Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Being a single parent

Well honestly it's not quite as hard as I imagined. The kids are doing fine... only ask for their mother every once in awhile. I thought I was gonna be stressed out or jsut be to busy to do anything and suprisingly enough.... it's going great. I mean my mom helps me out alot but in all, so far so good. I know I'll run into my problems and all but hell that's part of being a parent. I am looking forward to the ex getting better so she can start having the kids a few days a week. Right now she just comes over to see them or I'll drop them off at her house for the day. I am glad that it's over.... I finally feel at peace. No more fighting, no more feeling hurt, no more putting up with her lies and her crap. I am trying to move on with my life and finding it easier than I ever imagined. IN a small way I wish I would have done this alot sooner. For the first time in a long time I do feel happy.... thanks to the break up and thanks to someone that's been makiong me smile alot lately. You know who ya are and if you're reading this...... thank you. Anyways, kids are good they don't even act like things are different. Well I take that back, my littel girl has become my shadow and wants to be held a bit more but I'm more than happy to oblige. Ok.... enough for now... ya'll have a fun and safe new years. Last year I lost a very close friend to a drunk driver and I want to see all my AR famiy back here in one piece on the 1st.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Good for you bro! It aint that hard being a single parent, my mom raised me be herself and look how good i turned out *cough*

You have a good new year to brother!

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Good for you bro! It aint that hard being a single parent, my mom raised me be herself and look how good i turned out *cough*
    Oh that's reassuring. Kidding bro....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Thats great to hear bro. The revelation of happiness is quite the wonderful feeling, expecially when it springs from a situation that was thought to be a horrible experience. Even more of a great suprise is that the kids are adapting to the change well, and it most certainly will be better for them in the long run.

Happy New Year in deed bro, Happy New Year in deed

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Big T..really glad to read your life has taken a nice turn around for the better.It's a wonderful thing your on your way to happiness an internal peace.You know all to well this will reflect upon your children and influence them in the years to come.

Wishing you and your chidren a Happy New Years

DB

mass junkie is offline banned
    I Love You Man!!!

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Much respect for you Big Texan. I'm glad to see you doing well. I'ts hard being a parent period much less a single parent. Hope evrything goes your way. Remember any fool can be a father but it takes a true man to be a good dad.

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    great job bro... its always good to hear some upbeat and positive news these days hope all continues well for you

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Good to hear that you're happier now and the kids are adapting to the situation better than you thought. I hope your new year is a lot better than the last one bro

You ain't kidding Mud.... if it's even close to this year I'm jumping off a **** bridge somewhere.

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    Hey Big Texan I have been reading the boards for a couple of months and have always seen you giving great personal input.......It is great to hear that you are doing better than in the past..... just wanted to let you know just like palme I was raised by just my mother..........And believe it or not I am doing very well for myself Keep up the good work spending time with u r kids and have a happy and health new year with your new situation!

peace.............

Steadyyyyyyyyyyy

Kittychick is offline Female Member
    Im happy for u sweetie. Just take it one day at a time and things will always get better. And well, ur just making me
    Mod @ AnaFreakz
    Mod @ IronBodyBuilding

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittychick
    Im happy for u sweetie. Just take it one day at a time and things will always get better. And well, ur just making me
    You're to nice to me ya know that..... thanks darlin, I really mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    You're to nice to me ya know that..... thanks darlin, I really mean it.

U don't have to thank me sweetie U know u do the same to me as well.
    Mod @ AnaFreakz
    Mod @ IronBodyBuilding

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittychick
    U don't have to thank me sweetie U know u do the same to me as well.
    It's my pleasure darlin......

It's my pleasure darlin......

Mod @ AnaFreakz
    Mod @ IronBodyBuilding

Ok.... get ur butt to work....

Ok.... get ur butt to work....

I'm going
    Mod @ AnaFreakz
    Mod @ IronBodyBuilding

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    T you'll have the hang of it before you know it...pretty soon all the stuff that scares the hell outta you now will seem like second nature...ohh..and enjoy that little girl...before you know it she'll be all grown up and just as much of a pain in the azz as some other chick you know ;P

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    ..ohh..and enjoy that little girl...before you know it she'll be all grown up and just as much of a pain in the azz as some other chick you know ;P
    I just had the worst case of shivers I have ever experienced.

