Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Read

Ammar is offline Senior Member

Please Read

Detroit is officially the FATTEST city in America. Great news considering I am a personal trainer now huh...

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i belive that

how did you find this out?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I saw that on the news last night also, Texas had 5 cities on the rankings for fattest. Houston was like nuber 2.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, Atlanta is in the top 10.

Not suprising, as everywhere I look is some fat 30ish SUV driving brainless moron with a cell phone stuck to thier head.

-LH

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i thought i lived in the land of fat people??? was iowa mentioned? there is nothing but fat people here.

Houston has been #1 for like the last 3 years but now Detroit owns that spot.

I saw it on my local news...channal 4 news if you are in the Detroit area.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    About once per year MensHealth will post this info also.......it gives that years results and their ranking the previous year......I don't remember what issue it was.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Heh...come here...there are a TON of fat people. Its embarassing.

There are tons of fat people everywhere u go..........but I think the scale goes by what % of population is the fattest.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Hell the whole country is fat.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Sorry to have to say this guys. But the general view of Americans over here is that their fat, I mean really, really fat!. Nearest thing I've seen to it is Israel where there's alot of fat people too, but sadly their mostly American Jew's. Sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Sorry to have to say this guys. But the general view of Americans over here is that their fat, I mean really, really fat!. Nearest thing I've seen to it is Israel where there's alot of fat people too, but sadly their mostly American Jew's. Sorry guys
    It's true we have become known as the fattest country ever.

But there are people like the ones on this board that are trying to change those stats.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    why do you think we don't like soccer, too much running

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Yeah they even have a name for them......Wal-Mart people. Those heifers you see waddling down the isle with a shopping cart full of crap at Wal-Mart.

Not to be in any way racist or a bigot, but I think its because a majority of people in the USA can afford food and just eat alot of fast food/junk food. As were in a 3rd world country, an average person can not afford to buy as much food.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    Not to be in any way racist or a bigot, but I think its because a majority of people in the USA can afford food and just eat alot of fast food/junk food. As were in a 3rd world country, an average person can not afford to buy as much food.
    Nah I doubt that very much. Although I've never been to the states myself alot of my friends have and they've all come back talking about how much Americans can eat, and the portions they were served in cafe's, restraunts etc.. I'm always reluctant to voice anything negative about America round this board, its like walking a minefield. But I think America have spoilt themselves. Granted not all Americans are fat, we've fat people here also. But the Americans I see here have a somehow different type of fat. Not only are they super fat, but just look soft and spoilt too.

hey bouncer, you're just lucky there's no oil in the british isles, or we'd say that you were horboring terrorists and bomb the hell out of you

Scot, I'm not british. And they have alot of the stuff actually. Your lucky American isn't occupying 6 counties of our land, otherwise we'd bomb the hell out of you too, lol...

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    This reminds me of Sam Kinnison...when he's making fun of the feed the children commercial...lollllllllll....he's like, "We got an idea, You ah.... see this here (picking up sand) you see this, this is sand, you know what its going to be 100 years from now...IT'S GOING TO BE SAND!!!!!!!!!!...Nothing is going to grow here!!!!!!!!! you live in a desert!!!!!!!!AHAHAHHAAAAAAAA.... Nothing grows in a desert!!!!!!!!...Ahhhhhh... You guys wouldn't be so fcuking hungry if you...MOVED WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHAHAHHAHAHHA....NOTHING GROWS IN THE DESERT!!!!!!!!!...AHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO
    Last edited by monster.; 01-04-2004 at 03:43 AM.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but having traveled in the USA, Canada and Europe, I can definetly say that on average Americans are a LOT fatter than their European counterparts... as for Canadians, we're not far behind the USA in fattiness...

We may not have the American "Sooper Dooper Mammoth Portions" at McDonalds and Wendy's, but Canadians love their chow and it shows.

I was actually very surprised at how few fat people I saw in Europe... and we're not talking about 3rd world countries here...

Ammar ... I don't even see this as a "racist" or offensive issue... diet and eating habits is definetly a very cultural thing and varies a lot from country to country. It even varies within a country... we can't even begin to compare the diet of a fat NJ or NY sales rep who eats junk food 5x a day and a lean mean Amish farmer who works the land all day and eats all natural.

Unfortunately I am one of those who only has to look at food to get fat... I just can't win this battle

Red

Good post Red. I remember them saying something about the least fattest city is Honululu(sp?) It makes sense with all those beaches and stuff around I suppose.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    hey bouncer, you're just lucky there's no oil in the british isles, or we'd say that you were horboring terrorists and bomb the hell out of you
    Yeah bouncer, they would just fly over your island and drop a couple those American bred fatties from 20,000 feet up and sink that island you call home. Ninpo, what was that about?

Seriously though, I think it is mainly due to mass availability of fast food. I mean I dunno about you guys but the McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Arby's right by my house are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. In addition to that the portions just keep getting bigger and bigger.....I remember when I was a kid and coffee would come in a small styrofoam cup that couldn't have been more than 6 ounces, try finding one that small at Starbucks. Americans work way more hours per week than everybody else on the globe and I think the convienence aspect of eating out is also a big contributor. Like Red said, sadly Canadians are not far behind our fat bastard neighbors.

