Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

It's official.. been dumped.

I feel horrible right now. Not because i've been dumped.. but because i know that i hurt my girlfriend. When we first met, i lied to her about my grades so that she would think that i'm smarter than i am. I told her that i was deans list.. when in actuality, i'm a B- student. We started dating, and i was afraid to tell her the truth because i figured that she would dump me for lying to he in the first place.. but eventually i couldn't keep it a secret anymore.. i didn't want to lie to her anymore.. so last night i told her.. and she's called things off.

I've basically defined myself for the past year and a half through the feelings that i've had for and from her. Without her i don't feel complete.. i dont' even feel like a person. I feel empty and without purpose. i didn't eat anything today, and i've only been out of bed for spells to use the bathroom and plead with her online and on the phone to take me back. I've emailed.. left messages.. tried to explain.. and she somewhat understands, and forgives me.. but can't trust me.

I hate myself. I've basically ruined the only good thing i've ever had in my entire life, all because i was insecure and dishonest. I don't know what to do.. and the only thing keeping me going right now is the slim chance that someday i might win her back.

BDTR is offline Retired
    if she dumped you for lying about something as stupid as grades... you'll find someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    if she dumped you for lying about something as stupid as grades... you'll find someone better.
    First, there isn't anyone better. It wasn't about the grades.. it was about the fact that i lied to her, consistently, for over a year. She feels like if i could lie like that for such a long time, there must be many other things i have lied about as well. It's not about the grades, it's about a lack of honesty on my part and a lack of trust on hers.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Exactly what I was thinking. What a shallow little bitch she must be. You should have told her right after banging the hell out of her so you could get one last shot in.

and i know i sound like a little girl here, but she was and is my entire world. She is the only person in my life, including family, that i've ever been sure, completely sure, that she loved me. Also, the only person that i've ever loved.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    trust me, there's always someone better

If that's how she shows her love I'd hate to see how she treats people she despises. Move on. There're plenty more out there.

BDTR is offline Retired
    If i lied to my girlfriend for 100 years, as long as it wasn't something serious and detrimental to our relationship and she found out... she would be angry, but certainly not break up wtih me.

If i lied to my girlfriend for 100 years, as long as it wasn't something serious and detrimental to our relationship and she found out... she would be angry, but certainly not break up wtih me.
    It may have been a knee jerk reaction, and i certainly hope it was.. but your girlfriend probably doesn't place as large a value on trust as mine does. If she can't trust me, she can't love me.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    and i know i sound like a little girl here.

Yes, you do. Snap out of it bro. LORD slaps chris like a little bitch and yells...You're a man **** it, a man!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Cheer up bro.....2004 is a gonna be a great year for change

BDTR is offline Retired
    No its not that, its that my girlfriend loves me enough to overlook certain things. You'll find someone else.

It may have been a knee jerk reaction, and i certainly hope it was.. but your girlfriend probably doesn't place as large a value on trust as mine does. If she can't trust me, she can't love me.

No its not that, its that my girlfriend loves me enough to overlook certain things. You'll find someone else.
    To "dump" you because youlied about your GPA is petty. If you were cheating on her or using heroin yeah that would be a legit reason. And even then true love will forgive if there is remorse. GPA! I just can't fathom her rationale for breaking off a 1 1/2 year relationship in which she was supposedly in love with you. It may be you have stronger feelings than her. I just can't sympathise with her actions and percieve her as self-centered and cold. I'll bet she can be a real b-itch at times.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro please! Listen to the rest of the fella's. If she tripped hard like that over a fib like your grades even if it stretched over a year. That girl is whacked. C'mon brother go get another one.

"Nothing makes you forget more about the last hill you just got over than the one you'll be sitting on next".

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Well bro, both sides are petty IMO, no offense intended at all, but I would have been myself and not lied about my grades to pull a girl, and likewise for her to break up with you and call grades a major trust issue is just ridiculous.

Gilster is offline Member
    Her leaving you for that is rediculous...I have been married for almost 20 years and and lied worse than that many times. This just sounds like you need to move along and find someone who will not smack you like a dog if you make a mistake. That was not love she was showing you, specially since you came clean and were being honest. What she is showing you is control. Control over your manhood. If you beg for her back she will OWN you for as long as you are with her. NEVER beg a woman back bro..just move on and find a nice submissive girl.

Gaylord Focker is offline Junior Member
    Bummer deal dude nothing is more painful then a broken heart... worst feeling I have ever had in my whole life...no amount of physical pain can even come close to comparing to the anguish caused by a lost love... only time can mend the hurt...but don't be down about what you did...you lied for fear of losing her love and when you came clean thats what happened...looks to me like it was a no win situation...but you'll tough it out and move on...right now you feel like **** and that is understandable...give it time bro...give it time.

