monster. is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs down Childrens Hospital and my humbling experience

Well let me begin guys by saying i never had a little brother, I am the little brother. I have an older brother (15yr difference) and older sister (12yr difference). My girlfriend has a little brother, and I'll be honest i wasn't too fond of kids. Not because i'm like a kid hater, but just cause i wasn't raised around them and i just don't know what to do... Plus I'm scared they are going to break <<fragile>> or my clumsy ass at times may trip or something. Kids to me are really nerve racking.

Well anyways, He has some problems with his foot, and he had to go to Childrens Hospital to get it taken care of, So i went along for "moral support" ((I guess i can be the stonewall sometimes))... I'm not afraid of hospitals, but let me tell you, i almost broke down crying when i really saw how some families had it... I was aware of many children that have some tough times, but after visiting for a few hours made me pretty upset... I hope everyones kids, (i know there are a few bros in here with them) are safe and healthy, cause they are soooooooooooooo inocent... I'm not sure if you guys every went to a childrens Hospital, and i hope you all never have to... It defintley humbled my life even more then it already is...

Take care guys, and take care of the little ones, cause their going to outlive us one day...

later bros

monster

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Been to one before bro....Sad, sad place....I feel so sorry for the kids there.

Swellin Guest
    Nice post Monster. It is soo easy to become self absorbed in our own little world, and completely miss the plight of others. We think, "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist. If it doesn't exist, it can't happen to me."

Those places are pretty tough. It can make you feel terrible, but at the same time, it can make your problems seem very trivial.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Nice post Monster. It is soo easy to become self absorbed in our own little world, and completely miss the plight of others. We think, "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist. If it doesn't exist, it can't happen to me."

Those places are pretty tough. It can make you feel terrible, but at the same time, it can make your problems seem very trivial.

I hear that bro, All i can say is i hope they find some sort of happiness somewhere... I'll leave it at that...

be well guys, Happy New year

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    my brother is a doctor. I remember him telling me that the only thing that he disliked about working with children in the hospital was knowing that 90% of them would be dead withing the year. he said it was so depressing that if he would think about it, it would get him down. thats why he got out of that specialty.

Thread Information