Scot, I'm not british. And they have alot of the stuff actually. Your lucky American isn't occupying 6 counties of our land, otherwise we'd bomb the hell out of you too, lol...
    to americans, it doesnt' really matter if your british, irish, french, whatever, everyone else are just foreign wanna be americans, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Yeah bouncer, they would just fly over your island and drop a couple those American bred fatties from 20,000 feet up and sink that island you call home. Ninpo, what was that about?

Seriously though, I think it is mainly due to mass availability of fast food. I mean I dunno about you guys but the McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Arby's right by my house are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. In addition to that the portions just keep getting bigger and bigger.....I remember when I was a kid and coffee would come in a small styrofoam cup that couldn't have been more than 6 ounces, try finding one that small at Starbucks. Americans work way more hours per week than everybody else on the globe and I think the convienence aspect of eating out is also a big contributor. Like Red said, sadly Canadians are not far behind our fat bastard neighbors.
    just trying to be funny by poking fun at the bush administration, sorry for any confusion

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I could agree with what most are saying when i vacation i look around and i have noticed there are less fat fockers around. I dont blame the fast food joints and all that stuff because i ate that **** for years and never got fat. The fatness comes from the lazy people. When i was a kid i was out running round riding bikes climbing trees. Nowadays kids and there parents stay home watch tv or play video games.I think the fatness starts at a young age. people need to walk more park the suv and walk your kids to school.

that's true, when i was a kid, the park was always jam packed with kids, now you can drive buy a park and it'll be empty in the middle of a summer day

Kids are a LOT fatter now...

I was looking at my old grade school pics the other night and you were lucky to find 1 fat kid in the class...

We played outside ALL the time... we swam at the pool, played chase in the neigbourhood, street hockey until mom pulled us in by the ear for bath time...

Now kids play nintendo and playstation all the time, and when they get bored of that, it's TV time... lazy doesn't even start to describe it.

I've been a Boy Scout leader for well over a decade and trust me, kids are getting fatter all the time... much fatter. Just go to any public pool and look around... it's pretty scary when you think about it.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Unfortunately I am one of those who only has to look at food to get fat... I just can't win this battle

Red

Red goes' into McDonalds....

"Mam, may I have everything on the menu, plus a diet coke please" ..

Assistant "A DIET coke" (trying not to look at his ample girt)...

"Why yes mam, a DIET coke, I'm watching my figure"

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    But the Americans I see here have a somehow different type of fat. Not only are they super fat, but just look soft and spoilt too.
    LOL

What part of Ireland are you from bro,? My fathers from Dublin.

Red goes' into McDonalds....
    "Mam, may I have everything on the menu, plus a diet coke please" ..
    Assistant "A DIET coke" (trying not to look at his ample girt)...
    "Why yes mam, a DIET coke, I'm watching my figure"
    Hee hee hee

Actually lets be honest here... when I do cheat and hit a fast food joint (which happens now and then), I cheat all the way.... I'll have a gallon of normal sweet coke (diet coke is nasty!) and what the heck, I'll even have the apple pie desert

What the heck, if yer gonna cheat, might as well do it right!!!

Red

Hoss, I'm from Dublin. A northsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Hee hee hee

Actually lets be honest here... when I do cheat and hit a fast food joint (which happens now and then), I cheat all the way.... I'll have a gallon of normal sweet coke (diet coke is nasty!) and what the heck, I'll even have the apple pie desert

What the heck, if yer gonna cheat, might as well do it right!!!

Red
    Good bro, I prefer Dairy Queen though.......Get myself some fries, a double burger and a shake

Hoss, I'm from Dublin. A northsider.
    Well how's the country now?? My dad was a Catholic..moved here.

SuperFlex is offline New Member
    Don't see many fat people around here (England), but i saw a lot when i went to the states. But saw a lot of hotter people too.

It's true about kids not playing outside anymore. We used to play outside in the street (football on bikes etc), every single night after school in my neighbourhood, but now the kids stay indoors.

Yeah...All kids do now a days is play video games...hell, I do sometimes

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Yeah...All kids do now a days is play video games...hell, I do sometimes

they call hoss's right hand "plam pilot"..

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Well how's the country now?? My dad was a Catholic..moved here.

His religion wouldn't bother me in the least.

You guys are so right about the whole kids getting fatter now. Technology is great but unfortunately it is making the next generation fatter. Too many kids sit on the computer, play playstation or one of the 34038430489 gaming systems out now. When I have kids I am gonna make sure they are active. I was a fat kid growing up but I was always active. I just ate fast food too **** often.

You won't take kids away from the console. My 11yr son trains 4 nights a week and kickboxing and gaelic football, plays soccer on Saturday on gaelic football on Sunday. Plus he fights probably aleast every 6 weeks. He's been doing all that since he was 5 and what does he do in his chill out time!, play his PS2!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information