hoss827 is offline Banned

Just took an IQ test...

I got 117. I dunno if that's good or bad. First one i've taken...Anyone know the scale???

rambo is offline The Lord God
    It's average.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i don't know how accurate those things are, i scored a 137 and i know i'm an idiot

cb25 is offline Banned
    Not sure how accurate this is...but it was the first i found on some random website...

Average: 85 - 115
    Above average: 116 - 125
    Gifted Borderline Genius: 126 - 135
    Highly gifted and appearing to be a Genius to most others: 136 - 145
    Genius: 146 - 165
    High Genius: 166 - 180
    Highest Genius: 181 - 200
    Beyond being measurable Genius: Over 200

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Not sure how accurate this is...but it was the first i found on some random website...

Thy numereth 100 wilst in perpetuity be thy average lest thy learned sages impllore to changeth thee definiton of IQ. Tis based on a scale, upon which, thy aggregate mean shalt be setteth at 100 and thoust standard deviations moving accordingly awayeth in direction either.*

*http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811

CutieFace Guest
    My score was hopelessly blonde

*wink*

Cutie

scottninpo is offline Senior Member

most people would agree that i'm an idiot

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    122 wuz minz.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    most people would agree that i'm an idiot
    lol...from what i understand, IQ tests aren't all that reliable to begin with...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I took one once......got a 131 I think. I'm pretty sure that makes me slightly smarter than........a rock.....or the Rock..........whichever.......I think it works for both. hahahahaha

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    I've gotten mine tested ant it was 173

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbull
    Good lorde, thou, knowest, doth thou not, that the Merlin-esque manipulator of particles and knower of truths physical and tyme, Albert Einstein, 'tis believed to have hadeth an IQ d'of 175-180? Preytell, art thou certain d'of thee scoreth?*

* http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Good lorde, thou, knowest, doth thou not, that the Merlin-esque manipulator of particles and knower of truths physical and tyme, Albert Einstein, 'tis believed to have hadeth an IQ d'of 175-180? Preytell, art thou certain d'of thee scoreth?
    BWAAHHAHAHAHAHAA!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    lol...from what i understand, IQ tests aren't all that reliable to begin with...
    ========

Yah, true.
    A shrink gave me an IQ test a while ago . . . he explained that the test (I took the Weschler (sp?) test) covered only 12 of the 300+ aspects of human intelligence they know about . . . evidently, there's other aspects of intelligence that shrinks haven't discovered yet.

Anyway, the IQ test I took covered stuff like short-term memory, spatial perception, social development, general knowledge (the sort of questions they'd have on "Who wants to be a Millionairre"), some math problems I had to do in my mind, and some other stuff. Some of the things they don't test for is physical agility, musical ability, creativity, intuition, mechanical ability, empathy, and stuff like that.

Pretty much, it's possible to score high on the IQ test that groups like MENSA gives, and come across to most people as a "loser" (I've been to a few MENSA parties, there's some pretty strange characters in that group), but usually, if you score high on an IQ test, you're probably able to deal with your environment with a high degree of sucess. It doesn't mean much more than that, though.

That's what my shrink told me, anyway.
    --Tock

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    IQ is like penis size, how much money you make, how much you can bench, or how many women a man has slept with. you can ask any of these questions but you probably wont get a true answer

Kato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    IQ is like penis size, how much money you make, how much you can bench, or how many women a man has slept with. you can ask any of these questions but you probably wont get a true answer

No Doubt.....

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    IQ tests are only completely accurate at a young age. After a person experiences and learns things simple reasoning etc can produce a high score. taking an IQ test as a child -before you have learned to reason- is a more accurate depiction of your 'natural' intelligence. obviously this can be argued both ways, i just thought I'd throw that in the discussion.

peace

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    the problem is that a lot of internet tests don't test to a full 200.. the last one i took i got all right, and the score was 135. Plus.. IQ tests are biased because usually people are stronger in one area compared to another..

And lastly, it doesn't mean anything. My uncle is a supergenius.. unmeasurably high iq. He sits at home drinking beer and winning radio contests for a living while the woman that he's been living with for 20 years WHO STILL IS NOT HIS WIFE pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Good lorde, thou, knowest, doth thou not, that the Merlin-esque manipulator of particles and knower of truths physical and tyme, Albert Einstein, 'tis believed to have hadeth an IQ d'of 175-180? Preytell, art thou certain d'of thee scoreth?*

* http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=74811
    I took one when I was in second grade because my school wanted to put me in a "gifted" program and I scored 142. I took another one when I graduated highschool and I got the 173. I'm not sure how accurate they are. I wouldn't advise telling any kid that they are a genius, it makes they're work ethic poor in school, or at least it did to me.

