LittleNate is offline Junior Member

Any bodybuilders still smoke weed???

Ive been wondering this for a while now. Will smoking a little weed here and there affect mucle mass or anything of that nature. Just wondering if any u guys/girls do it?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    im smokin right now

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    probably the same as smoking cigarettes so far as side effects,,except for the incredible amount of food when you get the munchies(bulking heh)!!

nj juice is offline Member
    I'm not really a bodybuilder, but i smoke weed every now and again. Shit, i just came home from a vacation in Jamaica, i was high as a motherfucker......

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zmatalucci
    probably the same as smoking cigarettes so far as side effects,,except for the incredible amount of food when you get the munchies(bulking heh)!!
    But its not gonna make someone who is trying to bulk get skinny?

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNate
    But its not gonna make someone who is trying to bulk get skinny?
    no fuckin way man

--hawk

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Ahnold smoked at the end of pumping iron

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I use to do that crap but sience I hate getting tired I dont do it anymore I would rather take a stacker and be energized and go to the gym

Endurance is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah. Its better than drinking. If you got to do something i would probably smoke before drink. dbol and alcohol take a pretty big toll on your liver

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah, no, I never smoke weed, not even a little bit.

Seriously though, I grow the same smoking everyday as I do not smoking at all. The trick is to smoke after you workout later in the day. It helps you eat and everyting. Weed has minor side effects apart from hurting yoru cardiovascualr fitness.

shorty2big is offline Member
    It's also a vasodialator, could that possibly mean more nutrients to the cells? Damn, I need to smoke right now.

SirBen187 is offline Junior Member
    Hey, pass the buddah. I and I'm sure many others sure enjoy a nice bong rip or bubbler hit or toke off a blunt. I enjoy my cannibis!

striation is offline New Member
    HERES YOUR ANSWER:
    this is stupid, smokin weed lowers test by like 25 %, and the only reason arnold did it was becuase he was on so much juice it wouldnt matter if it effected his test anyways. so if your natural, and want to call ur self a bodybuilder, dont be smokin weed, unless u wouldnt mind a 25 percent drop in your testosterone levels . it is in no way benefitial what so ever, who ever said up there "it make you absorbe more nutrients" or whatever you said, thats thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard. and when your bulking all that food you would be eating wouldnt be going to as much use as it would be if your testosterone was at its optimum level.

... smokin bud doesn't lower your test. Although I don't do it, it sure as hell would be a better thing to do then drink. So if you want to, go for it!

HP

striation is offline New Member
    sorry Huge Presser, but your wrong

SMP008 is offline New Member
    HERES YOUR ANSWER:
    this is stupid, smokin weed lowers test by like 25 %,

wheres ur source for this answer ?? i would like to see it

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Cannabis does lower your test levels...I doubt it's by 25%...and besides..if you are injecting 500-1000mg a week...I don't see how a little weed is going to make a difference. Although I am not a fan of smoking pot, I don't think casual use of it will in any way affect your bodybuilding, unless like someone said, you can't control the munchies or it makes you lazy causing you to miss workouts.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striation
    HERES YOUR ANSWER:
    this is stupid, smokin weed lowers test by like 25 %, and the only reason arnold did it was becuase he was on so much juice it wouldnt matter if it effected his test anyways. so if your natural, and want to call ur self a bodybuilder, dont be smokin weed, unless u wouldnt mind a 25 percent drop in your testosterone levels. it is in no way benefitial what so ever, who ever said up there "it make you absorbe more nutrients" or whatever you said, thats thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard. and when your bulking all that food you would be eating wouldnt be going to as much use as it would be if your testosterone was at its optimum level.

This is ignorant bro. Post up some studies to prove your point. I know you won't becasue their is no case study showing a 25% dip in test from marijuana use but for humor sake, I thought I'd challenge you.

Whether testosteron is lowered by marijuana is undocumented as far as I know simply because the study would'nt be feasible(at least in a BB apsect) and the manner in which the study would be given(dosing and administration) would not be consistant to use in a recreational manner. Too many variables.

I no longer smoke, but had no problems with gains when I did(I just had a problem with eating too many cookies )

Bottom line, the possibility is there, that T. Test is decreased by use. 25% is proposterous. I wouldn't even predict it to be 5%.

BenchPressKing is offline New Member

marijuana

I am getting sick of reading all this anti-marijuana propaganda all over the net. The truth is Marijuana is perfectly safe and in fact has so many benefits for the average person it's illegality is completely ridiculous. The #1 argument I continuously encounter is that marijuana use dulls the mind. The lazy "stoners" you see are exactly that: lazy. The marijuana use has nothing to do with it, they are just lazy individuals and they happen to be stoned. However, the other 90% of marijuana users are hard-working, productive individuals. They are so busy contributing to society you wouldn't think for a second to label them as pot-heads.

