BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

It's officially XMAS eve...

...****, I wish i were a little kid again. There is VERY little that compares with the intensity of the few days leading up to xmas when you're six.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    merry xmas BG...wake me when it's over

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I remember as a kid sitting up with my brothers talking about what we thought we were getting. I don't think we ever went to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    merry xmas BG...wake me when it's over
    Grinch.

kc
    naa, i dont' wanna ruin it for ya...just like to skip it myself

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I remember as a kid sitting up with my brothers talking about what we thought we were getting. I don't think we ever went to sleep.
    No kidding, huh? On xmas eve, my bro, sis and i would all sleep in the same room (mine since it was the biggest...being the oldest and all) and then wake up at about 4:30 in the morning. Quite seriously, I haven't come across anything that approaches that kind of feeling and excitement...there've been things with more, but never the kind that lasts 48 hours like it did prior to xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    naa, i dont' wanna ruin it for ya...just like to skip it myself
    How tragic. I've become jaded as h*ll over the last few years when it comes to xmas, but I still revert back to a little kid in that final week.

mass junkie is offline banned
    I think I just heard santa flying over my house saying....I aint F ucking stopping there.....

Danielle is offline Female Member
    yeh......Christmas was soooo much better when your a kid.......**** it...i wish Santa was still real.........lol.......all you had to worry about was getting presents..........now your just buying presents for everyone else.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

echobeach is offline Junior Member
    When I was 6 i got a shiny red pedal car - I will never forget driving it around on Christmas day...

Now when I see the intense and pure joy on my daughters face when she opens her presents - well it just takes me back.

I'm with Big Green - I love Christmas.

kc

Quote Originally Posted by echobeach
    When I was 6 i got a shiny red pedal car - I will never forget driving it around on Christmas day...

Now when I see the intense and pure joy on my daughters face when she opens her presents - well it just takes me back.

I'm with Big Green - I love Christmas.
    Man you do that on purpose dont ya?

On the other side of this coin, though, was there ever such a letdown in childhood as the day after xmas? H*ll, at about 6:45 in the morning, when the last present had been opened, there was the standard, call all the friends and compare gifts, but after that, what an anticlimactic moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    On the other side of this coin, though, was there ever such a letdown in childhood as the day after xmas? H*ll, at about 6:45 in the morning, when the last present had been opened, there was the standard, call all the friends and compare gifts, but after that, what an anticlimactic moment.
    what about waiting to play with all your toys and your dad takes over and starts playing with em 1st........that really used to piss me off

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Big G

All the best in 2004

DB

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    what about waiting to play with all your toys and your dad takes over and starts playing with em 1st........that really used to piss me off
    Or the biggest kick in the ass:

Here I am thanking the sh*t out of this santa guy, asking mom and dad why they don't get me sh*t for xmas, but some guy I've never met goes all out, and the whole while they bite their tongues to keep from saying, "look you little bast*rd, WE bought these, there is no santa you snot-nosed f*ck!! How do you like them apples?"

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Big G

All the best in 2004

DB
    Hey thanks...you too, though I'll never understand how xmas can happen in the presence of palm trees?

Hey thanks...you too, though I'll never understand how xmas can happen in the presence of palm trees?

Take' s years of adjustment believe me..the first few were like WTF is this,but you get usd to it 75 right now so all is well

echobeach is offline Junior Member
    I think my 'puter is getting in the Christmas spirit, cept' we have bugger all snow here this time of year...it just started doin that - so i logged of and on again.

See what happens this time...

Danielle is offline Female Member

yeh i couldnt even imagine christmas in warm weather........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle

You'd love it trust me

its really no big deal if youve never had it any other way

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    its really no big deal if youve never had it any other way
    Not being a billionaire is no big deal if you've never had it that way either, but it's certainly the preferable alternative. My sister lives in Florida (probably a few doors down from Da Bull for all i know, since she's in the same town) and she is tortured by 70 degree weather when wrapping xmas presents. Santa doesn't really come that way; i'm convinced he has some sort of assistant who handles that neck of the woods.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Merry Christmas... And dont go opening your presents early BG..

