kc
    kc is offline Female Member

Financial Advisor

Anbody here a Finance Advisor? I've got the business degree, going to take my tests to get licensed and curious about the career side of the story. Any advice or help would be killer!!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Anbody here a Finance Advisor? I've got the business degree, going to take my tests to get licensed and curious about the career side of the story. Any advice or help would be killer!!!
    My best friend from high school became a financial advisor...like all things sales oriented, it can be very hit or miss. He started at a place (Waddel and Reed maybe??) that essentially expected him to be like a used car salesman...in fact, on the first interview, he was asked if he had a problem "selling" to family members or friends, and he came to find out that it was expected that you get your parents, siblings, grandparents, etc to come on as your clients before they'd give you any real substantive clients.

He then moved over to a boutique firm and has loved every minute sense. The impression i get from him is that the American Express, Waddel and Reed, Putnam, etc, etc positions are quite bottom of the barrel and akin to being an aluminum siding salesman in many respects. However, at the boutique firms, where the real money flows and you actually have some autonomy, it's supposed to be a blast.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Yea, I interviewed at the Waddel and Reed stuff, AXA etc. No thanks. This is different, with an excellent company and yep, i'd pretty much be on my own with a really great team of mentors. Guess I'll check it out, get licensed and see where it takes me.

Thread Information