dreamache is offline Junior Member

Some questions about becoming a fitness trainer

What does it pay on average? And, what is the best way to go about becoming a certified fitness trainer? 4 yr college programs? or are there any specialized schools just for fitness and such?

thanks..

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard if you get your certification, i don't know which is better because there are a few... but the highest rates are in NYC, South Florida, and Los Angeles...otherwise just keep on making ends meet with what you are doing now... cause the pay is not worth a sh!t... NYC is upwards of 200 if not more an hour, thats not too bad to teach some dipsh!t to curl a dumbell

decadbal is offline Banned
    im cert. by the ISSA. which is a upper level one, good stuff they teach if you never dealt with any health in life or school. the pay is what you make it. i work alot with it, so i make very good. i wont complain at all bc of the work, althought older ppl tend to wanna pay more, and fat women, they also. good luck bro

Bevo is offline Junior Member
    i'm ISSA...go to www.fitnesseducation.com...its pretty expensice to get certified, but once you are you can make **** good money...if you work for a gym can make around 20-40/hour, (maybe more), but if work independant can make more and pick clients...cool cause you can schedule your own hours though...good luck...

dreamache is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevo
    i'm ISSA...go to www.fitnesseducation.com...its pretty expensice to get certified, but once you are you can make **** good money...if you work for a gym can make around 20-40/hour, (maybe more), but if work independant can make more and pick clients...cool cause you can schedule your own hours though...good luck...
    nice, I see there are approximately 10 different ceritifaction programs with ISSA... say for example if someone were to be certified by ALL 10 of those programs, would the average gym hire you? or are there usually other important factors when it comes to gyms hiring fitness trainers... I imagine your own physicality helps (which I'll have no problem in), and a college degree in fitness related fields?

See, I want to know because I'm developing a new online fitness service (i'm a programmer/designer) and I want to be certified and really know my stuff so I can market it easier. And possibly land a job on the side as a fitness trainer.

Thanks...

Thread Information