Thread: Banks!!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

Banks!!

Drove to the bank at lunchtime and went to draw some cash out.The women was really snotty and looked at me as if I was taking money out of her account.I drew out £500 and she said "Are you sure thats the amount you want to draw" looking down at me.I wanted say "What the f**k has it got to do with you just give me the bloody money,afterall I,m the one who puts it there.

It then made me want to ask this question

Why do banks treat you strange when you draw money out paying in they are all happy and smiles take it out and they have a face like a spanked arse.(Never seen one but been told what one looks like )

Hmm what can I moan about next?

Jenna is offline Female Member
    My opinion on that is that people that are rude are people that are miserable in their own lives. That lady that was rude to you at the bank was probably mad because her account was OVERDRAWN !!

Cheer up and feel sorry for the rude people out there. They are just miserable folks jealous of anyone else's happiness.

Misery loves company.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Jenna
    My opinion on that is that people that are rude are people that are miserable in their own lives. That lady that was rude to you at the bank was probably mad because her account was OVERDRAWN !!

Cheer up and feel sorry for the rude people out there. They are just miserable folks jealous of anyone else's happiness.

Misery loves company.
    I couldn't agree with this statement more Jenna...I sense a little bit of jealous on that bank ladies part.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Since Sept 11th you can't even take out a money order without
    telling them who it's for, I'm talking there full name, next they'll
    want there address and horoscope, and what kind of car they drive?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You are lucky..I havent even got £20 in the bank...

georgie24 is offline Member

im a teller at a bank

since i work for a bank i can relate to this question..

this always happends to me it will be right b4 we close and someone wants like 800.00 in twenties so i have to fill out a cash order and get a minimum of 2000.00 from the vault.
    then when i get the cash from the vault it has to be verified by hand then run through the machine 2000.00 dollars in twenties is one hundred twenty dollar bills, so i count their portion and put the rest in my drawer 10 minutes later i have to count the whole drawer down including the twenties

dude she prolly was low on cash or was mad she had to work

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Re: im a teller at a bank

Originally posted by geometric1

dude she prolly was low on cash or was mad she had to work

That no excuse weres the customer care....

primodonna is offline Female Member
    If you have ever worked in any form of customer service job, you would know they are some of the hardest jobs to work in...i don't care if you're getting paid minimum wage or getting a good salary...if you deal with people all day long, your patience wears thin eventually...

I'm not excusing bad or rude behavior, but you can tolerate people more if you've been in their shoes

Same goes with waiters/waitresses...everyone should have to work a few months being one so they understand what it's like and aren't assholes when it takes a minute too long to get their drinks (or whatever) when they go out to eat
    What happens here, stays here

georgie24 is offline Member

Re: Re: im a teller at a bank

Originally posted by bexsome

That no excuse weres the customer care....

i agree with 100 percent but like primo said working with the public has pros and cons

here is a mini list i came up with
    pros
    meet different people
    meet opposite sex
    meet contacts or potential contacts
    depending witch career your in extra... respect from the public

some cons

sometimes your integrity is at stake
    people can often disrespect
    people are under the impression that we are there to be their slave and punching bag
    when you deal with the public your dealing with people who sometimes are mentally ill making your position alot more irritable

I guess all your views are right.....here it comes......but THEY choose that job they get paid to do THAT job and when I use a service that I PAY for I expect some common decency and some politeness.I have worked with customers on their machines and there is nothing worse than a guy who has just spent £250,000 on a machine and it went wrong in transit and he is calling you,the company every name under the sun.I want to punch his lights out but I don,t I smile and I,m polite.Afterall I am representing myself and my company and of course THE CUSTOMER IS GOD without the customer you don,t have a company to run!!!

defdaz is offline Associate Member

yup

Agree with billy boy... I used to be in direct sales and if I had ever been rude to a customer or not been 100% polite I would have been out on my ear straight away.

There's no room for anything other than 100% professionalism when you are in a customer facing role. If you can't cope with customers shouting at you etc. then you need to change jobs. I'm not saying this is bad, just that customer facing jobs have very specific requirements that need to be met if you are to do a good job.

One funny call I had was when a lady rang me up to tell me that her new 19" monitor had been delivered. Great, except that the delivery man had carried it to the top of her garden path and then set the box down before rolling the box end over end all the way to her door!!

She wasn't in the best frame of mind, lol!!

def

Cali is offline Female Member
    [email protected]'t imagine seeing someone "roll" my monitor to my door...

I have been in customer service for a long time and I've run across some complete asses and after a couple years I realized it always seems to help to kill 'em with kindness. I had a guy call who was just being as rude as he could possibly could and by the end of his call he was laughing. Even called back to say that he had to tell me he was ready to just chew somebody's ass and ended up feeling pretty good when he hung up. Then said that it didn't matter what I was getting pd., they weren't paying me enough because I was too good for my job. I of course relayed the message to the boss....didn't get a raise though. I was having a good day that day...bragged all day and here I am again!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Anybody that serves me better give me pleasant service or I'll let them have it (verbally). I worked in customer service and I know that it can be mentally draining, but I wasn't a lazy ass about my job and I gave customers excellent service no matter how I felt. That was my job and I did it properly.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Anybody that serves me better give me pleasant service
    way too easy

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    LOL, I meant that I take it personally when people act like I am inconveniencing them. Is that better?

Much

KeyMastur is offline VET

Re: Banks!!

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    I drew out £500
    Is that a lot of money ? What's the conversion to US dollars?

About $740 I think ......not that much wish it was more

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have a bank story for you

two years ago my gf and i went to the bank and withdrew 26k over three days.they would only let us take out 12 and change at a time.so i was pissed because i earned that fucking $$ and now i had to wait for it!!!!but the worst part of the whole experience is the look we were getting from the bitch associate of the bank.she looked at us like we were some uppity spoiled bastards, which anyone who knows me knows that sooo far off the truth, i am totally not like that.i was so pissed.nothing pisses off old people who are broke more than young people w/ $$$.you would have thought i robed the bank of 26k the way they looked at us.fuck ignorant people BB.jealousy and envy will get them no where.just closer to a cell next to me in hell,haha

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Cali and Excess - totally agree... in CS you make your job easier by being 100% polite and professional - true for most jobs maybe??

def

Thread Information