Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member

The invasion has begun......

Yep, it's that time of year at the gym. When every fat, flabby, pencil armed old guy in the world decides to make a "new year's resolution" to get in shape......and totally get in the way.

Something must be special about this year, because I have never seen so many of these guys. I've seen more sweaty dress socks and varicose veins this week than I've seen my whole life!

Now don't get me wrong....good for them, IF they have decided to make a change in lifestyle. Thing is, 99% of them will be gone by March. Is it March yet?

Oh well, at least it's just for a little while....

-LH

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Oh hell man...The invasion for me began DECEMBER!!! All these old , terribly out of shape fat people...Hogging up all the dumbbells, using the incline bench as a preacher curl stand, taking up the squat bars and curling them!!! AHHH!!!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    yup, my gym is full of 'em too. but you're right, good for them... now get the hell out of my way!!

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous

Now don't get me wrong....good for them, IF they have decided to make a change in lifestyle. Thing is, 99% of them will be gone by March. Is it March yet?

-LH

just in time for the spring brakers who want to get huge and riped in 2 weeks. gotta love those people

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    just in time for the spring brakers who want to get huge and riped in 2 weeks. gotta love those people

...I was a spring breaker when I was in 14,

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    THANK GOD my gym is private and I don't have to put up with that stupid bull shyt

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Oh hell man...The invasion for me began DECEMBER!!! All these old , terribly out of shape fat people...Hogging up all the dumbbells, using the incline bench as a preacher curl stand, taking up the squat bars and curling them!!! AHHH!!!
    If you're using the same weight dumbells as them, then you've got bigger problems than dealing with new years resolution people.

Yeah, at least these old guys are MOSTLY on the cardio equipment.

The kiddos are the ones that curl 55 lbs in the squat rack and scream with every rep....LOL

-LH

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    ...I was a spring breaker when I was in 14,
    Now that you're 15 what are you?

Yeah, at least these old guys are MOSTLY on the cardio equipment.

The kiddos are the ones that curl 55 lbs in the squat rack and scream with every rep....LOL

-LH

i luv them, 6 foot tall 150 lbs, sporting the wife beater, and walking like they are coleman himself. i look forward to these people to make me laugh in the gym, but if they get in my way, id probaly eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_4446
    THANK GOD my gym is private and I don't have to put up with that stupid bull shyt
    I don't have that luxury, unfortunately. Only 2 gyms within an hour drive from here. The Golds where I train, and some "other" place.....that looks like a cattle pen full of cardio bunnies and pink weights.....

I do however have one hell of a home gym. But not nearly enough room or equipment for serious leg work. But I do have a power rack, benches, cables, leg press/hack, full set of dumbells, about 3000lbs of olympic weights, etc. A good get away sometimes. Plus I can crank old Pantera at full power whenever I need extra juice

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    If you're using the same weight dumbells as them, then you've got bigger problems than dealing with new years resolution people.

good one chris. hey hoss, dont you hate it when all the 15 lbs dumbells are taken, espacialy when you have a hankering to curl them. J/K

i luv them, 6 foot tall 150 lbs, sporting the wife beater, and walking like they are coleman himself. i look forward to these people to make me laugh in the gym, but if they get in my way, id probaly eat them.
    Nahh, I need more protein than that. Heh.

-LH

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    man you dont even have any idea.. my gym is small to begin with then there are thoes who take all the 30< dB's the rest takes one of 30> and try's to curl them with both arms.. then are thoes who sweat allllllll over the cardio equipment.. i mean alll over it **** looks like it was out on the rain.. and the locker room.. god no...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The invasion has begun......-deargod.jpg  

mfenske is offline Member
    Uggh! I overheard the guy at the counter last night and he said that 33 new members signed up that day alone Seeing as it was Monday I was okay though as I was doing legs and most of the newbies haven't grasped the concept that there are other muscle groups than chest and biceps. Like Humungous said, most will be gone by March. If you can workout in the morning that will help too. Mark

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i feel like taking some whey and throwing and the 6'3 150 lbs monsters seeing if it burns..

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you guys have to wait until march? at my place they're usually gone by the middle of feb.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    you guys have to wait until march? at my place they're usually gone by the middle of feb.
    What can I say? Our new years resolutioners are a dedicated group...they'll make it to march before the cheesecake and the couch call them home!

-LH

shootdeep is offline Member
    at least most of them are adults with a little common sense and some respect for others. its the kids after school that act like TOTAL idiots that really piss me off....like the ones that bumped into me while squatting a couple of months ago. anyway, don't worry about the new year resolutioners....they'll be done by february.

Gilster is offline Member
    My gym was actually pretty empty this morning. I was really surprised to see it like it was. I expected the big early year crowd and instead I got nice and empty. Tuesday is usually the busiest day of the week. Maybe they all gave up early this year....lol...I wish

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I'm amazed I've not noticed ant new members at my gym.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I don't have that luxury, unfortunately. Only 2 gyms within an hour drive from here. The Golds where I train, and some "other" place.....that looks like a cattle pen full of cardio bunnies and pink weights.....

I do however have one hell of a home gym. But not nearly enough room or equipment for serious leg work. But I do have a power rack, benches, cables, leg press/hack, full set of dumbells, about 3000lbs of olympic weights, etc. A good get away sometimes. Plus I can crank old Pantera at full power whenever I need extra juice

-LH

I'm very lucky. my gym is college students only, so you always see the same ppl

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    defiantely the worst time of year to be in the gym...well and right before summer...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I’ve a gym here where I work and every year it’s the same thing, right after the holidays everyone makes a mad rush to get in shape. Granted within a month or so it’ll be back to those of us who do it year round but I have noticed after each passing year that one, maybe even two, turn into a regular.

I don’t mind all the new people so much. It’s the fact that they don’t know much or anything about gym etiquette. For a gym such as mine this problem gets solved by us regulars after a little while but I have no idea how you bros deal with it in the public gyms.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    thursday morning, me and my partner were in between sets and i started pointing out to him all the people he would never see again, i swear, one guy came in, spent 5 minutes stretching his arms, did two sets on the pec deck and walked out, what an assclown!

Thread Information