mass junkie is offline banned

Anybody have Xbox Live?

If you do......Do you have Rainbow 6? that has got to be the baddest game of all time

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Only tools, losers and computer geeks go XBox...us cool kids and jocks go the PS2 route

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Only tools, losers and computer geeks go XBox...us cool kids and jocks go the PS2 route

Oh, I would think a smart man like yourself would be using an XBOX. PS2? Give me a break. Thats about as outdated as the Atari 2600. I have an XBOX and a GameCube. I just got my son Rainbow 6 for Christmas. XBOX is the best system out there. Yes, PS2 still outsells it, only because It has a more games. I prefer quality vs. quanity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Oh, I would think a smart man like yourself would be using an XBOX. PS2? Give me a break. Thats about as outdated as the Atari 2600. I have an XBOX and a GameCube. I just got my son Rainbow 6 for Christmas. XBOX is the best system out there. Yes, PS2 still outsells it, only because It has a more games. I prefer quality vs. quanity!!!
    The XBox blows monkeys...i wish i could put it more succinctly than that, but it's impossible. Big, weird controller....no real history...uh-uh, i'm a video game purist.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

you games dont have your PC's riged for games??

hehe cause THATS the best!

The XBox blows monkeys...i wish i could put it more succinctly than that, but it's impossible. Big, weird controller....no real history...uh-uh, i'm a video game purist.

Bro, if your a video game purist, you would respect the XBOX. Obviously you've never played HALO. One of the greatest games ever on any console. Go to IGN or Gamespot. Look up reviews on games that are both on XBOX as well as the PS2. XBOX will always win. Example. take of of the best games "Grand Theft Auto.

Heres what GAMESPOT had to say.....

"you're an Xbox owner who either hasn't played these games or is looking to play them again, the Xbox versions of GTAIII and Vice City are the best ones available"

and...

"Xbox versions of GTAIII and Vice City are the best versions of the game so far. The PlayStation 2 versions looked fantastic, given the relatively underpowered PS2 hardware, and the ports that appeared on the PC did a nice job of cleaning up and improving upon the original PS2 games. But the Xbox versions of the games go one step further than that. You'll immediately notice reflections coming off the cars, and the lighting in general is better. The texture quality and character models have been improved. The draw distance seems a little further out. And the frame rate remains pretty stable throughout. The games take advantage of the Xbox's audio prowess by playing in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound and offering support for the custom soundtrack feature. The games' video will stretch to the 16:9 aspect ratio and will also play in 480p. The control in both games remains largely unchanged, using the same auto-lock-on feature found in the PlayStation 2 version rather than going with the standard third-person shooter setup found on the PC. The driving control has been revamped to use the Xbox's analog triggers, which works well. Overall, GTAIII and Vice City are the same games they were when they came out on other platforms--but the Xbox versions simply look and sound better while still playing just as well now as they did back when they were first released, and if you're itching to play either game again, do yourself a favor and play it on the Xbox this time through. But if you're new to the series, read on, and we'll dig a little deeper into some of the other aspects of the games"
    Last edited by buylongterm; 12-19-2003 at 11:08 PM.

Well I have all 3....and i like different gaming systems for seperate games...obviously.....i would rank ps2.....in 3rd place right now.......gamecube 2nd and xbox numero uno right now i think Xbox has the best games out....Starwars outkast.....Rainbow 6 ...and who could forget about Halo

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Well I have all 3....and i like different gaming systems for seperate games...obviously.....i would rank ps2.....in 3rd place right now.......gamecube 2nd and xbox numero uno right now i think Xbox has the best games out....Starwars outkast.....Rainbow 6 ...and who could forget about Halo

Bro, did you ever play Splinter Cell? By far the coolest graphic game there is. The light shading is unbelievable!!!! It looks and plays so good, I sometimes have to pause the game to take a deep breath!

Nope....PS2 1st place

in all seriousness though, I think the gameplay on each (being quite experienced in each system) is fairly equal and game selection and widespread ownership (for the online options) trumps all other categories.

Nope....PS2 1st place

in all seriousness though, I think the gameplay on each (being quite experienced in each system) is fairly equal and game selection and widespread ownership (for the online options) trumps all other categories.