Marijuana use has been proven to enhance the mind, not tear it down. A recent study shows occasionally marijuana use actually boosts IQ levels. http://www.marijuana.com/article.php?sid=3171

One of the most brilliant minds of this era, Harvard professor and astronomer Carl Sagan, spent his entire adult life as a marijuana user. He admitted in an article that his most brilliant research and theories regarding the universe and the human species came to him while high. http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99/n882/a01.html

Marijuana use does not cause cancer, does not decrease testosterone , and does not promote laziness. You can read all about its benefits here: http://healthcentral.com/centers/onecenterdean.cfm?center=Marijuana

As far as marijuana being debilitating, this could not be further from the truth. Research shows that every time you get into your car, you have a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting into an accident. If your blood alcohol level is .1 %, your chance of getting into an automobile accident increases to 1 in 1,000. More alcohol in the system will make the ratio even slimmer. However, a typical marijuana high (8% THC) decreases the chances of being in a car accident to 1 in 150,000. That is a substantially lower risk than being bone sober! This is due to marijuana enhancing concentration on a given task. This is a well documented phenomena, marijuana allows a user to focus on 1 thing and tune out all other stimuli. http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~verdant/Marijuana_FAQ/X0032_14_Doesnt_marijuana_.html

Most of these benefits are, of course, for the experienced user. It takes several weeks or even months to learn how to control the marijuana high. A novice user might feel like they are going a little crazy due to the fact they are opening up areas of their brain which have remained dormant for the users entire lives. It takes a little getting used to, but eventually total control over the high is developed.

All the anti-marijuana ads you see on TV are BS. It's just government-funded propaganda. Marijuana is a powerful substance, something you can only fully appreciate after you have used it several times. If you have never had an earth shattering apyphany than you have never really been high. I solved a calculus equation that had stumped me for 2 weeks in just 10 seconds while high.

People do not realize how many respectable, professional adults in this country have found the benefits of marijuana. My colleagues wife is a surgeon at Cedar Sinai medical center in Los Angeles, and she is a weekend marijuana smoker. Marijuana smokers are not the lazy scum they are sadly stereotyped as. Perhaps if marijuana were legalized you would see the vast majority of smokers are highly intelligent, highly motivated individuals who enjoy nature's most delightful gift to us. Unfortunately there is just too much stigma surrounding marijuana use today and we have to continue getting high in the privacy of our own homes (and always the thought of jail time, social ostracizing, etc.)

And to contribute a little relevant body-building information, the strongest I have EVER been was while high. Two weeks ago I walked into my gym after smoking half a joint. At first I was a little paranoid (the only negative side affect I experienced, which of course is only because it is illegal and I was worried about being caught). After a brief warm up, I bench pressed 225 15 times. This was, and still is, a record for me. I contribute this to the fact I could really put a conscience effort into contracting every single muscle fiber involved in the pressing movement. I could concentrate on every individual muscle and proper ratio of each of the supporting muscle groups (triceps, deltoids). There has been no relevant study on this, but I think one would be very interesting. Friends have told me similar stories about marijuana and working out. BTW basketball is incredibly fun high.

And I am not a loser stoner, I am a college graduate, having earned a B. S. in nutritional science, I am currently attending UCLA medical school hoping to earn my Masters in Immunology next year. I then plan on continuing to get a PhD, we'll see what the future holds......

Here are some interesting essays on Marijuana use by distinguished doctors, which you will find very enlightening. http://www.marijuana-uses.com/examples

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    this drug was designed for BB i think never found something similar to it. makes me eat like it were my last lunch... love the drug

ross3814 is offline Member
    I didnt ever think that it lowered test levels at first but now that i think about it it does lower sperm count to the point of infertility sometimes. Could there be any correlation? Im not against smokin bud I was just wondering

BenchPressKing is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    I didnt ever think that it lowered test levels at first but now that i think about it it does lower sperm count to the point of infertility sometimes. Could there be any correlation? Im not against smokin bud I was just wondering

According to the National Library of Medicine (which is run by our own government) Marijuana has absolutely no affect on testosterone levels .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    i prolly smoke more hydro than anyone on this board, god that sounds horrible, im talking around an ounce a week, test levels were tested about 2 weeks ago and i have been smoking heavy for the past 3 months, test levels were 333

