Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i love pop punk! my favorite band is green day! it's funny, when i started this thread i really wanted people's opinions on the talent vs. success, but it turned into i like this/ i like that

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Why middle and upper class white kids want to emulate ghetto street thugs and listen to rap is beyond me. It's called "the Ghetto" for a reason. Try walking through it at night white boys.
    Hah. I love it!

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Hah. I love it!
    hah I know why cause they know white chicks with blonde hair got jungle fever and they think they can get some if the appear to be down with black music

see the offspring song "pretty fly for a white guy"

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    see the offspring song "pretty fly for a white guy"
    haha fully man fully

i wonder if any rapper has put out a song trashing young white men for acting that way, probably not 'cause they know who's buying all their albums

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    i'll take rap over country any day....country music can suck my ballz

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../music_poll_dc

I thought this was interesting...

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Most over rated band by far... Smashing Pumpkins... They are looked at as gods and I dunno why? Billy Corrigan looks like uncle fester from the adams family... Great Bands... Deftones never sold out like (korn,limp, and all that other ****) Plus they have a ton of talent... Pantera cause they are heavy as F*uck Especially Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill... But all they're albums are great... Other then metal or Hardcore... Fuel, Matthew Good Band (Canadian Eh), and Good Charlotte... more they're old stuff are all really good bands.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    Most over rated band by far... Smashing Pumpkins... They are looked at as gods and I dunno why? Billy Corrigan looks like uncle fester from the adams family... Great Bands... Deftones never sold out like (korn,limp, and all that other ****) Plus they have a ton of talent... Pantera cause they are heavy as F*uck Especially Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill... But all they're albums are great... Other then metal or Hardcore... Fuel, Matthew Good Band (Canadian Eh), and Good Charlotte... more they're old stuff are all really good bands.
    deftones totally rock.....like old smashing pumpkins, did'nt like the newer dance trance erotica crap they put out........rather have a root canal than listen to a single good charlotte song....only thing worse than punk is crappy mainstream teeny bopper punk

i keep trying to get the guy at the front desk to play my pantera cd's while i workout, but he said that it wouldn't be good for the other members, screw them, i workout at 5 in the morning with like 15 other people in the gym and 13 of them are wearing head phones!

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    Deftones are great. 7 words kicks @$$ live although they weren't quite as good this time around at Hammerstein. I expected more from them on Headup.

Pantera were awesome. Unfortunately they are no more. RIP brothers. Dimebag and Vinnie formed a new band called Damageplan that is a little more nu-metalish but still sounded great what I heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Farva
    Deftones are great. 7 words kicks @$$ live although they weren't quite as good this time around at Hammerstein. I expected more from them on Headup.

Pantera were awesome. Unfortunately they are no more. RIP brothers. Dimebag and Vinnie formed a new band called Damageplan that is a little more nu-metalish but still sounded great what I heard of it.
    Don't forget about Super Joint Ritual... That's Phil Anselmo's new band... Really Heavy sh*t... Kinda like Trendkill

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    deftones totally rock.....like old smashing pumpkins, did'nt like the newer dance trance erotica crap they put out........rather have a root canal than listen to a single good charlotte song....only thing worse than punk is crappy mainstream teeny bopper punk
    Yeah i understand what your saying... I like they're old stuff... and for one reason when me and all the boys chill in the summer or go on road trips... we play stuff like that and Sum 41... Makes us feel like the American Pie crew what can i say? Those movies made everyone in my generation want to go out party and get with lots of chicks I guess that music is just the anthem behind it

pop punk, to me, is happy music, sometimes you just don't want to have to think to much, you know???

pop punk, to me, is happy music, sometimes you just don't want to have to think to much, you know???
    Couldn't have said it better myself

decadbal is offline Banned
    this may take a while for me so here goes..lol. metallica is ok, lars is POS, someone assinate him. tupac, has their ever been a bigger POS than him? when did we start to worship a druggie who abuses women, next is eminem, again, nothing positive to add, give him time and he will attack his little 6yr old bitch. DMB, who couold not like dave mattews, good music, didnt sell out, just famous. most rap actually is ****, all those guys act hard, then have 30 guys to protect em, DMX is diff, hes pretty brave, but hes a skinny little ****. U2 does suck, bono, no one cares abotu your opnion, so shut it. as far as pop, when the hot pop chicks come on, i mute it, and stare, bc we all know they are only a useful pussy, nothing more..lol. thats about it. this isnt music, but ashton kutchers a loser, and annoying.

