BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Time I spent away from AR was worth it!!!

I got my LSAT score via email today (probably came yesterday, but I didn't check) and I nailed the score I was looking for! I can't even begin to get over how psyched I am for this. As of now, I'll be compiling a list of people I'd like to sue in a few years when I actually get into and finish law school. This list may be updated or altered at any time without prior notification and it is a list you do not want to be on. Currently, it is rather short...to keep it that way, avoid poking fun at my new avatar and me and/or my shortcomings in general.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    LoL

Ok next time i will conform to your avatar rules i promise

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your avatar speaks well of u..........u should get it printed on a shirt ans sport it around proudly.

Glad ya got the score u wanted on the LSAT.......congrads......which school will u be attending?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I got my LSAT score via email today (probably came yesterday, but I didn't check) and I nailed the score I was looking for! I can't even begin to get over how psyched I am for this. As of now, I'll be compiling a list of people I'd like to sue in a few years when I actually get into and finish law school. This list may be updated or altered at any time without prior notification and it is a list you do not want to be on. Currently, it is rather short...to keep it that way, avoid poking fun at my new avatar and me and/or my shortcomings in general.
    I guess I can keep this up as long as I stay on my side of the border....teehee.

Are you planning to go to Law School in Fall 04 BG? Maybe if you get into Harvard Law you can keep the new avatar......minus the "REJECTED" stamp....

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats bro. that SAT is some hard shi*

Swellin Guest
    Big G, I thought you cancelled the scores? I remember your post concerning "Should I keep 'em?" Your last post that I recall was telling us of your decision to can the scores...I guess you changed your mind.

Also, as I recall, you were looking for a 99% at the least. Evidently you pulled it off. Congrats on one hell of a score on the LSAT.

As for your avatar...I'm loving it...funny stuff.

You mention only two colleges being the correct onews to fit your plan....what are they?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats on a great accomplishment.

redrock is offline Member
    Congratulations! Aren't you glad now you didn't cancel your score?? RR

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations bro. I'll be taking the LSAT in June.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats man. Glad to see that the time away helped, and best of luck getting into harvard law. My time away is coming up.. MCATS are soon.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Congrats BG....I hear thats some hard stuff. Proud of ya bro!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

see looking at the guys test next to yours DID help..

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats on the beginning of your journey to the lowest profession on earth. You should fit in nice you back stabbing cheating bastard. I might have to sue you for not following through with out Fantasy Football Contract where you gave me and extra 100 points against Juggy. Don't ever trust a law student to be.
    Last edited by RON; 01-01-2004 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks a lot everyone...i'm still on cloud nine and just as elated that you guys are psyched for me as well. My dilemma now becomes, do I put my apps in now for next fall (they'll be on time, but late in the cycle when it's generally considered more difficult to get in) or hold off for fall 2005...that's something I'll have to think about over the weekend.

Either way, my chances of landing where I'd wanted to be are as solid as I could have hoped for given the admissions process.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Congrats man. Glad to see that the time away helped, and best of luck getting into harvard law. My time away is coming up.. MCATS are soon.
    Good luck with those...at least the LSAT only requires prepping for the conditions and techniques, the MCAT really demands that you do both. No thanks, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by swellin

You mention only two colleges being the correct onews to fit your plan....what are they?
    That number is more like four, with two (harvard and yale) being the clear leaders for *my* specific goals and stanford and chicago not all that far behind. I'm pretty sure Yale Law is as close to an impossibility as it gets, so I'm realistically hoping for harvard (which has the added benefit, IF i stay with her, of my gf being in graduate school there), holding out some small hope for Yale, but will still consider myself incredibly luck to attend either of the other two as well.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Congrats Big Green! That is great news............I'd like to get in on the ground floor if I could...........how much should I send now? I've a felling I'll need your services with my ARFF racketering charges. hahahaha

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Congats Big G....I for one had no reason to believe you would preform below your own expectations...Well Done...Jolly Good,Jolly good indeed!!!