Are you saying PS2 has better online options? Come on now...XBOX online games and network are far superior than PS2, It again has won that category. But PS2 in sales blows away the competition. It's not even funny. People LOVE PS2. What until PS3 comes out along with the New XBOX. Both might support TIVO options!!!!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    XBOX sucks. Xbox loses money everytime they sell one just to get the **** console in homes. PS2 had NO problems selling their consoles and still dont.
    Outdated? It is STILL ahead of its time. Xbox came out a year later and still cant compete with it.
    Just wait til 2005 when PS3 comes out. It WILL DOMINATE.
    The gamecube? That has got to be the gayest console out there. In looks and in games. Its almost as if DISNEY itself made NINTENDO. All of its games are G rated. G as in GAY. It doesnt even play DVDs. Nice marketing

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    XBOX sucks. Xbox loses money everytime they sell one just to get the **** console in homes. PS2 had NO problems selling their consoles and still dont.
    Outdated? It is STILL ahead of its time. Xbox came out a year later and still cant compete with it.
    The gamecube? That has got to be the gayest console out there. In looks and in games. Its almost as if DISNEY itself made NINTENDO. All of its games are G rated. G as in GAY. It doesnt even play DVDs. Nice marketing
    Widespread does not equal quality.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I got X box when it first came out and thats when I first knee surgery... 15 weeks in bed playin halo!!! Halo is still unbalievable... Dont really play x box any more because I mounted it in my truck mass to play in the car... But I still rank X box #1.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I love PS2....XBOX....and GameCube is okay...But personally, i say they all ****in SUCK ANUS compared to the only real video game system worth playing...I'm talkin bout the PC!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC sucks. Have to use those lame ass joysticks and have to configure the games. Id rather just pop a game in the PS2 and play.

PC is good only because they have MECHWARRIOR and other cool games. I just hate using the keyboard and mouse to play games with.

Why would wide spread not equal QUALITY? If the console sucked why would it spread? Word of mouth is quite powerful now adays.
    Sony will lead the gaming industry for another 7 years.
    If microsoft didnt have SO MUCH MONEY to blow on their promoting the system it would not have gone anywhere.
    HALO is a sweet game but PS has UNREAL tournament and tribes and SOCOM.

PS2 sales are higher for a few reasons.

1. Came out first.
    2. Number of games.
    3. Kids (under 13 crowd) love it.

None of these relate to the quality of the system.

By your logic, Budweiser is the best beer because it is the leader in Sales, Marketing, etc.

And I think 99% would agree that although Budweiser is "WIDESPREAD" it is not the "BEST"

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs

you games dont have your PC's riged for games??

hehe cause THATS the best!
    Indeed!!!! Got my PC streamlined into a wicked gaming machine...

And how can you play first person shooters like UT or RB6 without a mouse??? It's unthinkable!!!! I keep the joystick for stuff NHL-2003 hockey or when driving the cars in GTA3 (when in first person outside the car, it's mouse action!)

Red

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    4 words - Mario Kart: Double Dash....

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I deffinately think PC 1st, then PS2/XBox.. I love playing on my PC the graphics are out of this world and not to mention my p4 2.6ghz 800fsb is blazing! Once I upgrade my video card to an 8X 256mb video card it'll blow it all out of the water. I play Max Payne on PC an it just was the greatest ever, just not the same on XBOX or PS2. Not bad, but not the same! And Max Payne 2, which I plan on having installed by 9am tomorrow morning has the badest graphics ever!

SID

pc's are always gonna be on top because they can be upgraded so quickly. u buy a system like x-box and its unlikely ur going to be able to add updates to it. lets say a new system and a computer come out on the same day, a week later the computer can be updated with the new technology but the system will only be as good as the technology that was around when it first came out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    pc's are always gonna be on top because they can be upgraded so quickly. u buy a system like x-box and its unlikely ur going to be able to add updates to it. lets say a new system and a computer come out on the same day, a week later the computer can be updated with the new technology but the system will only be as good as the technology that was around when it first came out.....

PCs will NOT always be ontop. PCs are gonna be obsolete in the NEAR future.
    People do not like having to configure their computers. People hate their computers other than playing solitare, email, and chat. In TWO YEARS, gaming and personal technology will be so fast and so small and combined into one unit that PCs will collect dust.
    Everything will be combined into a tv set or a gaming console since they are focusing in ONLINE now. PS3 will have its own network for gaming chat email photo editing and it will be UPGRADEABLE without all the complications of reconfiguring bios and plug and play crap.

Hand helds wil be intigrated into one small laptop. It will include color video phone, credit card with encryption security, email, chat, camera, MS works data base, and other stuff. In ten years, 75 percent of mainstream population will have their own PERSONAL hand held with all their info making the PC a thing of the past. Scan your hand held over the grocery store scanner and type your passcode and you just paid for your stuff.

