wannabmassive is offline Associate Member

Spot open 4 a Spotter

wanna spot me
    Last edited by wannabmassive; 04-05-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: pc's funny

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    simple question why do you work out with him? i used to work out with a friend of mine who i know for 6 years.. he wasnt as dedicated and i told him that.. he didnt say anything but okay.. and now i either work out by myself or i ask someone around to spot me..

good question, well i supose u know how it is when uve know the guy since childhood and everytime hes like when u got to the gym take me, but im gonna tell him when i see him tomorrow, that i cant get anywhere with him

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    dont tell him off tho.. explain to him what hes doing wrong and he dont step up its the end.. or better yet next time your doing shoulder presses and hes posing drop the wieght on his foot and be like oh sh,it i thought you had me man?!

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I work out by myself. If I really feel a need a spot I ask one of the guys kicking around. I prefer solo workouts anyway - I get done faster, less bull****, no talking, and can fully immerse myself in my own little world. Once I put my headphones on I am 100% focused and that's the way I like it.

lol that would be good, i know ur telling me to cut my ties but its time to ditch him, ill only have to ask ppl 4 help in the gym, if im in it im in it all the way and i dont need no one holding me back

Quote Originally Posted by wannabmassive
    lol that would be good, i know ur telling me to cut my ties but its time to ditch him, ill only have to ask ppl 4 help in the gym, if im in it im in it all the way and i dont need no one holding me back
    That's the attitude

i only pray that my enthesuisam (spelling) will carry on! i know where i wanna be, i know how to get there, i need to stay on the right path and hopefully with all my might ill stay commited.

i hope i dont see him untill summer cus i'm hoping to be where i wanna be at that time MASSIVE

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think it's any spotter's responsibility to count reps... just to make sure you're safe. He didn't do that, and you shoud've dropped the dumbell on his foot.

yeah, but i was too busy trying to protect my nose from braking again! i kno wht u mean by conunting reps... but this guy dont make sure im safe so at least he can count 4 me!!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, but i was too busy trying to protect my nose from braking again! i kno wht u mean by conunting reps... but this guy dont make sure im safe so at least he can count 4 me!!!
    I just go until i can't do anymore, every set except warmups.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I just go until i can't do anymore, every set except warmups.
    thats what I do chris.

wannabe, just explain to him what you want done. Tell him how its gonna be

i only pray that my enthesuisam (spelling) will carry on! i know where i wanna be, i know how to get there, i need to stay on the right path and hopefully with all my might ill stay commited.
    Hopefully stay committed? Wrong attitude if you want to get big brotha! You have to know you're going to be in there busting ass, never missing a session. You have to be as sure of that as you're positive that you'll get up and take a piss tomorrow morning. You don't even think about it, you just do it. No more of this 'hopefully' attitude, it's just not the way to get big...

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Thats some scary ****...and you say he spots you for squats also? I would definitely rethink about finding a new training partner or like Polska says about training solo.
    I never thought I'd be able to train solo, and I've come a long way since I've been training by myself.. I'm actually more motivated because I know I'm the only one who is responsible for me showing up and putting in my 110%... No one else but me! Sometimes when people have a partner they tend to slack a little, (don't get me wrong not everyone), but I feel if you are a determined self motivated person, then solo isn't always such a bad idea.... You can always find a spot....just stay away from those narcissus type people and you'll do be better in the long run..JMO

ps, I've had a barbell bust right on my face while I had a spot when I was doing decline bench, and he wasn't paying attention..just like you, he was looking at himself in the mirror. I was so scared I had lost my teeth, but I was very fortunate that I had Julia Roberts lips for a week. (true story)

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I lift by myself or accaisionally with one of my football buddys... I dont like to lift down to another persons level of potential when im that much stronger then them.. I feel i push my self more by myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Babyweight
    Thats some scary ****...and you say he spots you for squats also? I would definitely rethink about finding a new training partner or like Polska says about training solo.
    I never thought I'd be able to train solo, and I've come a long way since I've been training by myself.. I'm actually more motivated because I know I'm the only one who is responsible for me showing up and putting in my 110%... No one else but me! Sometimes when people have a partner they tend to slack a little, (don't get me wrong not everyone), but I feel if you are a determined self motivated person, then solo isn't always such a bad idea.... You can always find a spot....just stay away from those narcissus type people and you'll do be better in the long run..JMO

ps, I've had a barbell bust right on my face while I had a spot when I was doing decline bench, and he wasn't paying attention..just like you, he was looking at himself in the mirror. I was so scared I had lost my teeth, but I was very fortunate that I had Julia Roberts lips for a week. (true story)
    yeah ur right, i did find it scary training on my own but i went yesterday and banged out a heavy sestion, i was on flat bench and i felt my arms go on the 6th rep, i had to use all my power and energy to move that weight away from chest or else id have been hurt! it was an incerdable feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    Hopefully stay committed? Wrong attitude if you want to get big brotha! You have to know you're going to be in there busting ass, never missing a session. You have to be as sure of that as you're positive that you'll get up and take a piss tomorrow morning. You don't even think about it, you just do it. No more of this 'hopefully' attitude, it's just not the way to get big...

man! the ammount of encouragment u gave me is unbeliveable thanks for giving me a kick up the back side,

Thread Information