Focker

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    She did not leave you because you lied, that is just an excuse. IMO the reason women break up with men 'that are liars' is not because they lied per say, but it's what they lied about. If you lied about money or status, which you did as a B- student ain't exactly law school material, you are ****ed. Unless she is one of the rare ones who does't care about money or status. I share the example of one of my closest friends, we'll call him Edward:

Edward is a fun loving, charming guy who likes to party a bit but still has a good head on his shoulders. He has a normal house in a normal neighboorhood and drives a new Ford truck. He tells women that he is a student, which was true for a time, but he tells them his is going to med school, which will never and has never been true. Now it is inevitable that these women find out that they are not dating a doctor to be and often a temporary breakup ensues when she finds dear Ed is not, nor will ever be, a doctor. These women ALWAYS come crawling back to him when they find out (he won't tell them, and its not totally obvious) that his family has tens of millions of dollars............how many working class boys do you think could get away with lying about being a doctor or a med student?

It's about the $$$ I tell you.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilster
    Her leaving you for that is rediculous...I have been married for almost 20 years and and lied worse than that many times. This just sounds like you need to move along and find someone who will not smack you like a dog if you make a mistake. That was not love she was showing you, specially since you came clean and were being honest. What she is showing you is control. Control over your manhood. If you beg for her back she will OWN you for as long as you are with her. NEVER beg a woman back bro..just move on and find a nice submissive girl.
    Ewwww yah Gilster has a good point there. Its a control issue. You beg her back bro like you are now, groveling and begging, she will OWN you like a puppet for the rest of the relationship. Been there, did it, done it.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Relationships are constant work and acceptance of the other persons short comings. Nothing wrong with a B student. So you lied about it, not like you didn't tell her somthing vital. I couldn't imagine living with someone or being in a relationship that would not work through something that minor. There are many major problems that come up in life. What if you married her and in 5 years you came home from work and told her you got fired,? Would she be out the door? Hopefully she will come around. Good luck and if she doesn't come around try to enjoy the single life for atleast a little while.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    If she broke up because of your grades she was looking for a reason to do it.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    bdtr beat me to the punch...

Bro if your girl of the last 1 1/2 years dumped you for that **** then she ain't worth it!!!

It doesnt't matter how much you care for her or love her, that is Bull****...

It's not as if you are some dumb ass...

**** a B average is pretty **** good...

Plus if she was only with you because she though you were on the Dean's List then she is pretty **** shallow bro...

F That!!!

Girls suck!!!

I once had a shallow ass chick like that too and she was far more trouble then she was worth...

**** I almost as pissed off as you should be!!!!

Now I'm just salty as ****!!!!

You should somehow get back with her and then bang her in the ass then dump her for not being smart enough to know what you were doing!!!!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    trust me, there's always someone better
    ====

Truer words were never spoken.

Do your grieving, and the sun will shine again, fortune will bring and a more suitable companion together.
    Next time, though, it may be best to be honest about the little stuff as well as the big stuff. After all, if your relationship depends on stretching truths and hiding bits of information, chances are you'd be best off with another girl who won't leave you, even when she knows the truth about ya.

That's pretty much the sorta girl you want anyway, one that will take you, warts and all, just the way you are. You get one that wants to change you, you're in trouble.

Regardless, you have my consolations on your loss . . . but I'm certain that things will be better next time . . .
    -Tock

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I will PM you on this chris... im viewing this a little different than eveyone else.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You have a lot to experience.
    It is better for you to NOW be forced to find OTHER things in your life to experience rather than putting EVERYTHING into one person. The longer that type of reality persisted would have made it harder for you to get over it.
    If she was the only person you ever really knew then that is very UNHEALTHY. Stop living in a shell.

Basically, she was gonna dump you anyway and you just presented her with a reason to do it with no guilt on her part.
    If she broke up with you for one lie then she did not truelly love you. She might have been comfortable with you but there was NO LOVE

Id tell you to get over it and find a new one but you will stalk her and make her music cds with your favorite songs dedicated to her and you will send her flowers and letters. She might see you once or twice out of pitty or boredom or routine but thats about it.
    I have no more advice cause you wont follow it.

MOVE ON.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    Well bro, both sides are petty IMO, no offense intended at all, but I would have been myself and not lied about my grades to pull a girl, and likewise for her to break up with you and call grades a major trust issue is just ridiculous.
    I agree............. What's wrong with a B average............... I't not like you were ready to flunk out or something........ I think she just wanted a out and this was it.