Couldn't have said it better myself
    whoever said music had to be deep and insightful to be good, anyway???

whoever said music had to be deep and insightful to be good, anyway???
    Agreed. Plus i'm sure you along with myself listen to plenty of insightful music... Like Britney Spears

Agreed. Plus i'm sure you along with myself listen to plenty of insightful music... Like Britney Spears
    i prefer jessica simpson, stupid is sexy

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    Jessica Simpson is WAY hotter than Britney although this airhead act is wearing thin. Great pectoral development and not aftermarket parts either. Excellent.

Yeah i understand what your saying... I like they're old stuff... and for one reason when me and all the boys chill in the summer or go on road trips... we play stuff like that and Sum 41... Makes us feel like the American Pie crew what can i say? Those movies made everyone in my generation want to go out party and get with lots of chicks I guess that music is just the anthem behind it
    nuthin wrong with hangin with the chicks......i like music that causes me to want to break a plate over someones head in the gym......chicks tend to not like that

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    nuthin wrong with hangin with the chicks......i like music that causes me to want to break a plate over someones head in the gym......chicks tend to not like that
    Agreed... Hence the Pantera and Deftones comment

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    AEROSMITH!!! God i hate aerosmith!!!

on a lighter note, to me the band "tool" is a band who has gained popularity but has NEVER sold out...they are still as weird and complex as ever and i lovem'!!

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    i love pop punk! my favorite band is green day! it's funny, when i started this thread i really wanted people's opinions on the talent vs. success, but it turned into i like this/ i like that
    Speaking of green day, they have GOT to be the most over rated sell out bands ever. Man I can't believe you said you are punk and love GD. Sorry to bust your balls, but I've hated GD for a long time. I'd say I really started hatin them in 1994 when they really sold out with Dookie.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    Speaking of green day, they have GOT to be the most over rated sell out bands ever. Man I can't believe you said you are punk and love GD. Sorry to bust your balls, but I've hated GD for a long time. I'd say I really started hatin them in 1994 when they really sold out with Dookie.
    haha, that's ok dude, i like all the sellout bands, before and after they sold out, rancid would be no. 2, nofx didn't sell out, but i love them, ramones are in there too, hell, i like sum41!!! if you saw my cd collection, you'd probably laugh your ass off

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCopy
    Just for the sake of playing devil's advocate....put enough money in front of people and anybody would sell out. Anyone that says they wouldn't is lying. Hell, more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rush
    AEROSMITH!!! God i hate aerosmith!!!

on a lighter note, to me the band "tool" is a band who has gained popularity but has NEVER sold out...they are still as weird and complex as ever and i lovem'!!
    second that, aerosmith bites and should not even be mentioned when talking of classic rock

Hey I have another band that has to be added here that i don't think anyone else said... Oasis!!!! What a bunch of cocky f@ckers they are... Overrated for sure!

Kato is offline Member
    some of you bros are sayin sell out this sell out that. nobody sells out they just make/start to make GOOD music that most people enjoy.

sell outs=good music!

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    some of you bros are sayin sell out this sell out that. nobody sells out they just make/start to make GOOD music that most people enjoy.

sell outs=good music!
    sell out means that they changed their sound to become more commercially successful, Rancid is a perfect example, listen to the album Let's Go, a classic punk album, and then listen to their next album, ...Out Come The Wolves, i think both albums are great, but OCTW sounds like an entirely different band, it was also their 1st album on a big label

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information