Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    ****ing awsome album.....but their other stuff was god awful
    Yep.......... Life of Agony sold out........... too bad the first cd was great

Gotta go with the DLR Band (David Lee Roth) after the Van Halen split.......Yes, I'm serious! Sure the guy isn't all there, but he was a boatload of tallent that just couldn't get it together. Too bad VH and Roth couldn't put asside their creative differences back then. Even if they could now, I don't think Eddy Van Halen will last a whole lot longer if he doesn't lay off on the lung rockets.

I always wished Violent Femmes would have put out another album. Their mid 80's tracks are still drawing crowds at parties and weddings alike.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Sepultura has been around way before Pantera. Pantera became too trendy too fast for me. I liked them till everyone else started too.

Tool is way under rated. Yes they get some recognition but not what they deserve. Danzig is a master lyricism and doesn't get half the recognition that he deserves. plus he's the smartest freak your ever meet.

The number one most under rated performer is Ronnie James Dio. The Best voice in Rock Ever. No one even comes close.
    Tool underrated??? very good band but they are more overrated than underrated........every jackass with a walkman loves tool
    rodney james dio is under rated and had a very good voice but that happens when you fill the shoes of the true greatest voice in rock

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Yep.......... Life of Agony sold out........... too bad the first cd was great
    when i heard their other stuff, i was like "how the hell did they put out river runs red?" they went to the crossroads and sold their soul for that one

Swellin Guest
    I see that Scott mentioned LOA...wow! I don't think so much..underrated, but a lot of their cool stuff never gets played. While speaking about LOA, throw in Praga Khan. Some pretty good stuff, too.

Neither are on the list for me...I vote for Tool. So what if everybody with a walkman has them...they did not get the open recognition they deserved.

How about Rollins Band? Not that great, but I like Henry.

Anybody for Reverend Horton Heat?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    My vote is for Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers....formerly known as the Refreshments. They had a couple hits in the 90s (Banditos, Mekong, Mexico...plus Roger wrote the theme song to King of the Hill TV show).

Only the kids from AZ (i'd bet) will know them as the Peacemakers, if they've ever heard of them at all.

It's a pretty eclectic mix of music, not real hard rock. Somewhere between Rock, alternative, country, americana...blah blah blah, i've heard them classified as just about everything. But they put on the single best live show I've ever seen (not saying much, but still) Soo much energy, the most diehard fans, and they've always stayed true to the local music scene - plus - they play all night until the venue is forced to pull the plug on them. I've never seen them end a show willingly...they'll go as long as the fans will listen. They play in Mexico every year...and from what I understand, they play a 3-5 hour set every year....
    Real nice call, I love the CD with Mekong on it...incredible stuff and I wish I'd thought to bring them up first.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    A Perfect Circle
    Gladyss Patches
    Ultra Spank
    Finger Eleven
    Fuel
    Primer 55
    Professional Murder Music

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Flaw

Our Lady Peace

Zebra (classic rock band from new orleans )

The Cult

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rush
    Flaw

Our Lady Peace

Zebra (classic rock band from new orleans )

The Cult

Definitely the CULT. Great choice.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    GWAR!!

Awesome concerts...great music.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    soulfly

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Real nice call, I love the CD with Mekong on it...incredible stuff and I wish I'd thought to bring them up first.
    I'm glad you knew who they were...Mekong was classic - if you've seen them live you'd know why i'm so supportive of them...if you haven't and you ever get the chance...do it!! In fact, tell me, and I'll meet you wherever the hell they're playing and see the show!

Anyway, i've got a couple more to add to the list -

Authority Zero - i think they had one good national hit "One More Minute" if i'm not mistaken - not a great band, but I always support the good local stuff - and they're pretty good.

Musiq - if you like R&B...you should like him - i'm a huge fan, but a lot of people have never even heard of him...

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Reckless Kelly

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    Seether, although they are getting some radio play finally

Dropkick Murphy's

Guster

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I just want to use this space to talk about how much the smashing pumpkins rocked in their prime.. ie siamese dream and mellon collie... thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information