partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

NYE: it's almost PARTY time!!!!

yeah yeah !!take that bitch!!take that!!!woohoo!!

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Are you hitting a club for NY? I bought tickets for Crobar last night.

BluEyedClubr is offline Associate Member
    Got my tickets for Peters .... not goin till afterhours though...

Quote Originally Posted by BluEyedClubr
    Let me know how it is. I can't get with the idea of JP being 18+. I'm going to Crobar for Victor. We're going after hours, around 9-10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Let me know how it is. I can't get with the idea of JP being 18+. I'm going to Crobar for Victor. We're going after hours, around 9-10am.
    I know what you mean with the 18+ thing... but the last few months at SF were gettin that way anyway... it was all lil kiddies gettin in there anymore...

I'm going with a HUGE group of friends so thats all that mattas... and since he hasn't played in front of a crowd that big in ova a month I'm hopin he RIPS it up

Danielle is offline Female Member

yeh........let me know how it was too.........i decided not to go.......i just cant spend my days in clubs anymore, i guess.........

would like to see everyone tho........i feel like i've been MIA for a while............oh well.......theres always next time
    Last edited by Danielle; 12-30-2003 at 02:24 PM.
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I dont really feel like bein in a mob.... I just dont feel like dealing with the crack head crowd... But who knows.. My plans are not set in stone so... A bunch of my freinds r goin to exit so i might hit it up late night with them but its not def yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    .... I just dont feel like dealing with the crack head crowd... ...
    exactly!........i cant put myself in that environment anymore.......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    man, i wish i was in nyc for the biggest party of the year, im sure partyboy, carlos, and blue will hold it down for those of us wishing! Have a good time, be SAFE
    -Cy

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    yeh........let me know how it was too.........i decided not to go.......i just cant spend my days in clubs anymore, i guess.........

would like to see everyone tho........i feel like i've been MIA for a while............oh well.......theres always next time
    I haven't been in the mood to party in the "LARGE" clubs in a while either...

I think this is gonna kinda be my retirement party girl... wish u were gonna be there... I've always wondered what JP would sound like at Exit since I USED to like it so much there...

It just ain't the same no more...

I'll be spendin most of my nites out in bars and just in SurfClub/ Temps in the summa time...

You'll def be missed.... haven't seen you out since UnderWear Party... If you get dragged out late def look for me...

I haven't been in the mood to party in the "LARGE" clubs in a while either...

I think this is gonna kinda be my retirement party girl... wish u were gonna be there... I've always wondered what JP would sound like at Exit since I USED to like it so much there...

It just ain't the same no more...

I'll be spendin most of my nites out in bars and just in SurfClub/ Temps in the summa time...

You'll def be missed.... haven't seen you out since UnderWear Party... If you get dragged out late def look for me...
    Same for me. I haven't been clubbing forever. Almost a year. I'm making an appearance for New Years. I have friends who haven't seen me since 20-30 pounds ago. I just love the reaction I get from people. "Bro you got huge!!!"

I haven't gone to Surf Club. How is it?

Surf club is good... Its def chill, temps is good to but like i said before I have been consetrating on being healthy and stayin away from that crack head scene... Some places are hard to go and not take part in the crack head events if u know what i mean.....

Neptunessssssssssssssss........................heh eheh....... .........sorry, had the urge.........i cant wait for the summer

Neptunessssssssssssssss........................heh eheh....... .........sorry, had the urge.........i cant wait for the summer
    Haven't been to Neptunes either. Maybe I'll check them both out this summer.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Somebody's in a good mood..........or high(again)........have fun PBNYC.......and all other members that live there.

Neptunes is better than surfclub in my opinion......

BluEyedClubr, do you have a review of JP's party?

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I'll go to the par-tay!

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I'll go to the par-tay!

Is your name BluEyedClubr?

havent spoken to him yet..........going to tell him to check the board..........spoke to alot of other people tho.........they said JP spun one of the best sets he ever has...........(a little pissed i missed that)......but otherwise the place was a madhouse they said, over an hour for coat check, the crowd was kind of young and not that much of a good looking crowd.....and suppossely the bouncers were assholes.....and the place was dirty as hell......the bathrooms werent cleaned for 24 hours..........ewwwwwwww.............suppossely JPs gonna be there again for his b-day........ grrrrrrrrrr...........i hate Exit........

how was crobar/

havent spoken to him yet..........going to tell him to check the board..........spoke to alot of other people tho.........they said JP spun one of the best sets he ever has...........(a little pissed i missed that)......but otherwise the place was a madhouse they said, over an hour for coat check, the crowd was kind of young and not that much of a good looking crowd.....and suppossely the bouncers were assholes.....and the place was dirty as hell......the bathrooms werent cleaned for 24 hours..........ewwwwwwww.............suppossely JPs gonna be there again for his b-day........ grrrrrrrrrr...........i hate Exit........

how was crobar/
    We all hate Exit. I wanted to go to JP's birthday but not if it's in that **** hole. I talked to a few people and I was told the 2nd floor single bathrooms over flowed and when you walked through the hall you waded through crap on the floor. The staff didn't clean it up. Heard it was insanely hot, no AC. Also, the coat check line was so long security was ripping people off charging $20 for "express coat check." The bar charged insane amounts for drinks. Over $30 for 2 shots and a bottle of water.

