Ok this is the pinnacle of STUPIDITY!!!

Then you wonder why the American justice system is clogged and inefficient... people who file claims like that should shot, pissed on and publicly flogged.

http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/n...14044768.shtml

Man says he?s addicted to cable; wants to sue Charter

By Lee Reinsch
    the reporter [email protected]

Cable TV made a West Bend man addicted to TV, caused his wife to be overweight and his kids to be lazy, he says.

And he?s threatening to sue the cable company.

Timothy Dumouchel of West Bend wants $5,000 or three computers, and a lifetime supply of free Internet service from Charter Communications to settle what he says will be a small claims suit.

Dumouchel blames Charter for his TV addiction, his wife?s 50-pound weight gain and his children?s being ?lazy channel surfers,? according to a Fond du Lac police report.

Charter employees called police to the local office at 165 Knight?s Way the evening of Dec. 23 after Dumouchel showed up with a small claims complaint, reportedly intimidated an employee and made ?low-level threats? to employees? safety, according to a police report.

The report states Dumouchel gave an employee five minutes to get a supervisor to talk to him or their next contact would be ?in the ocean with the sharks.?

According to the report, Dumouchel told Charter employees he plans to sue because his cable connection remained intact four years after he tried to get it canceled.

The result was that he and his family got free cable from August of 1999 to Dec. 23, 2003.

?I believe that the reason I smoke and drink every day and my wife is overweight is because we watched TV every day for the last four years,? Dumouchel stated in a written complaint against the company, included in a Fond du Lac police report.

?But the reason I am suing Charter is they did not let me make a decision as to what was best for myself and my family and (they have been) keeping cable (coming) into my home for four years after I asked them to turn it off.?

According to the police report, Dumouchel called Charter to stop his cable service in August of 1999 and was taken off the billing but not the cable service.

In a written statement, he said he put the family TV in the basement in 1999 after he had called to get cable disconnected, but soon thereafter, his wife had moved it back and hooked up the cable connection, and it still worked.

He stated he ?made a deal? with her that ?she could watch TV as long as the cable worked.?

He then went back to Charter and asked that they disconnect his service, which they reportedly never did.

He stated that he called Charter several times to get the service disconnected for good because he felt it was addictive, according to the report.

Charter?s director of government and public relations for eastern Wisconsin, John Miller, says he doesn?t take the threat of a lawsuit seriously.

?Even though we consider our services to be a very powerful entertainment product, I don?t think it?s reached a medical level yet where it could be proved to be addictive,? Miller said.

?In our society, any kind of legal action shouldn?t come as a surprise to anyone,? he added.

Wisconsin Circuit Court records show no civil lawsuit papers filed in Dumouchel?s name.

Talk about a lazy POS...

Red

cb25 is offline Banned
    good lord...you know, we shouldn't be surprised anymore...but somehow, i always am...wow.

Swellin Guest
    Red, I hate it when folks that live in another country down things happening here...but **** it! You could not be any closer to the truth...these idiots should be dealt with in public.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    ****.........no one wants to get off their lazy ass and work for their money anymore............everyone wants sh!t for free........someone better tell them the world doesn't work like that............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

samoth is offline Member
    LOL! That's right by where I live. Didn't hear about that until now.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    ****.........no one wants to get off their lazy ass and work for their money anymore............everyone wants sh!t for free........someone better tell them the world doesn't work like that............
    Im afraid to say the world does work like this, but only if your born into money

Itīs like ronnie said, everyone wants to be a bb but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights (kinda the same thing).

The scary thing is that the epidemic of frivolous lawsuits is infecting Canada too... to a much lesser extent than the US, but still enough to hurt growth and development.

The only thing saving us here is that most (but not all, we got our morons here too) judges will throw out frivolous cases, and those who hear them here will allow only very small punitive settlements above and beyond actual expenses.

So if you sue McDonalds for "emotional trauma" because your coffee was served cold here, if it's not trown right out and you manage to win, you may get the $0.85 the coffee cost you back and thats all... you'll be lucky to get $100 in punitive dammage.

I believe thats the only thing preventing the frivolous lawsuit epidemic from spreading fast here. Our court system hasn't (yet!) turned into a "get rich quick" scheme.

Red

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    this guy is suing the cable company because hes addicted and wants to win free service?who do i sue for being addicted to AR? and can i get free juice out of it? wow some people...

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    no - what is pathetic is that he is suing them because they gave him free service

Thread Information