popa is offline Senior Member

gym packed cause of new years resulotions

don't you think its funny that every january the gym is packed from all the new years resulotions and in a month or so it will completely die down....lol I just hope all the hot chicks stay

skid is offline Banned
    New Years is a pain in the @$$ ... the crowds are totally p!$$!ng me off

I get a kick out of seeing the same folks come back as I saw after LAST New Years, having not seen them for 11 months
    must kill 'em to see me 20lbs heavier

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by skid
    New Years is a pain in the @$$ ... the crowds are totally p!$$!ng me off

I get a kick out of seeing the same folks come back as I saw after LAST New Years, having not seen them for 11 months
    must kill 'em to see me 20lbs heavier
    No way bro they are 30lbs heavier, O wait their's is all fat.. hehe

Pain

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: gym packed cause of new years resulotions

Originally posted by popa
    ....lol I just hope all the hot chicks stay
    I got my eye on a few newbies

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Like u said popa...give it a month and see them disappear.

harl is offline Associate Member
    yah mondays are the worst. i think it is funny when everyone and there and there grandmother does chest, and there is a line of people out the door waiting for the flat bench. Its weird im just about the only one that does legs on monday so i can bounce from machine to machine with no wait i love it. Except for the 110 lb kids hogging the squat rack doing there 65lb curls Its like hello there is a whole rack set up already for strait bar curls! I have more peavs but wont go into into it right now.

This is indeed the time of year I hate most at the gym...

Too many newbies, idiots and morons all over the place... seems like they all come out of the woodwork in january.

Red

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    I'm with u harl. There are a couple guys at my gym who curl on the squat rack. I guess the dumbasses don't see an entire rack of straight bars from 10-120 lbs and the rack of EZ curl bars that is only 10 yards from the squat rack.

skid is offline Banned
    ditto on that will ... 'cept our barbell racks are less than 10 feet from the squat rack and they still don't use 'em ...

of course we ALL know using a longer bar with interchangeable weights will build faster results

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well look at it this way. Any improvements made to your gym come from these people who sign up for a two year membership and only come for a month so at least some good can come from it.

january is here .....let the packed gyms begin

Here We Go Again

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I hate new years resolutioners... U know whats funny i seen alot of old out of shape people unfreezing their membership at my gym today.... It true...

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Im waiting for someone to F'up in my gym!!

and Im pouncing like a tiger!!!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I usually make a post every year round this time but guess theres nothing you can do bout it so im just gonna carry on best i can try to ignore them. Altho parking is a bitch

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Its like the first three weeks of college. All the parking lots are full of people who are determined to stay the entire semester this time. After three weeks, the parking lot thins out by a third. Come the middle of the semester, it thinned out by half.
    The gym will thin out by the beginning of march.
    People who wait til the first for their resolutions arent prepared. You need to start your resolution in December and slowly ease into it.

Two months of going to the gym will become too much work for those gym wanna bes. They will then buy the ab rollers and things that you can work out on while you watch tv. Thus, the gym will be quiet again at night.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Its like the first three weeks of college. All the parking lots are full of people who are determined to stay the entire semester this time. After three weeks, the parking lot thins out by a third. Come the middle of the semester, it thinned out by half.
    The gym will thin out by the beginning of march.
    People who wait til the first for their resolutions arent prepared. You need to start your resolution in December and slowly ease into it.

Two months of going to the gym will become too much work for those gym wanna bes. They will then buy the ab rollers and things that you can work out on while you watch tv. Thus, the gym will be quiet again at night.
    So true. One year my college was so crowded they needed to build 3 more parking lots because there was nowhere to park and people were parking on the grass, side of the road etc. After the mid semester drop date which falls shortly after mid-terms and is the last day you can with withdraw from courses without failing, the parking lots weren't even half full.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    grrrrrrr..............i dread this time of the year @ the gym........and between work and school i can only make it there after 6pm......when its the worst....... .....there isnt a weight or cardio machine available......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Swellin Guest
    It's kind of funny at my gym. It is a hole in the wall, with ancient equipment ...that hardly ever works. No beauty queens here. One treadmill in the corner. I just left a note for the owner to turn on the heat.
    We will get a couple of whales during the new year, but not much new action. The only reason anybody goes to this gym, is to train...it ain't purty!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    sometimes i wish my gym was more low key.......my gym is like a fashion show........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Huh . . . I guess I'm lucky. My gym ain't like that at all . . . It's open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Hasn't closed at all in years and years. Never crowded, never a line to use anything. Might get one or two new year's resolutions, but no more . . .
    Pretty cool . . .

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I can understad the fustration but from a personal trainers point of view this is the best time of the year, if things go right I will be able to have a butt load of newbies for the rest of the year. Not only that but if a obese person can get a doctors note saying the person has weight issues than they can have their personal training/meal plan be tax deductable for medical expenses: woo woo!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If I lived in the USA I would hit up a 24hour fitness or Bally's .....they are well equipped, open sweet hours, and cheap.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    As cool as all the strippers come in and try to stick to their resolutions.

Thread Information