Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up THe Ipod Is the S h I t!!!

Well I got the 20gig ipod for christmas... BUt i havent had time to set it up till tonight... Let me tell u this thing is awsome, besides the fact that it can hold up to 5000 songs, give or take depending on legnth, but the other options and accesories that are avialable are amazing... My brother got me the ITUNES by mac that plugs right into the top and u can dial into any radio station and play ur MP3's on that radio station for example in ur car, or ur house...
    Any one else got the Ipod, and anything i should know about it... I cant wait to use this thing in the gym, it will bring a whole new meaning to bringing da head phones...
    Last edited by Bigboy123; 12-31-2003 at 01:26 AM.

redrock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    Well I got the 20gig ipod for christmas... BUt i havent had time to set it up till tonight... Let me tell u this thing is awsome, besides the fact that it can hold up to 5000 songs give or take depending on legnth but the other options and accesories that are avialable are amazing... My brother got me the ITUNES by mac that plugs right into the top and u can dial into any radio station and play ur MP3's on that radio station for example in ur car, or ur house...
    Any one else got the Ipod and anything i should know about it... I cant wait to use this thing in the gym, it will bring a whole new meaning to bringing da head phones...
    I have one as well. I take it with me in my truck all the time. **** my 1 disc cd player. The only recommendation I would make would be to use iTunes as your software. Musicmatch blows when it comes to adding stuff and making playlists. You can get iTunes for free at www.apple.com/itunes Cheers, Tyler

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Just be careful using it at the gym...a standard MP3 player, while holding only a handful of songs to the Ipod's thousands, has the advantage of NO moving parts, whereas, to the best of my knowledge, the iPod in fact has a hard drive, and thus moving parts, and absolutely will not hold up to a beating the way an MP3 player might.

I know several people with iPods, and while most are incredibly satisfied and have had NO problems whatsoever, the two who have complaints were (perhaps not coincidentally) the ones who regularly and consistently took the thing into a weight room environment.

**** well my girlfreind got me a regular old MP3 player, she was goin to return it since my dad gave me this one, so now that u told me that BG, im hopin she didnt get around to returning it yet, well have to see...

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking about getting me one of those dell juke boxe's

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I have had the 40g ipod since july. It seems to hold up well in the gym. I have a neoprene holster for it, doesnt seem to get knocked around at all.
    -Cy

mass junkie is offline banned
    My Ipod takes a beating in the gym and I've had absolutely no problems with it

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    ~What the H e l l is a Ipod? ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Quote Originally Posted by SpunHoney
    ~What the H e l l is a Ipod? ~
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/

Spun, if you are into music, you will love it. Save up your pennies and get one. Its hard for me to hit the gym without mine!
    -Cy

I have a regular MP3 player and it gets a hell of a beating at the gym... been hit by 45lbs plates, brushed a little too close with dumbells, been sweat on and dropped on the floor more times that I can remember...

The music plays on... I am just not sure something like an Ipod (which is a gift from the gods!) would stand up to that kind of treatment.

Red

Yeah, well i have a tendancy to break things so i def got to be careful with this, but to hear that a lot of u guys have had no problems with urs in the gym is def reinsuring.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i hate appple. Ipod is not compatible with WIN98 you pay the **** thing 600$ and it cant be done with 98....

~ I am in to music, but not in to electronic ****, my palm piolt use to beep at me all the time so now it is buried in the bottom of my closet cause i could not figure out how to stop it!!! so i doubt i would be able to fig out a ipod, plus i dont have an apple comp!~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    Ipod is not compatible with WIN98
    I thought that was only the first generation of Ipods. Anyway, what are you still doing with Windows 98. time to upgrade your OS

WTF is windows is win 98? .......hahahaha jk bro.....

some of my graphical software dont work well under anything earlier than 98 2nd gen... otherwise i must deal with frequent memory stack crash

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    some of my graphical software dont work well under anything earlier than 98 2nd gen... otherwise i must deal with frequent memory stack crash
    The word of the day for you is upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie

too expensive

~ I was on windows 98 till the ex bought me a new comp, now i have some Xp shyt or whatever..i cant tell the difference!~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~

~ I was on windows 98 till the ex bought me a new comp, now i have some Xp shyt or whatever..i cant tell the difference!~
    Omg how can you not tell the difference...........you can basically plug in anything and xp will recognize it.......well maybe not you Rabbit but....almost everything else...

