Thread: Broken Hand

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member

Broken Hand

i broke my hand in a fight a couple weeks ago and was wondering if i should even bother going to the docs....its the second break in 3 months- exact same place. its still pretty swollen, but no soreness whatsoever now. you guys think i should even bother going to get it checked out? i have a nasty bum from where the break is. im kinda paranoid about going and the doc saying they have to rebrake it or some ****....what do u boys think?? any similar injuries?

Danielle is offline Female Member
    ummmmm..........you broke your hand and your asking if you should go to the doctor or not?!!??!.........that shouldn't be a question....whether your paraniod or not, you need to go!!........if not, it will only get worst...
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY-GUNN
    i broke my hand in a fight a couple weeks ago and was wondering if i should even bother going to the docs....its the second break in 3 months- exact same place. its still pretty swollen, but no soreness whatsoever now. you guys think i should even bother going to get it checked out? i have a nasty bum from where the break is. im kinda paranoid about going and the doc saying they have to rebrake it or some ****....what do u boys think?? any similar injuries?
    5th metacarpal? Also known as the bone below your pinky?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    That was stupid!! You should have gone and let them fix it for you.

guess you're not around to answer my question.. but if it's your 5th metacarpal, which is the most common hand injury to get in a fight.. if it's a hairline fracture it will heal on it's own. However, if it's broken in more than one place, it won't. If it's still swollen after 3 weeks (which it is), chances are you've got more than one break. I'd say definitely go to the doctor asap.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    if i get shot in the face, should i go to the doctor?
    sorry, couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    if i get shot in the face, should i go to the doctor?
    sorry, couldn't resist
    How effective is a bullet in the face?

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    .. if it's a hairline fracture it will heal on it's own. However, if it's broken in more than one place, it won't...
    That's not entirely correct...it will heal...just not right..trust me. My hand is kind of funky looking from the same thing...go to the doc.

yah it is the fifth.......the exact same thing happened earlier in the year and i just left it....my hand is a little ****ed up...if i get time to go to the doc i might..i have so much family **** going on..im home for the holidays and i dont really want my parents to find out i broke it in a fight...ill probably just let it heal on its own tho...

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    you don't have to say it was a fight, say you slipped on the stairs and on the way down you jammed your fist in the ground

Swellin Guest
    I wouldn't say that is the smartest move. I understand the idea of not letting your folks know, but the damage can be permanant.

As an example...my fists look similar to this.... ^^^-
    That would be three knuckles and a flat spot. The side of my right hand is bulged a little, and I have some nerve damage in between the two middle fingers. GO TO THE DOC!

yah i know....my first excuse was it got slammed in a car door (the first break a couple months ago)...im worried they wont buy the send excuse

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    This is your body we're talking about. Go to the doctors! Who cares what they think. Tell them you jerked off to hard, it doesn't matter. Just see a doctor. Play it safe, and see someone.

We're conserned for you.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    do not let it heal on it's own.......thats just not safe.......how could u do that?..............u dont want your parents to find out?............how old are you?........i'm sure they would rather you get the proper medical attention then lie to them...........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

If it's still really swollen after all this time, it's not going to heal properly on it's own.

Don't masterbate alot. Broken hands suck.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Get to the doctor bro....

50%Newbie is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Get to the doctor bro....
    You bone fatties.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Get it fixed by a doc. The repetition of this will cause your hand injury to get progressively worse every time you land a punch for the rest of your life.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I think i have a hair line fracture in my right hand on the knuckle of my middle finger. how the **** does a doc fix something like that? they don't do they

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    they have never done anything for me. pain pills and tell ya to not use it.

Thread Information