I went to Crobar from 11am-3pm. Security made us wait outside for 5 minutes for no reason. When they let us in we didn't get searched, not even a pat down. We went right in. I guess they made us wait to make it appear as if there was a line. (retarded)

We walked in to a very mixed crowd. Different sections of the club were either gay or straight. The main floor being gay and the mezzanine and other sections straight. Everyone got along. The music (Victor) very good. The sound system excellent. I like the train horn. IT WAS SO ****ING LOUD!!! The lights were good, to bright at times. They had these bright white lights that would flash. They were so bright I could feel the heat from them on my skin. I was looking up at decorations when they flashed and I was blinded for like a minute. I was saying to my friends. I can't see ****, those lights... I'm blind, I can't see ****. Another cool thing the lights are like theater lights and they can lower and raise. At one point they lowered them to head height and it gave the feeling you were in a very small club or bar. When the music changed they raised them back up and you could see how large of a space you were in. It was pretty cool. They also had the freeon spray thing that would spray and freeze the entire dance floor. I guess that's to keep all of the crackheads from over heating. They also had a foam snow machine over the main dance floor, I didn't like that. No telling what chemicals they use to make the foam.

Security is very laid back. I have a friend who sells "party favors" and I was watching him sell with a security guard 3 feet away from him. The security guy just watched, he didn't do anything. My friend actually delivered gear to someone at Crobar. That had me rolling. We didn't see very many people using out in the open which is good. I really hate that.

When you were there did you happen to notice the cloths line over the main bar with under wear hanging from it? Where did that come from? It looked like the bartenders were doing laundry while working. Speaking of the bar, I was pissed off. I asked and they didn't make protein shakes. How they hell can they have an after hours club full of people who workout and not sell protein bars and shakes?

Over all it's a beautiful space. It was packed but the energy of the crowd was weird. Very low key. It's like people didn't know how to act. It could be because the party was mixed. I saw lots of old friends I haven't seen in years from Twilo and recognized a lot of faces from Twilo. We all had a good time. I left at 3pm and the party was still going.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 01-02-2004 at 06:47 PM.

We all hate Exit. I wanted to go to JP's birthday but not if it's in that **** hole. I talked to a few people and I was told the 2nd floor single bathrooms over flowed and when you walked through the hall you waded through crap on the floor. The staff didn't clean it up. Heard it was insanely hot, no AC. Also, the coat check line was so long security was ripping people off charging $20 for "express coat check." The bar charged insane amounts for drinks. Over $30 for 2 shots and a bottle of water. .

that is exactly what i heard from everyone........i know wayyy into afterhours it gets grimy.....but ****, clean it up!!!..........thats ****ing gross......

told ya, Crobar was very mixed.......at least Victor was good.....not that **** i heard when i went..........so you had a good time overall?.................no protein shakes?!!??!?!......... .....lol........how can do such a thing?............

. "When you were there did you happen to notice the cloths line over the main bar with under wear hanging from it? Where did that come from? "

i did not notice that....maybe just they put it up for new years?!?.......

i liked that white tunnel thing you had to walk thur to get to the main floor....with the purple and blue lights shining up.......lol.......i felt like i was in a music video........i kept on walking thur it............

that is exactly what i heard from everyone........i know wayyy into afterhours it gets grimy.....but ****, clean it up!!!..........thats ****ing gross......

told ya, Crobar was very mixed.......at least Victor was good.....not that **** i heard when i went..........so you had a good time overall?.................no protein shakes?!!??!?!......... .....lol........how can do such a thing?............

. "When you were there did you happen to notice the cloths line over the main bar with under wear hanging from it? Where did that come from? "

i did not notice that....maybe just they put it up for new years?!?.......

i liked that white tunnel thing you had to walk thur to get to the main floor....with the purple and blue lights shining up.......lol.......i felt like i was in a music video........i kept on walking thur it............
    It's a great space. The white tunnel is pretty cool. When you walked in did you notice the Bamboo right before the tunnel? I'm not sure if the under wear on the cloths line had anything to do with the theme of the NYE party. It was a strip show. Woman dancing half naked with feathers. From the people I talked to who have gone since the opening they said the club has come a long way and gotten their **** together. The staff is very nice, security polite. Hopefully the crowd will stay mixed and NY can have another club like the old Twilo/Arena days. I don't do drugs and I didn't see very many people doing it out in the open which I thought was good. When I used to go to SF I felt like I was in a crack house.

As far as the protein shakes ... that's a big issue for me. I called the club and left a message for management suggesting they start selling shakes.

Happy New Year People...

Carlos - What's up bro... here's my review...

Danielle - I TRIED to call u on way home that night but you were probably passed out ... haha

Got there @ 4am - waited on line till bout 5am.... LINE WAS RIDICULOUS!! I heard it only got worse as the day went on...

THERE WAS NO SEARCH... which was really WEIRD for Exit... usually they are horrible there - full nut grab and all...
    Then coat check took a lil over an hour as well... but b/w 6-7am it was time to party!