Sorry to hear about this bro but there are better women out there for you.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Bro cheer up ! I know it must be diffuclr right now.
    Some Girls take lieing serious for some weird reason know matter how little it may be or how big. It is about being Honest. You have two choices (1) go try make things up with her if u really like her. (20 move on to another Girl.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    (2) move on to another "start dating"

Danielle is offline Female Member
    if you thought you had to lie to her about your grades in the first place....then something wasnt right......i mean she should except you for who you are ......whether its a staight A student or a high school dropout...whatever........

i mean personally, the grade thing wouldn't bother me.....there's soo many worst things out there to lie about.....i mean if someone lied about having a kid, or being married, or living a totally differnet lifestyle......serious stuff........the grade thing isnt at all that bad.......shes probably just upset that you lied to her for so long but still.......i dont know, maybe i've just been though alot and seen alot that if all my boyfriend did was lie to me about his grades, i'd be happy as hell
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Awww... Man sorry to hear that... Depending on how ur relationship was with her will determine how things will end up... I know exactly what you mean, when you are lied to, or by witholding truth from especially ur g/f is just a ****ty scenario... It may be a white lie about your gpa, but of course, the fact that she was lied to the whole relationship is what is going to stick with her... Thats pretty ****ty... I'd say if your whole relationship was based on grades, then that was phony to begin with... If she loves you for who you are, and not ur grades you guys will get back together... If you made her special, and if she believes in forgivness... Then i'd say it would work, but I wouldn't beat urself up....

The last advice i'd give to you is run back to her, let things take their course, keep urself occupied... Find someone else... But don't beg her to stay with you, I'd say that would be the wrong thing to do... The thing that is going to win her back is her seeing you happy with someone else, and her being with some bozo, comparing her good times with you to some other guy...

She'll know what she's lost when she doesn't hear from you anymore...

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    sorry to hear that bro...i think it was also something else, not just the grade thing....but now you are back in the hunt, that's where it's at
    your at college too? ass fest 2004......

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    and i know i sound like a little girl here, but she was and is my entire world. She is the only person in my life, including family, that i've ever been sure, completely sure, that she loved me. Also, the only person that i've ever loved.

Sorry bro! It wasnt love if she just dumped you over some petty **** like grades
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with carlos, buff, bermich... she was looking for a reason to break it off with you and you handed one for her on a silver platter. Because if she truly broke up with you for that reason alone, then that would make her terribly immature

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I agree with carlos, buff, bermich... she was looking for a reason to break it off with you and you handed one for her on a silver platter. Because if she truly broke up with you for that reason alone, then that would make her terribly immature
    I'm agreeing with this point right here. At my school a b average is the deans list. 3.0 or higher would constitute it. But, if she did break up on that reason alone then there was something else going on and this was just an excuse. I hope all goes well for you. Also, if you do go beggin for her back and she takes you back, realize that she has you by the balls and you will have lost your freedom as a man to do what you please. I run the show in mine. I give a little but get a lot back and even though I'm sure this was the way it was for you, I think she is f ucking with you big time. Some girls get pleasure out of seeing a man beg. They tell their friends about it how bad their guy is pussy wooped. I see it all the time and it is a shame. I hope you listen to everybody on here. Even though you felt it right it obvioulsy wasn't if this was the reason she broke up with you. I know you won't feel this way, but bro, you are def better off looking for some one else who can and will treat you better. I bid you the best of luck and I hope you can get over it.
    -50%

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    That has to be the most stupidest thing ive ever heard... She sounds like a real bitch. THats like saying you met a girl and told her that you made 200k a year when your really only make 120k so she dumps u a year later...

ivanko45 is offline New Member
    Bro, first, you are making her arguments for her and believing them yourself.
    You know you treated her well and the reason she is giving you is crap, women know there are a certain amount of white lies told by men at first. I am proud that you stuck to your guns that long. It was harmless! if it wasn't you would have told her! Second, you are a lucky man right now, all it costs is pride not half the paycheck or not getting to see your kids. Third, you are in college you should be manwhoring anyway.

PCT
    Go to a bar
    buy a cute girl a few drinks
    tell her exactly what you told us here

don't underestimate the power of sympathy

Gilster is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanko45
    PCT
    Go to a bar
    buy a cute girl a few drinks
    tell her exactly what you told us here

don't underestimate the power of sympathy
    Oh this is soooooooo true about sympathy. Never in my life did I get more pie than when I broke my leg and had a cast on it. Seemed like every girl I even looked at gave me her number. Yes yes yes use the sympathy. Do what he ^ says. Get laid bro.

Sorry you had to go thru this but it is part of life. Just don't beg bro.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Gilster's post are dead on. Bro, Lying about grades is NOTHING! All you would have to do is tell her the truth. You never came clean because you cared for her very much and you thought you were going to loose her. Any normal girl would look you in the eyes and say "I will love you no matter what your grades are" B-? Bro, thats shows me your very smart. There has to be something else.

Thread Information