Omg how can you not tell the difference...........you can basically plug in anything and xp will recognize it.......well maybe not you Rabbit but....almost everything else...

~ i cant belive you just made that comment you Little Shyt, you are now on PR!!!~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~

Yeah, i feel u on the fact that she cant tell the difference between xp and 98... I would think even for someone inexpereinced in computer software its like night or day...

Yeah, i feel u on the fact that she cant tell the difference between xp and 98... I would think even for someone inexpereinced in computer software its like night or day...
    Yeah but we are talking about a woman here .....aww hell im gonna catch **** for that one

Yeah but we are talking about a woman here .....aww hell im gonna catch **** for that one

~ Yea You are...... dont talk to me ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~

~ Yea You are...... dont talk to me ~
    Lmao.....im sorry im sorry......come here and give me a hug....

Lmao.....im sorry im sorry......come here and give me a hug....
    ~ Did you not read what i wrote! I said dont talk...sheeze!~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~

Hes not talking hes typing......... A du......

~ Did you not read what i wrote! I said dont talk...sheeze!~
    -----

-----

~i can never stay mad at you ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Just be careful using it at the gym...a standard MP3 player, while holding only a handful of songs to the Ipod's thousands, has the advantage of NO moving parts, whereas, to the best of my knowledge, the iPod in fact has a hard drive, and thus moving parts, and absolutely will not hold up to a beating the way an MP3 player might.

I know several people with iPods, and while most are incredibly satisfied and have had NO problems whatsoever, the two who have complaints were (perhaps not coincidentally) the ones who regularly and consistently took the thing into a weight room environment.
    I've dropped kicked my iPod off of the curb into the middle of the street and when I picked it up it was still working. I've also dropped it down the stairs. It still works. I take mine with me every where.

Not sure if you guys have heard about it. In January Apple is coming out with Mini iPods. 2-4 Gigs, smaller size case priced from $99-$199 range to compete with lower cost Mp3 players. If the Mini iPods are a hit like the larger $299 size Apple will own the Mp3 player market.

just buy it at best buy, invest in the 3 yr service plan, for $40, then do whatever you want to it. The first ipod i got was a 30g, i had problems charging it after a month, took it back, was given $500 credit (what i paid for the 30g), then got the 40g which had just came out. No questions asked.
    -Cy

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I've dropped kicked my iPod off of the curb into the middle of the street and when I picked it up it was still working. I've also dropped it down the stairs. It still works. I take mine with me every where.
    Well Carlos thats def reinsureing to here that because u sound like me... I did even use it in the gym today because BG had me all worried... F U C KER... I cant stop playin with it though... THing is awsome..

Well Carlos thats def reinsureing to here that because u sound like me... I did even use it in the gym today because BG had me all worried... F U C KER... I cant stop playin with it though... THing is awsome..
    Make sure you get a carrying case with a waist clip so you can keep it out of the way at the gym.

yea it came with it bro... The 20 gig and up come with the carryin case desktop charger and all the other goodeis..

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    cant afford to upgrade/???

that's like saying.. yea this multi v will do the same as deca ...

www.dell.com i buy computers for companies.. (banks).. vendors can't beat this deal dell has going on..

2.6 ghz 40 gb hard drive with 128 ram (upgrade to 512)
    free Flat panel and free CD burner, and free shipping..

now if we could get a good source that would increase effectivness, lower sides, and lower cost we would all be happier..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Kittychick is offline Female Member

Mass hun, that rabbit can do wonders sweetie...u would be surprised Im sure there is a way to plug it into a computer and well...get more settings ...... lmfao!!!!!!!! That thing is heaven
    Mod @ AnaFreakz
    Mod @ IronBodyBuilding

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Well just to update this... I got about 800 songs on this baby and been bringin it to the gym I just put it into that carrier the thing freakin rips... IF u dont have it u got to GET IT... A def gym essential...

FYI... Tomorrow is the MacWorld Expo and Apple should announce the mini iPods. (Smaller, $99-$199) Once they're announced I'll post a link if anyone wants to check them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information