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    I smoke every now and then and it hasnt effected my progress at all,if anything it helps it along..

manijak is offline Associate Member
    hehehehehehehehhehe I just gotta say
    SMOKE DA HERB MAN!!!!!!
    I should be the poster child for the pro-weed cartel
    I have been working out steadily for last 10 years and I bet I was high in 95% of the workouts.
    When I came from a hard day of work as a construction dumbass, a couple of tokes and all of a sudden angels will fly my ass to the gym where people wonder how the hell can this guy max out on bench 2x 315, and then add 5lbs more and do 3 reps ......
    If I'm bulking I'll smoke just a little so in a couple of hours I get brutal munchies and air-baked chicken and bland white rice with steamed broccoly all of a sudden tastes as good as the greasiest burger. And then smoke again and in a couple of hours all over again.
    And If I'm trying to cut :Smoke before the meals , eat less demanding much more liquids than usual and feel fuller throught the day......
    All I'm trying to say is
    MAN MADE BEER AND GOD MADE POT.
    WHO DO YOU TRUST?

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manijak
    hehehehehehehehhehe I just gotta say
    SMOKE DA HERB MAN!!!!!!
    I should be the poster child for the pro-weed cartel
    I have been working out steadily for last 10 years and I bet I was high in 95% of the workouts.
    When I came from a hard day of work as a construction dumbass, a couple of tokes and all of a sudden angels will fly my ass to the gym where people wonder how the hell can this guy max out on bench 2x 315, and then add 5lbs more and do 3 reps ......
    If I'm bulking I'll smoke just a little so in a couple of hours I get brutal munchies and air-baked chicken and bland white rice with steamed broccoly all of a sudden tastes as good as the greasiest burger. And then smoke again and in a couple of hours all over again.
    And If I'm trying to cut :Smoke before the meals , eat less demanding much more liquids than usual and feel fuller throught the day......
    All I'm trying to say is
    MAN MADE BEER AND GOD MADE POT.
    WHO DO YOU TRUST?
    God didnt grow pot under sodium lights though! LOL

mass junkie is offline banned
    Nawww i gave weed up after high school.....................just means more weed for yall!!!

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Nawww i gave weed up after high school.....................just means more weed for yall!!!
    ^
    |
    |-LIAR, LOL........I still do, just on occasion though...

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i wouldn't consider myself a bodybuilder, but i do smoke weed

i've been smoking for about the past 4 years, lifting consistently for the past 6 months

whether it has inhibited gains or not, i don't know. however, it definitely helps me eat and i absoloutely love smoking after a hard workout...something about the feeling of accomplishment

i never smoke before a workout though, i feel as though it makes me lazy and my muscles feel fatigued even before my workout. another reason is because anytime i get a good high going i feel pressure in my head and i can see the veins bulging in my temples...i have a feeling that working out under that condition could be dangerous for me

manijak is offline Associate Member
    that last one you're right bound for muscle, but I just loooooooooooove say do a killer bench press being high...the blood rush or whatever it does gets me sooooo phucked up for 40-60 sec , it's almost like a heroin high....I have to sit down and not move untill is gone ....I guess that's why I keep running into machines and door jambs...ehheheheh

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    alotta dudes i know smoke some weezy so they can cram the extra calories down on a bulking cycle. I try to stay away from it because i like it to much and would rather spend cash on gear.

Bench-n-Squat's is offline Associate Member
    "WOWW MANNN!"
    -Tommy Chong-

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    actually my lifting parnter beside me is high right now and posting on AR, what a great combo.

SIK.O is offline New Member

IV Steriods???DRUGS & Steriods mix???

Dude,

I had just gotten of that junk...gonna start life afresh, picking new hobby as bodybuilding....but I'm on this maintainance program(by doctor) to take buprenorphine(subutex) daily for 1 more month,
    It's to stop my cravings n withdrawals...

I cant wait to start my workout cycle, dats why i'm wonderin if Subutex can mix with steriods ...

P/S: My doc said That i could inject steriods (IV)intraveneous issit true??????

Pls try to advise, thanks

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIK.O
    Dude,

I had just gotten of that junk...gonna start life afresh, picking new hobby as bodybuilding....but I'm on this maintainance program(by doctor) to take buprenorphine(subutex) daily for 1 more month,
    It's to stop my cravings n withdrawals...

I cant wait to start my workout cycle, dats why i'm wonderin if Subutex can mix with steriods ...

P/S: My doc said That i could inject steriods (IV)intraveneous issit true??????

Pls try to advise, thanks

Thread Information