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Merry Christmas... And dont go opening your presents early BG..
    The best present I'll get this year is probably my new avatar courtesty of juggernaut.

FROST is offline Associate Member
    Have to say the best part of x-mass is watching kids, how happy and innocent they are. Nice to see them having fun, brings you back to the younger days when the only thing you had to worry about was if you were going to get a paper cut while opening up your presants. Mary christmass to all on AR .

Not being a billionaire is no big deal if you've never had it that way either, but it's certainly the preferable alternative. My sister lives in Florida (probably a few doors down from Da Bull for all i know, since she's in the same town) and she is tortured by 70 degree weather when wrapping xmas presents. Santa doesn't really come that way; i'm convinced he has some sort of assistant who handles that neck of the woods.
    BWHahahahahahahahahaahah....funny as hell

Your sister huh .........

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    On xmas eve, my bro, sis and i would all sleep in the same room (mine since i was the biggest...being the oldest and all) .
    **** am i the only one that finds this strange? Hey big G are you sure your not from Tasmania, Australia, they're into that sort of **** over there LOL Have a good one bud.............Hitman

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Christmas pretty much suck when you dont get toys anymore.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You are 3 hours ahead of us.

Thing that sucks about being spoiled during my young years of christmas: Getting motorcycles, horses, bikes, tonka toys, transformers, legos is..... It is gonna be hard for me to give my kid(s) a better Christmas than I had.
    Isnt that the main goal of raising a child. Try to give him a better childhood than the one you had as a kid.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    It really doesnt feel like Christmas when the day is 75 degrees and sunny with blue skies. I mean it is VERY peaceful cause there is NO TRAFFIC ANYWHERE. But, the day after, it feels like Christmas happened six months ago cause it feels like spring time still.
    Im hoping the rain stays and it gets colder. At least murkey skies and rain helps make it feel like the season of Christmas with a warm fire to sit by. Kinda gay to sit by a fire when it is hot and sunny outside.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    It's the best...there's nothing like going to the beach the day after Christmas! Anything under 70 degrees is way too cold. Especially when your used to not wearing a whole lot.

bW

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Thing that sucks about being spoiled during my young years of christmas: Getting motorcycles, horses, bikes, tonka toys, transformers, legos is..... It is gonna be hard for me to give my kid(s) a better Christmas than I had.
    Isnt that the main goal of raising a child. Try to give him a better childhood than the one you had as a kid.
    To give your child a better childhood than yourself dosen't mean it has to be toys and stuff. My father was not much to show his emotions so I try to be closure to my kids than my dad was towards me. My father and I were close but I always felt it could have been more. That's the sort of thing I think any parent wants for the child. I think you'll be a great dad someday........a strange one.....but a good dad none the less.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyweight
    It's the best...there's nothing like going to the beach the day after Christmas! Anything under 70 degrees is way too cold. Especially when your used to not wearing a whole lot.

bW
    I'm with you BW........I love Florida.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Merry Christmas

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I'm with you BW........I love Florida.
    I don't know about Florida.......but I love it here......going out side with no shirt on is great.......but it would be nicfe to see snow...say maybe once a year would be good.....this is the best time of year.....going outside with the kids on christmas day is awesome......I feel for the ones that live in cold weather.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I miss the excitement of being a kid and opening presents. But now that I have 2 kids, Man, the look on there faces is priceless. It breaks my heart.

cb25 is offline Banned
    yea...xmas in warm weather is the way to go...i've done both...JMO

i still get excited...i love christmas, but now it's more about the giving...and food...than about my own presents. I don't get to see my family much anymore (we're pretty close) so holidays are fun for me.

i will say this though...this xmas eve has blown big time...i spent 4 hours in the ER 'cause i broke my friggin ankle playing basketball...now i'm home popping some vicodin and going to bed...

Thread Information