BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Post christmas, new gym member syndrome

Has anyone noticed all the new guys in the post christmas rush to shed the lbs give you a wide birth yet !. I was training the other day and took off my top when I got hot, and bang THE LOOKS started. There was one guy evening TRYING to train with a broke arm !, should have seen that idiot. He was doing EVERYTHING one handed !.
    I always try to pick the guy who's going to ask about steroids first, they do a cycle after 4 weeks training, fill full of water and never train again. Idiots.

Bouncer

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Post christmas, new gym member syndrome

Here in the States, there is a post-Christmas rush to the gym, but it's more on the level of people making New Year's resolutions. The gyms will show a spike in new memberships - and a bunch of people who don't know what the f*ck they're doing - after the 1st of January, but 90% of the newbies will quit by February 1st and things will calm down again.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    it's gonna get waaay worse in a few days. my gym is always crowded for the first few weeks after new years, then people get lazy again and go away

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    just think by feb...all those lazy bastards will go back to there lazy lifestyle and we can work out in peace for another 11 months

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I like it when you see them 2 weeks later they all think they are the best...But 4 week after that they are back to being fat lazy pigs.....UNTILL NEXT YEAR WHEN THE CYCLE STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN.

Black Stang is offline Associate Member
    I already noticed some new faces at my gym Monday. It does get pretty crowded. My gym makes you sign a contract for 1 year. You can pay up front, or have it drafted out of your account. Either wat if you quit, you're out of luck getting your money back. Have you noticed some of these new guys? They come in and start following people around trying to do the same thing they see them do. Our gym offers 2 weeks free training. Why are people to proud to say - yes I need help, I don't know what to do. I started out with a trainer when I first went to the gym. It can save you alot of embarrassment, and keep you from hurting yourself.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    Originally posted by dane26
    it's gonna get waaay worse in a few days. my gym is always crowded for the first few weeks after new years, then people get lazy again and go away

sometimes its real hard to not be a bully! i hate this time of year at the gym!

Thread Information