Everyone who was in the gifted program with me ended up not having the greatest GPA because we all already thought we knew everything and didn't worry about school.

motocross308 is offline New Member
    ive scored differently on 3 tests with a low of 138 and a high of 147 .. i think it gives you an idea of true intelligence but isnt fool-proof.Sometime , iq tests are the only way to see whats going on with youngsters in school. I was very frustarated in highschool because , in math related subjects , the answers would pop into my head but i didnt know how i came up with that conclusion! Well , as you all know , that dont float and i failed alot of mat classes till i was tested and moved past them . I am told that i am a rare case in that i do not favor either side of my brain .

I don't need no IQ test to tell me I'm dumb as a brick...

Red

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    it is true that most IQ tests measure a limited amount of skills while overlooking others - for example, socio-relational skills like leadership, empathy, endurance, salesmanship, ambition (the desire to better oneself) - these are often just as important a cognitive ability but are measured differently - thus raw intelligence is a rather poor indicator of true genious IMHO

Besides, one can get a little better on the test via understanding the format o them and the type of questions asked - my score improved about 10 points after taking 3 different tests - and knowing my own limitations, I would suspect that I am not actually a genious in their standard - tho I would want to focus more on those areas which are mutable and under my control, ie the relational skills

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    "My uncle is a supergenius.. unmeasurably high iq. He sits at home drinking beer and winning radio contests for a living while the woman that he's been living with for 20 years WHO STILL IS NOT HIS WIFE pays the bills."

Certainly sounds like a genius to me... I've scored a 138, never higher, never lower.

Quite seriously though . . . I'd say that the folks who read and post on boards like this one are apt to have higher IQ's than people who don't, primarily because it takes a bit of extra IQ horsepower to mess with the written language, and probalby more than the usual person on the street.
    Probably get extra points for good spelling and grammer as well . . . but who's keeping score?
    --Tock

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I took one one time....

23... whats that mean

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    You mean there are people who would lie about these sort of things......??? There are some question types that are on every type IQ test in the universe (sequences, series, factoring, squares, cubes, common divisors, phonetic mapping, common spatial forms, etc ) and once you've seen that question form once you can stamp out the answer significantly faster than someone who has never seen that form before. You got time on your hands take a standardized IQ test, note your score. Read a book, or go to a web site on how to take IQ tests and redo the test. You will be amazed at the difference. I did it long ago and went from a ~120 to 140+ in 4-5 hours. Did I get any smarter? Me no thinky so.

MachZ is offline Member
    Whats I.Q. mean? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I took one one time....

23... whats that mean
    =====

That means you got 2 out of 3 right. Ordinarily that would be a 66, but this is an IQ test, so you double that number and get your IQ, which in this case will be 132. Not bad for a coupla legs . . .
    --Tock

Danielle is offline Female Member

i agree...........cause i always get a totally differnet score everytime......i mean like in the range of 50 points........ ..cant be too accurate then......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    =====

That means you got 2 out of 3 right. Ordinarily that would be a 66, but this is an IQ test, so you double that number and get your IQ, which in this case will be 132. Not bad for a coupla legs . . .
    --Tock
    **** im confusseddd

gdwygd is offline New Member
    Scored a 139. Probably low for the school I attend

gdwygd is offline New Member
    PS-And I'm an idiot... always bumping into **** and saying stuff that I get hated on for the day after

http://www.thespark.com/iq2
    Y'all try that one out and let us know what it says.

Mclaren_v12 is offline Junior Member
    Thy numereth 100 wilst in perpetuity be thy average lest thy learned sages impllore to changeth thee definiton of IQ. Tis based on a scale, upon which, thy aggregate mean shalt be setteth at 100 and thoust standard deviations moving accordingly awayeth in direction either.*

Nice use of VERSE, but go for words like Betwixed and scornfull....they always sound so pretty.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    i don't know how accurate those things are, i scored a 137 and i know i'm an idiot
    Yes, scottninpo, I can tell you're a genius from the picture in your avatar.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Yes, scottninpo, I can tell you're a genius from the picture in your avatar.
    Hmmmmm.......maybe scottninpo IS Hank......some food for thought.

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    I read something like "the human IQ has gone up like 25 points in the last century....thats unreal... I mean if you think about it that would make a lot of our children as smart as men and woman a century ago. This helps to prove that in the nature vs nurture debate that nurture is more important because that is to short of a time for our genetics to change so drastically.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I took one once......got a 131 I think. I'm pretty sure that makes me slightly smarter than........a rock.....or the Rock..........whichever.......I think it works for both. hahahahaha
    I'm at 131 too.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Where the hell have you been?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbull
    I call bull****!

sin hit the nail on head!

Thread Information