1 Q Big G....do you have Ron on ignore????

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats bro... Im sure thats a huge relief of ur shoulders and I hope u the best of luck becomin a profesional a s s h o l e.......... JK congrats bro..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Hey, congrats, BG, that's a great accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull

1 Q Big G....do you have Ron on ignore????
    No...for two reasons:

1. His nonsensical ravings and illusions of grandeur are second only to Seinfeld and the Simpsons for a quick laugh

2. These same ravings remind that someone as "special" Ron was able to beat me in Fantasy Football, and that provides me with my main source of inspiration for staying up on the NFL over the offseason.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    That number is more like four, with two (harvard and yale) being the clear leaders for *my* specific goals and stanford and chicago not all that far behind. I'm pretty sure Yale Law is as close to an impossibility as it gets, so I'm realistically hoping for harvard (which has the added benefit, IF i stay with her, of my gf being in graduate school there), holding out some small hope for Yale, but will still consider myself incredibly luck to attend either of the other two as well.
    If you end up going to yale, you've got to hit me up with a PM.. Frank Pepe's pizza over on wooster st. in new haven is one of the top 10 places in the world.. (learning channel? heard it somewhere) Been going there for years.. i'd love to buy you a pitcher and a pie sometime.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Congrats BG! If you ever want some advice about law school, give me a holla.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    BG... congrats bro. I am truely happy for ya. I know seeingthose test scores has taken alot of weight off your mind. Now I say put in your app ASAP... don't put it off. Now as for you sueing people... I know I'm already on the list.... but it's not like you'll win much.... you can have my trailer, shotgun collection, and my chevy that's on blocks in the front yard. Ok... I may live in Texas, but I'm not trash. Again... happy for ya bro, I knew you'd pull it off.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    congrats BG. A friend of mine last year made in the 97%. unfortunately, his quest for top 5 status fell short due to his 2.4 GPA, albeit in ChemE from CalTech. But as I told him, it doenst really matter for patent law. so few go into that you could be from U of pacific and still get a job, so only bing top 20 isnt bad. good luck with your big four. let me know if you get that box from harvard!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffylyte
    congrats BG. A friend of mine last year made in the 97%. unfortunately, his quest for top 5 status fell short due to his 2.4 GPA, albeit in ChemE from CalTech. But as I told him, it doenst really matter for patent law. so few go into that you could be from U of pacific and still get a job, so only bing top 20 isnt bad. good luck with your big four. let me know if you get that box from harvard!

Did he end up enrolling anywhere yet? Franklin Pierce in Concord NH is consistently flip flopping with one of the top five (stanford??) for the #1 spot in patent law if he hasn't already looked into it.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Did he end up enrolling anywhere yet? Franklin Pierce in Concord NH is consistently flip flopping with one of the top five (stanford??) for the #1 spot in patent law if he hasn't already looked into it.
    yeah he ended up going to UIUC. they are something like #25 overall (but much better in IP). This guy was very picky about where he went (as in the area of the country), not just the school. (he also likes Duke ie NC area). his undergrad gpa was just too much of a drag on him. understand though caltech only does competitive grading, which means he was just above smack dab in the middle of his Chemical Enginnering class.

as I said (I almost did IP myself) it doesnt really matter. this past recession, IP firms were all hiring and starting at ~140K. The problem is you not only have to pass the muli-state (typical pass rate ~70% depending on school) but the federal MPEP with average pass rate ~30%, and you have to show techical competency to even take the thing. thats why the salary is so high.
    Last edited by jeffylyte; 01-02-2004 at 02:54 PM.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Congrats BG...glad to see all the hard work paid off...

and always good to see a good bro succeed...keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Congrats BG...glad to see all the hard work paid off...

and always good to see a good bro succeed...keep it up!
    Now if I can begin to duplicate my "paper" success in the weight room, I might actually be satisfied some day. Not likely though.

Thread Information