BILL GATES is aware of this. Thats why he is losing billions a year on his X box just get the XBOX name in houses and the popluation familar with it. Xbox loses 50 dollars everytime they sell and XBOX. He knows big computers with their big screens are a thing of the past in the house.

BTW. I just broke my PS2 yesterday trying to reallign the laser so it would read all cds and dvds. It was the first batch to hit america and they used a small gear instead of the tab now adays. One milimeter twist in either direction causes disk read error. So after taking it all apart and alligning it, I put it all together and somehow I bent something and broke the mother board
    Now I am searching EBAY for a new PS2.
    Im lost without my DVD player

Quote Originally Posted by Duct Tape
    PS2 sales are higher for a few reasons.

1. Came out first.
    2. Number of games.
    3. Kids (under 13 crowd) love it.

None of these relate to the quality of the system.

By your logic, Budweiser is the best beer because it is the leader in Sales, Marketing, etc.

And I think 99% would agree that although Budweiser is "WIDESPREAD" it is not the "BEST"
    BTW. Even now PS2 sells more consoles compared to Xbox regardless of past numbers sold. If compared to the same year sales PS2 is in the lead.

Budweiser is great. I drink a gallon of it a day, or is that water? Same difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11328

Here are the specs for the PSX that will kill all other gaming AND DVD consoles.
    120 GIG hard drive for starters. DVD recorder. Tivo type recording. 33 hour digital recording, etc.

This is just the FIRST version. The US version will hit mainstream in 2005 and a lot of new research can come about in a year.
    Upgradeable over the network. Just pay a fee for whatever upgrade you want and instantly download it and it is modified.
    Last edited by bermich; 12-22-2003 at 02:39 AM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I used to play rainbow 6 with a couple of buddies from my old paintball team, we played from a internet cafe and where one of the best clans in northern europe. Awsome game!

How is it playing xbox online?

Im lost without my DVD player
    Go to Walmart or Circuit City and buy a $49 apex dvd player...

Red

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    I used to play rainbow 6 with a couple of buddies from my old paintball team, we played from a internet cafe and where one of the best clans in northern europe. Awsome game!

Its awesome palme....get it so I can make you look like swiss cheese

I beg to differ. When PS2 first came out, YES, It most definitely had issues selling their systems. And please don't tell me that the Hardware in the PS2 right now can compare with XBOX. Not even close. Bro, I've owned all 3 systems. PS2 is an outdated system that has more games. Period! Yes, It outsells XBOX, but again, I like QUALITY vs. QUANITY. And I would NEVER BET against MS when it comes to launching anything. They will eventually dominate. XBOX II will be out the same time as your PS3. Just wait and see who eventually kicks the others ass....

And also, you just don't pop a game in PS2 and GO. Have you seen the load times? UGH!!!

XBOX RULES!!!!

Its awesome palme....get it so I can make you look like swiss cheese
    Is it really hard to find the enemy in RB6? I have GR Island Thunder and it's a bit$h to locate enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by palme

i use to play rogue spear on msn gaming zone for countless number of hours. that was the first time i ever did multiplayer. we had a clan that was top 10 in US. but then all these people started making cheat programs and whatnot and it pretty much fuked up the whole game by making it unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Duct Tape
    Is it really hard to find the enemy in RB6? I have GR Island Thunder and it's a bit$h to locate enemies.
    I dunno bro...I always play online with friends

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I beg to differ. When PS2 first came out, YES, It most definitely had issues selling their systems. And please don't tell me that the Hardware in the PS2 right now can compare with XBOX. Not even close. Bro, I've owned all 3 systems. PS2 is an outdated system that has more games. Period! Yes, It outsells XBOX, but again, I like QUALITY vs. QUANITY. And I would NEVER BET against MS when it comes to launching anything. They will eventually dominate. XBOX II will be out the same time as your PS3. Just wait and see who eventually kicks the others ass....

And also, you just don't pop a game in PS2 and GO. Have you seen the load times? UGH!!!

XBOX RULES!!!!

2005 will be interesting. Load times do suck at initial start up.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    If you do......Do you have Rainbow 6? that has got to be the baddest game of all time

I have xbox, ps2 and game cube. I then have xbox live and i have the ps2 adapter. Although i never really play online against people. I doesnt seem to interest me that much.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    i use to play rogue spear on msn gaming zone for countless number of hours. that was the first time i ever did multiplayer. we had a clan that was top 10 in US. but then all these people started making cheat programs and whatnot and it pretty much fuked up the whole game by making it unfair.
    We quit playing a few months after rouge spear came out, why do people make bots and wallhacks for a computer game? I played b/c it was fun, whats the fun in letting a bot aim for you?

Thread Information