do your 3 years in college in police science, then if you are hired by a department you can go to the provincial academy.

But, if you are a minority, you dont need your college degree, neither to go to the academy, HS 's diploma is enought................

I love liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    So ****ing true!

IN Quebec by example, if you are white and a male you need
    to do your 3 years in college in police science, then if you are hired by a department you can go to the provincial academy.

But, if you are a minority, you dont need your college degree, neither to go to the academy, HS 's diploma is enought................

I love liberals!

Totally that way in BC, especially Vancouver City police. You've been to Regina before right? Notice all the good looking female cops in the city that is home to the RCMP bigwigs.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    As a police officer you are required to obey and uphold the law. Now I know a lot of police officers in my town and I consider them my friends. I have told them many times that being a police officers was their choice and setting there drinking and driving with me one night and then taking someone to jail for it the next. Makes them the biggest piece of **** I know. So same goes for A.S.

until you have walked in a police offices shoes please do not make those kinds of remarks. Police officers are human too. No police officer walking the streets is perfect. If you consider them your friends then why would you call them a POS?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by LostUp
    I want to be a cop, I have a few things to do before its an option for me but it sounds like a great job to me. Carry a gun all day long, working out is a plus, helping people, and getting ok money to do it all. Only problem is it's so hard to get the job...
    Yeah, good luck in Buffalo. Other than a family member that's in sex crimes, my cousin had to go to NYC to apply, and he rocked the tests, and even then is still on the wait list till next year. They are laying off a bunch of cops in Buff as it is.

but lets not forget Nassau is the most expensive county to live in, in the United States
    R u sure about that, im pretty sure i know a few more expensive counties to live in in the US.... I know naussua is expensive but

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yes, here in Oahu a gallon of milk cost 5-6 dollars. That's ridiculous.

. Out of curiousity what is the salary range you speak of?

Average Suffolk Cop appox. = $110k........US dollars...not sure what that equals in Canadian money.........

Average Suffolk Cop appox. = $110k........US dollars...not sure what that equals in Canadian money.........
    Really, wow, that is pretty good for a cop... I know the average weschester cop pulls in around 100k...

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Wow! That's a buttload of cash...Danielle I say go for it if this is whatcha want. You know you can do it , and so does the board. You have your dream, just turn it into reality. Good luck angel,

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Crap!!!!!!!!!!! thats why those bums give me so many tickets going down the LIE! shoot at that pay I might even look at it.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Not to mention the killer pension plans..

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    until you have walked in a police offices shoes please do not make those kinds of remarks. Police officers are human too. No police officer walking the streets is perfect. If you consider them your friends then why would you call them a POS?
    Hey Bro, obviously this is something near and dear to your heart and I understand how you feal. When i said that they are the biggest POS i know, it was to their faces and they had plenty of chances to take up for themselves.
    I know they are only human but my point was they chose the job and then make the choice to take someone to jail for exactly the same thing they are doing. For example six years ago one of my best friends (who is now a ex cop) was setting in the back of a bar doing gaggers all night long. Two nights later I got a phone call from another friend who needed me to come bail him out of jail for cocaine.
    Come to find out the arresting officer was my other friend who was scraping them out like there was no tomorrow two days before. So my point realy is if you are going to take me to jail for something that you do on your own time, then you should be tested for what ever the last guy you took to jail had.

Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    Not to mention the killer pension plans..

OMG..........the benefits of a cop on long island are unimaginable............

hoss827 is offline Banned
    yeah really...Pension is very good. I'm joining the US Air Force so eventually I can get penision...

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Hey Bro, obviously this is something near and dear to your heart and I understand how you feal. When i said that they are the biggest POS i know, it was to their faces and they had plenty of chances to take up for themselves.
    I know they are only human but my point was they chose the job and then make the choice to take someone to jail for exactly the same thing they are doing. For example six years ago one of my best friends (who is now a ex cop) was setting in the back of a bar doing gaggers all night long. Two nights later I got a phone call from another friend who needed me to come bail him out of jail for cocaine.
    Come to find out the arresting officer was my other friend who was scraping them out like there was no tomorrow two days before. So my point realy is if you are going to take me to jail for something that you do on your own time, then you should be tested for what ever the last guy you took to jail had.

doing cocaine is a totaly different ballgame. that is a total discrace to the shield.

I'm in shock!! Where is this place you speak of? I think a career change is in order for me.....

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm in shock!! Where is this place you speak of? I think a career change is in order for me.....
    Indeedeth, thy constables of thou king doth accumulate shillings most numereth. Shouldest thou skills with the blade be sufficient, perhaps thoust mayeth partake in said apprenticeship?*

*http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Indeedeth, thy constables of thou king doth accumulate shillings most numereth. Shouldest thou skills with the blade be sufficient, perhaps thoust mayeth partake in said apprenticeship?*

*http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811
    You keep this old English up and I might start posting in pig latin.....or worse French!!!

About 1 billion or so!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    You keep this old English up and I might start posting in pig latin.....or worse French!!!
    worse...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information