redrock is offline Member

Getting back to the gym is a b*tch!

So I cracked my L5 vertibre last june. I haven't really been able to wourkout since. I need to start doing cardio again because I know it will help my back. How many of you are trying to get back into the gym? It's tough as hell. I have gained about 20lbs. I look like crap. Oh well, protein drinks, bland chciken and early mornings here I come!!! RR

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    i am just getting back into it....i broke my hand and i havent been able to do much weight training at all...im finding it pretty tough to get back to it....im gonna be so sore for the next few days- thats forsure

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by redrock
    So I cracked my L5 vertibre last june. I haven't really been able to wourkout since. I need to start doing cardio again because I know it will help my back. How many of you are trying to get back into the gym? It's tough as hell. I have gained about 20lbs. I look like crap. Oh well, protein drinks, bland chciken and early mornings here I come!!! RR
    get your doc to do site injections of steroids and cortisone ..

it's the only thing that helped me after 2 years of rehab..
    Last edited by spywizard; 01-11-2004 at 09:10 PM.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    get your doc to do site injections of steroids and cotason (sp)...

it's the only thing that helped me after 2 years of rehab..
    i think he means cortisone...

it's always hard to get back into it, but what's the opposite? stop working out, get even fatter? look like crap and have health problems? or get back in, bust your ass, and take care of yourself...

I haven't had a layoff as long as yours, so I can't know exactly what you're going through...all I can do is empathize, knowing how I feel after smaller breaks (a few months due to injury, etc)...good luck getting back at it bro...and do whatever it takes to keep motivated...

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    RR, hang in there bro... it's worth it I promise. I just started back a month ago after a two month layoff to heal up my shoulder. it took three PAINFUL weeks of sucking wind and soreness before I got back into a rythme(sp). But it's worth it... I feel much better.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Same thing for me...i'm going back tomorrow after a 2 month lay off due to my shoulder injury.
    I guess I'll be sore as hell on tues :-(

Thread Information