hoss827 is offline Banned

US considering a draft?

Friend saw on the news recently they were considering a draft. Hasn't been one since Vietnam, and they said there wouldn't be another one. She told me they were considering drafting people from 18-30, including women...I was like wtf? You guys kknow anything about this?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't on the agenda for sometime in the near future.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Unfortunalty I wont be drafted.., when turning 18 I filled out my draft thing.. but had to list myself as Handi-capped due to having one eye.

This pisses me off 2, I wanted to join the military since I was like 8. I was looking to go in the army for explosives oradanace.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    You got one eye bro? Dang that's gotta be tough. But ya know, God gives back what he takes away (your legs)

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    They have talked about reinstituting the draft several times since it was suspended in the 70's. We still have a form of the draft in the Selective Service. This gives the government a list of people that could be drafted in case of an emergency. A classic style draft will probably never be initiated unless a major conflict occurs.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Wow, I didn't hear that. Not that I really care because if I get drafted I get drafted and I can go proudly serve my country. No pussy in my pants but I'm not sure if I can even get drafted because of that whole last surviving son rule. Not sure if thats still in affect but doesn't it say that if your the only one to pass down your family name you can't get drafted?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    We should probably take Yao Meng if we get the first pick.

bigol'legs2 is offline Junior Member
    **** bro! Tell everyone how you did it...HeHe They'll get a good laugh out of the job you wanted to take up.

Last edited by bigol'legs2; 12-13-2003 at 12:14 AM.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering since i had two knee surgureys due to college football if this would void me from the draft... I would love to go kick some ass, but i was told that after one of my surgereys that this would void me but my grandfather...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard some of the Democrats in Congress talking about it, said it would be a good idea to get rich kids fighting in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Then there has always been the conservative view that everyone should serve in the military to teach 'em patriotism. I dunno, but it seems to me that working for the post office is just as likely to instill patriotism as working in the military.
    Personally, I don't like the idea of the gov't being able to conscript your ass to go fight in a war you may think is wrong. That's what happened in Vietnam, and after a few decades, the guys runing the war admitted it was a stupid mistake. So, all those 55,000 guys who died over there died for nothing, all because the gov't leaders were stupid.
    Seems to me that if you've got a war going for a good reason, there will be plenty of people itching to go give the bad guys a good what-for, and that should be enough.
    --Tock

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Dont' care I can't go did my time.

Thread Information