BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

My problem with the censoring of cuss words

Sometimes I want to say ****, but when I do, and it gets edited, people don't know if i was trying to say ****, ****, ****, or some other word, since they are all edited the same. There is certainly a great deal of difference between **** and ****, to say nothing of **** and ****, or even **** and ****. I mean, when you hear "****" and "****" spoken in person, they certainly have different impacts...then add **** into the mix and it's clear that this interchangability between swear words can cause major problems, or at least misunderstandings.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Sometimes I want to say ****, but when I do, and it gets edited, people don't know if i was trying to say ****, ****, ****, or some other word, since they are all edited the same. There is certainly a great deal of difference between **** and ****, to say nothing of **** and ****, or even **** and ****. I mean, when you hear "****" and "****" spoken in person, they certainly have different impacts...then add **** into the mix and it's clear that this interchangability between swear words can cause major problems, or at least misunderstandings.
    well just F ucking same something D amn cool like I always do..

sh!t yourself and skull F uck Mass's mom...

see how easy it is..?

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    It is annoying when reading, i curse all the time and i dont think the ****** make a f u c k i n difference to tell u the truth, but thats my own oppinion...U guess it makes people have to be more creative

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    It is annoying when reading, i curse all the time and i dont think the ****** make a f u c k i n difference to tell u the truth, but thats my own oppinion...U guess it makes people have to be more creative
    very true..I agree with both of you

Sorry...excluding bigol'..my bad..

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I just wanted to give the Mods side for you all......

F.U.C.K ALL OF YOU SPECIALLY Bigol'Ass

Well thats this mods side anyway

thats it im starting another Sh!ting thread...

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs

thats it im starting another Sh!ting thread...
    Not another,you have 2 or 3 on IBB already...wtf

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I just wanted to give the Mods side for you all......

F.U.C.K ALL OF YOU SPECIALLY Bigol'Ass

Well thats this mods side anyway
    Indeedeth, ifeth thou myght, mayst I inerject with a curseth that perchance thoust site haseth yet to ban: Shalt the black death doth visisteth thou city and scourge thoust countryside with a fate most fowleth. Haha, a hearty rouse indeed. *

*http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811

RON
    Indeedeth, ifeth thou myght, mayst I inerject with a curseth that perchance thoust site haseth yet to ban: Shalt the black death doth visisteth thou city and scourge thoust countryside with a fate most fowleth. Haha, a hearty rouse indeed. *

*http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811
    May you be cursed to be stranded in a Msg Board full of nothing but Bigol'asse's toilet threads.

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    May you be cursed to be stranded in a Msg Board full of nothing but Bigol'asse's toilet threads.
    Strandeth shalt I be perhaps, though for thou, I haveth solely this retorte: mayeth thy dowry of thee wench your kin doth wed consisteth of scarcely tenpence and a sickened bovine of value most dubious. Indeed thy muse of humour doth side with mee.

'Tis on this noteth that I retireth to thy chambers so that I mayeth awaiteth in slumber thee morn arrival.

RON
    I thought this would get old quick but I've found it very Witty and humorous so far BG.

hey today when I wiped..

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    BigGreen....how many times must I warn you about falling asleep reading Shakespeare!?!? Every d-a-m-n time you do you wake up talking like this. Just goes to show how much of a peter puffer you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    BigGreen....how many times must I warn you about falling asleep reading Shakespeare!?!? Every d-a-m-n time you do you wake up talking like this. Just goes to show how much of a peter puffer you really are.
    T'wat is thist "peter puffer" of 'twich thoust speak? Thoust words haveth confused and bewildered me.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    T'wat is thist "peter puffer" of 'twich thoust speak? Thoust words haveth confused and bewildered me.

hell yea man your still typin like this.. i just came on the site before bed to check out if your still talkin like this!!! good ****.. heheh

~Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    hell yea man your still typin like this.. i just came on the site before bed to check out if your still talkin like this!!! good ****.. heheh

~Ricky
    Maintaineth I shalt till thee sabbath.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree that cuss words are very...descriptive... and can add color to any story. At first I didn't like the idea of having my hand slapped so for using "bad words"... (I've been out of high school a LONG time).

But in CYC's defense, the editing of cuss words has had two positive impacts on me personally...
    1) It forces me to be more creative (friggin, dayum, she-it or sh*t, etc...)
    2) It has made me painfully aware of my own liberal use of the forbidden vocabulary, which is good to know since I work in a professional environment.

So over all, even though it can be annoying, I think we are all better off because of it.. big brother know's best!!

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I agree that cuss words are very...descriptive... and can add color to any story. At first I didn't like the idea of having my hand slapped so for using "bad words"... (I've been out of high school a LONG time).

But in CYC's defense, the editing of cuss words has had two positive impacts on me personally...
    1) It forces me to be more creative (friggin, dayum, she-it or sh*t, etc...)
    2) It has made me painfully aware of my own liberal use of the forbidden vocabulary, which is good to know since I work in a professional environment.

So over all, even though it can be annoying, I think we are all better off because of it.. big brother know's best!!
    Yee misunderstandeth perhaps...myne problem stemmeth from the numereth of tymes I beginneth a declarative sentence with thee word "d-a-m-n", but is censored in sucheth a manner that thoust faithful readers of myne posts may n'er suspect sayeth I "d-a-m-n", but mayeth falsely believeth I hath stated "f-u-c-k".

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    No no no..the worst one is **.

Why the hell is that censored? I.P.? I've been here for a while and I still don't understand.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLpOwEr
    No no no..the worst one is **.

Why the hell is that censored? I.P.? I've been here for a while and I still don't understand.
    Because of course if you have ever injected his oils you would understand that doing so is cause for a string of explicatives that would make a fish monger blush in shame actually, it was there back when we were trying to cut down on source names on the board and I P was getting a lot of heat and his resellers were getting popped everywhere - that one I suppose I will take off tho

BG - that would truly be tragic to think that you were so misunderstood and had used not used the declarative form and so had demeaned all with your perfidious pejorative instead

Thread Information