Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Who can snap back on their feet?

Can anyone out there snap back on their feet? Like your on your back and you use your hands and throw yourself back on your feet. I try it all the damn time but just can't pull it off. i've been trying to practice on an incline then work my way down but I can't even do it on a damn incline. Can anyone give me any tips or exactly what muscles allow you to do this?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    i can do it. You should practice using your hands and then try to get it without using them. use your abs and legs for momentum. practice practice and more practice.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    easy one, i can do it without hands too just swing your head hard enough to lift your weight off the ground. its mostly back&neck works. be careful, its easy to fucked up some muscle by doin this...

So you have to work a lot with your head? Should I really arch my legs up in the air

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    So you have to work a lot with your head? Not exactly, but it might feel like you are.

Should I really arch my legs up in the air? When you are learning this will make it easier. Explosive power is the key to this technique, it's like a violent hip thrust.

As a sidenote this is an impractical technique, it's essentially a party trick, and you are better off practicing getting up in other ways. Are you wanting to be able to do this for the hell of it, for a party trick, or as an MA technique?

the reason i'm doing it is because i'm in professional wrestling school right now and i'd like to add something very very explosive and exciting to my try out match. I figured a good snap back on my feet would be pretty impressive.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    It's definitely something you should have in your act if you are doing pro wrestling. This might sound corny but check out a local gymnastics club, you can learn all sorts of neat stuff there.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    lol i wish i could do this i have many friends who can we would go down into the wrestling room with the mats and practice thats kind of ironic. I am blessed with very explosive muscle tissue and I can't even come close. I think it is technique and size the shorter you are the easier it will be. I think

It is deffiently technique. I posted this about six months ago. Now I can finally do it at will. With a lot of practice. I agree with Lloyd though. It is all technique

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_4446
    It is deffiently technique. I posted this about six months ago. Now I can finally do it at will. With a lot of practice. I agree with Lloyd though. It is all technique
    I've just always been able to do it.. call me lucky.

some people can just do it naturally. Now with no hands. that is a challenge in itself

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Let me guess where you got the idea to do a snap back. Could it be The Rock? Yeah, it does look cool when he does it in his matches. I don't know if I could do it or not. I've never tried.

Mr. Death, I must say that your right. It's awesome. Nothing more electrifying. LOL

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I used to breakdance and had no problems doing it back then, to fat now haha!

Thread Information