956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Anyone ever studied aboard or traveled in Europe?

Just curious if any of you have any insight on this. I am thinking of spending the beginning of my summer in Prauge. Sounds to be a bad-ass experience and a great thing to place on a resume. Classes would only be held tues-thurs, so you have 5 day wkends throughout. I would have many opportunites to travel around get get in all sorts of trouble .

So, has anyone visited the Czech Rep? or have any suggestions on what to do while out there? Thanks!
    Vette

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, don't act too much american.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Act to american..that is all that lives in Prague...well Americans and Eastern-Bloc prostitutes! Actually it is a beautiful place...very cheap! Lots of tourists..all season..rent is cheap..city transportation is cheap...great night life..a good place for an extended visit..but sort of cliche for a lenghty stay! Lots of Expats!

Blog Entries
    Thanks BS & 3V!

Will it be too much of an issue if i am not fluent in any other lang besides English?- Will that make traveling difficult? What is the food like?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Bohemian countries ...lots of English speakers...lots of Germans! As far as food, there is a definate German influence in the cuisine...also they eat lots of potatoes...pork and chicken are the most popular meats! The beer is the best! After all Pilsner beer originated in Pilsen (also a great city..for reasons other than the home site of brew). Lots of gals..lots of fun and load os history! Almost everywhere you turn, you will get a history lesson! However, after a bit, i recommend hitting up some other spots..see all you possibly can on what cash you have!

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Planning a Europe trip next summer and all that I talk to say "Go to Prague!"

Awesome Beer, Awesome architecture, fairly welcoming of Americans, are all things people have told me.

I imagine a cycle of Primo might be easy to attain, cheap, and not fake?

Wasn't the end of Vin Diesel's movie XXX filmed there? Might be worth a look to get an idea of what it looks like. Only bummer about that area is that it's pretty far in bumphuck eastern EU. Good if you want to see Germany but might be a bit of train ride for trips to Italy, France, Spain.

Blog Entries
    How are the trains/transportation? I hear they are cheap. Are they dangerous? Would i have trouble comprehending schedules, etc(are there english subtitles on things)?

And hell yeah duct tape, i hear other fun goodies are plentiful and cheap

Blog Entries
    and some of the other places i would like to see once in prague would be: Amsterdam, somewhere in germany, Venice, Paris, London(i hear it is less than $50 round-trip flight from czech), and wherever the nude beaches are. Where else is a cool place to go? All suggestions would be great!!!

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i was thinking of taking a few law classes in spain. always wanted to cross the atlantic! where are you looking to go vette?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    i was thinking of taking a few law classes in spain. always wanted to cross the atlantic! where are you looking to go vette?
    I am going to be studying in Prague. But will classes wont be one of my main concerns. Ill take some Finance/Tax course, then maybe basket weaving 101 . Classes will only be on tues, wed, thurs, so it leaves plenty of time to go to and fro....

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Any of the Mediterranean countries (greece) should have some sweet beaches. Most likely topless women. Wear a banana hammock to fit in, those knee length jams will get you ridiculed. Florence is supposed to be awesome, venice is over-rated, Amsterdam, if not into the whole whores and hash thing, is over-rated too, and the food sucks azz. Ibiza Spain is a big party but mucho faggos. I hear a lot of people speak english in London (go figure)

From Prague some nice 5 day trips might includde a jaunt to Berlin, maybe Brussels, Frankfurt, you might stretch a bit and go to Bern? (switz)

Trains you should be OK, just got to watch out for young thugs on the Euro Rail, they will steal your pack if not watching it.

Most people will help you out, you could always hook up with a little hottie and have her be your guide. There are chicks(hookers) in Prague that will pick you up at the airport and stay with you, or you stay with them and they take you to all the best stops etc. and also put out. Kinda like renting a GF for your stay.

If you got some money or game, hit up a local chick and hang with her, she'll probably shw you sides of the city that aren't on a tour guide (a much richer experience IMO)

Blog Entries
    Thank you SOO much Duct Tape! that is exactly the info i need to hear. Im all about partying balls, staying up till dawn, a rec drug here and there, womanizing, and making friends. So, that info helps me decide on where to go and what to look for!

Thread Information