The morning hours were VEYR ****ING HOT... i was soaked all morning... but no problem b/c I'm used to being like that at SF too spending most of my time on the main floor at SF...

I spent most of my morning at Exit on 2nd Floor chillin by the couches and dancin in the walkway with friends. Place was PACKED!! Crowd was ehhh... but honestly I wasn't there to meet girls.. I'm done meeting club girls - they usually too shady. I was there to spend NYE with my close friends since I choose this to be my final time partying "HARD" (you know what i mean).

Around 9am I headed down to the main floor where me and my friends found an empty corner by the Protein Juice Bar and I danced my ass off most of the morning down there... Bumped into a good girl-friend of mine and her friend, got to see her new BOOBIE JOB, and watched them embaress some guys in the circles...

Spent some time in the White ROOM and by 2nd Floor Bar too on and off through the day...

Honestly - Peters Ripped it up... I was glad I went. I don't regret goin at all. I heard he played "ALL THIS TIME" at 12am... I kinda figured he was going to... he played it again lata in the mornin too. I got to hear my favs.... "Goin Thru It", "Boots", "I'm Here", "Gay or Straight", and a lot of otha oldies.

To be honest... I don't know it it's the best set I eva heard b/c honestly it wasn't SF. I miss SF Main Dance Floor... I miss it bein dark... it was too bright in Exit for me. But YES he did rip it up the WHOLE time... not really any fillers at all which was so good to me...

By Noon it wasn't that bad in there. It was as comfortable as an old SF Theme Party in the afternoon. The crowd started to look more like a SF crowd in the afternoon which I figured it would. The morning crowd was VERY touristy which I suspected. Lots of room to dance later in the afternoon which was good. I spent a lot of time in the afternoon on the roof which wasn't too cold.

I had to leave at 6pm because my buddy got al lil too mangled and kept feelin nautious. I heard he closed at 9pm b/c his back hurt he said. He was supposed to spin till 2am or 4am January 2nd but he ended it early...

Wow.. that long enough? Did I leave anything out? Haha...

Oh yeah...

And as far as bathrooms... I didn't see the overflow on 2nd Floor... musta missed it...

They were nasty but then again I usually used the bathrooms by the 1st floor bar b/c they are usually CLEAN and they were.

I hear they had over 11,000 people in there... I know they stopped lettin people in during certain hours b/c they were too packed... and people coming in closer to noon were tellin me they were on line for around 2 hours... glad I went in earlier...

heyyy Ralph..........

sorry i missed out...............AGAIN........i've been so MIA for the past few months, i know.............i miss the old times........

all i want is a clean version of "all this time" and "gay or straight" and i will be the happiest bitch ever...............lol

hopefully.......he is NOT at Exit for his birthday.........then maybe i might make an appearance........

heyyy Ralph..........

sorry i missed out...............AGAIN........i've been so MIA for the past few months, i know.............i miss the old times........

all i want is a clean version of "all this time" and "gay or straight" and i will be the happiest bitch ever...............lol

hopefully.......he is NOT at Exit for his birthday.........then maybe i might make an appearance........
    Haha..you mean you don't like that muffled ****ty 3 minute clip of "All This Time" off someones phone... haha

I don't think he'll EVER release "Gay or Straight" and honestly... I hope JP never releases "All This Time" because I don't wanna overplayed like Reina or "In Your Eyes"....

I remember what it used to be like to hear "In Your Eyes" in SF back before JP released it .... God that was FOREVER ago... lol

Then people at work and stuff used to come up to me and be like "OMG I got the sickest song... listen to this..." and they used to play "In your Eyes" or "No Ones Gonna Chang You" and I'd laugh at them and tell them I'd been listening to the song for like 6 months... haha

How long "All This Time" been around now out in SF? Since like Spring 2003 right... now watch... Summer 2004 it's gonna be all ova the radio... haha and people will think it's the sickest new track and we'll be sick of it...

heyyy Ralph..........

I definitely want to go for his birthday party.

Do either of you have Gay or Straight? Can you send it to me?

Haha..you mean you don't like that muffled ****ty 3 minute clip of "All This Time" off someones phone... haha

I don't think he'll EVER release "Gay or Straight" and honestly... I hope JP never releases "All This Time" because I don't wanna overplayed like Reina or "In Your Eyes"....

I remember what it used to be like to hear "In Your Eyes" in SF back before JP released it .... God that was FOREVER ago... lol

Then people at work and stuff used to come up to me and be like "OMG I got the sickest song... listen to this..." and they used to play "In your Eyes" or "No Ones Gonna Chang You" and I'd laugh at them and tell them I'd been listening to the song for like 6 months... haha

How long "All This Time" been around now out in SF? Since like Spring 2003 right... now watch... Summer 2004 it's gonna be all ova the radio... haha and people will think it's the sickest new track and we'll be sick of it...
    I remember going to 2002 anniversary party and JP playing the remix of Alicia Keys forever. I was thinking to myself, he's played this for at least 30 mins. The next day when I talked to a friend of mine he said JP looped the track for over an hour.

Thread Information