Shredz is offline Respected Member

What do u do to get youself pumped up for a set???

I go with the getting in the zone. I block everything out take a few deep breaths and give'er, my training partner always says the some stuff that seems to help me get those last 1 or 2 reps out.

When I am not able to work out with my training partner..some good music works well.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i "clear the mechanism" (what movie guys??)

Ironweb is offline Member
    Music is a good one. Disturbed or Pantera really gets me going. Unfortunatly I do not have a workout partner. Can not seem to get anyone to stick around.

One thing that really gets me is closing my eyes and seeing myself do it. I have a shirt that I iron on the same pic as your AV. When I wear it I put my head down open my eyes look at the pick on my chest and just go baby.

Right before I do the lift. I try to picture what my body looks like when I’m about to do it. I try to envision my muscles working during the set. When I’m able to establish that mind muscle connection, my lifts always go much better.

I give up Key Mastur, i've been racking my brain for 15 min trying to remember what movie it's from. Give me a hint. (Actor, what its about, anything)

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I start calling myself a pussy, a bitch, that if I can't get this shit up, I shouldn't even be in the gym. . .that I'm a disgrace to the human race if i can't rep out on it. . .also think of all the girls that will like the newly attained muscle when i go driving around town naked with the top down. That's what hard alky does to you. . .but hell i got some phone numbers out of it last night. . .(Hey I'm off cycle, I'm allowing a drinking session every month or so, i hate drinking but gosh damn it feels soo good)

Man am i getting off topic or what?!?! Arthur, I'm turning myself in, sentence me.

Originally posted by KeyMastur
    i "clear the mechanism" (what movie guys??)
    Wait, i've got it. For love of the Game. Right!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by THE BIG RED MACHINE

Wait, i've got it. For love of the Game. Right!
    correct.. !

YOU'VE GOTTA LEAVE THIS WORLD...

....AND GO INTO THE MENTAL WORLD...I HAVE MY HEADPHONES ON, HARD ROCK MUSIC PLAYING AND I ENVISION ANY GREAT WRESTLING MATCHES PAST/PRESENT WITH GREAT FEATS OF STRENGTH...LIKE HOGAN SLAMMING ANDRE THE GIANT, SNUKA OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE ON DON MORACO, WARRIOR MILITARY PRESSING HOGAN ABOVE HIS HEAD,FOLEY BEING THROWN OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE ON THE TABLE BELOW AND THROUGH THE CAGE ON THE MAT (SAME NITE) AND EVEN THE RETURN OF HHH. ANYWAYS ITS SO MENTAL THAT WHATEVER THOUGHTS YOU HAVE THAT CAN TAKE YOU OUT OF THIS MENTAL WORLD AND PUT YOU INTO A DIFF MENTAL WORLD WITH YOUR PHYSICAL BODY MOST TIMES GETS THE JOB DONE FOR ME..SOMETIMES WHEN I FINISH MY EYES ARE WATERY..

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i hold my breath until i feel my heart start beating fast. then i take a few deep breaths and go. i get an awesom adreniline rush before the set

Farmer is offline Member
    I yell out "light weight" like coleman and press the gym.

peace

Capital X is offline Associate Member

It is all in the music

I have been to a few pro shows in the last year and I have been inspired by some of the posing music the guys use. The theme song from Gladiator was a popular one at the Toronto Pro. I put on one of the powerful tracks and focus on the exercise I am doing. Having my music in my ears and blocking all the foolish conversation around me gives me the focus that I need. Not to mention when I am pumped I look huge and that puts me over the top.

Capital X

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i think about someone that i hate with a passion, and the situation that caused me to hate them. not very stress freindly, but it gets the job done and then some!

thumper is offline New Member
    I think of a time in high school when I overheard a girl that I liked say that I was scrawny.

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    Epi-pen!! Epi-pen!!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    epi pen...you have to be nuts...when we give that to people of the job that are having reactions..we bring them right to the hospital..not good bro..maybe try something else

TheGame826 is offline Member
    big poppa
    whered u get it?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by bigkev
    i think about someone that i hate with a passion, and the situation that caused me to hate them. not very stress freindly, but it gets the job done and then some!
    *Cough* TheGame *Hack* 2001 *Cough Cough*

justins82 is offline New Member
    i just visualize myself getting bigger, going into the "zone", nothing can distract or disturb me, each rep i complete i visualize in my mind my muscle just filling with blood and getting bigger and bigger

TheGame826 is offline Member
    hey papa pump

cough cough... thanks bro

Heh, it was just a joke.. but that's what powerlifters take right before competitions.. you know the world's strongest man shows and all that ?... well guess what they jack into their quads 2 minutes before hitting their weight.. = )

btw. those are readily available asthmatics (I think..?)

Err..sorry, people with allergies (ie. bees , fruits, vegetables, peanuts..)

Thread Information