Actually chica.... if she turns out anything like you.... that'd be just fine with me.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Actually chica.... if she turns out anything like you.... that'd be just fine with me.
    good luck...remember what i told you the other night i'll share my secrets tho

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    good luck...remember what i told you the other night i'll share my secrets tho
    Hey I'm prepared..... shotgun, padlock, baseball bat, Execdrin Migraine...... yep, all bases covered.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad to hear things are better . . . but if things take a turn for the worse, we'll still be here for ya. Might even be talked into stalking some xxxholes in Florida with ya, if things get really bad. I'm in that kinduva mood anyway . . . or is it just the clomid talking?

We all do the best we can with what we have . . . ain't nobody that ever deliberately sets out for less. Somehow I think that when the shoutin' is all said and done, you and your kids are gonna turn out pretty cool. Yer kids will probably figure out they've had things a bit harder than other kids, but they'll know that their dad gave the proverbial "rat's ass" about 'em. And that info will carry 'em over lots of rough terrain in the future . . .

So, keep on keeping on, and holler if things turn to xxxx.

Thanks Tock.... I'm still making plans for my special trip to Florida to visit my old friend, no worries there. I'm doin good and so are the kids.... I'll survive no matter what, I'm just hoping the kids will be ok and I'm pretty sure they will.

peam is offline Suspended
    glad to hear it Big T good luck

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Glad to hear you are doing well bro. Kids are a lot tougher than most give them credit for. They will be fine. Now as for when they get older................bro there are no words of comfort for with this happens. Best you can do is pray it will be over as quick as possible. And girls are by far a hell of a lot harder to raise than boys.

You're telling me..... it takes me 30 minutes to put her hair in a freakin pony tail. I recently went out and bought a book to teach me how to braid hair so I can do hers.

Have you tried to do a French braid yet? I love how it looks but I could kick the butt of the man/woman who came up with that drive you insane hairdo!

peam is offline Suspended
    oh man.... I love braiding hair... send her over to me Big T... I'll do it all cute

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! Bro... I'm terrible at it. I'm getting better. It's a good thing to because she's been getting tired of wearing a ball cap everywhere.

Hahahahahha too funny bro! I tell my daughter that the baseball cap looks cute on her. hahahahaha I have every freakin book on hair braiding along with a few hundred dollars of hair thingies.

I'm running out of cash! looks like I'll have to make a bank withdraw...............good thing I got this cool new hockey mask! Hey, there is an M in bomb isn't there? hahahahha

I hear ya... I bought a set of hair barrets (spelling), scrunges and all that stuff..... I just sit there for an hour trying to imagine how in the hell you use them. Lord help me.... hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

CutieFace Guest
    Hey BigT I'm really very happy for you, and I know what that feeling is like when you're finall set free and life becomes peacful and enjoyable again....

I know you're doing a great job w/ those kids.....best part is that you want your children to have a healthy relationship w/ their Mom....and her with them.....that just goes to show what a caring loving Dad you are....

I love it when my daughter wants something special done w/ her hair.....had to french braid 1/2 of the volley ball team couple of weeks ago LOL but a lil hint.... french braiding is much easier when the hair is still wet less fly away and easier to control exp if she's got fine hair.....

You're doing a great job....never doubt your abilities

*HUG*

Cutie

thank ya darlin.... i'm trying to do what's best for those kids.

BT ... glad the kids and you are happy...

As for braids and doing hair, I don't know how you cope! Makes me so glad I got a boy... a lot less complicated than little girls (though with puberty just around the corner, I got a funny feeling I'll be eating those words REAL soon). Anyone got a "Kids user manual", I think I lost mine!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    BT ... glad the kids and you are happy...

As for braids and doing hair, I don't know how you cope! Makes me so glad I got a boy... a lot less complicated than little girls (though with puberty just around the corner, I got a funny feeling I'll be eating those words REAL soon). Anyone got a "Kids user manual", I think I lost mine!

Red
    Hahahahahahha... yep, I got some hot sauce you can put on them words so ya can choke them down easier. As for the manual... I have 2 but I need them both, 1 is for my daughter and the other is for my son.... Thanks Red.

Omg tex braiding hair!!! Talk about wrong man for the job haha!

HEY!!!! Somebodies gotta do it... So what... I have to get in touch with my feminine side now....

"Now" hehe! Pansy!

J/K bro, a man gotto do what a man gotto do, go braid

HEY!!!! Somebodies gotta do it... So what... I have to get in touch with my feminine side now....
    Better get REAL feminine bro, you'll need it for "the talk" with her (yeah I know thats below the belt!!!)

Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information