lightweight is offline New Member

Just a few ???'s

hello, everybody I am new here. I just turned 21 recently, and now I am starting to wonder if I am gonna ever gain any weight. I have lifted for about 2 and a half years now and my max bench is 215. I weigh about 160, and would like to see 180-190. I have amazing metabolism. I was taking in arounnd 4-5000 calories a day and did that for 6 months and had no gains in mass or size. I did see very good gains in strengh. I also eat 5 meals a day. I lift everyday, in the morning. Is that to much? I do sets of 4 sets with 8-10 reps on pretty much everything I do. I am looking for something more or less over the counter, that will show me some gains in my mass and size. Everone I lift with says it will come, but I haven't seen SH!T... please help.

Black Stang is offline Associate Member
    I think if you are lifting everyday, you are over training your muscles. You need to give them time to recover, and grow. Work each muscle group once a week. I think you will be pleased with the results. Also make sure you get plenty of protein in your diet.

By the way, welcome to the board bro!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you tried some creatine Bro.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Your Metab will slow down..... Unless your some kind of freak.
    Don't lift everyday. Like Stang said. Don't over train.
    PM one of the mods, or make a post in the "work out" forum.

M

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    the first problem i see is that you're working in the 8-12 rep range. if you really want to gain weight, pyramid with reps in teh range of 8-6-4-2. work on strength and size

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Take a week out and rest..Then when you start again go back to basics for a month...
    BENCH PRESS
    DEADLIFT
    SQUATS

Do them all monday wednesday and friday..3 sets of 10 and try and up the poundage each week......

IT dont sound a lot but it works.....AND WELCOME BRO...

lightweight is offline New Member
    I am taking betagen and creatine on the side of that. I have been also taking adrostien. Something like that I hope. I work a different part of my body each day that I lift. I do take protien shakes and stuff also. I s there any thing that will put mass on me quicker? I have a very hard time gaining any weight but I do keep getting stonger tahts for sure. I also bike any where from 80-100 miles a week. Anyone... please some advice on supplements.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Well to be honest with you if you are biking that much you will struggle to gain weight......YOU NEVER SEE A FAT MARATHON RUNNER........

Thread Information