mfenske is offline Member

Do you guys think caffeine negates creatine?

I have seen conflicting reports on this subject so I thought I would ask those that I trust the most. I am considering starting to supplement with creatine again, but I average about 32 oz of green tea every morning before working out and some days I have a diet Dr. Pepper (20 oz) or Low-Carb Monster (like Red Bull). Is this caffeine gonna take away any strength and size gains even if I still drink like 3 gallons of water a day like I do now? Thanks all. Mark

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say no, all caffeine effects is your heart rate, you might not hold as much water, but i don't think caffeine in your case (not a very high amount) would hender any gains from creatine

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine works really good until you buy it.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    Creatine works really good until you buy it.
    LOL.. I've heard this before...

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Conflicting studies on the topic..Some say the caffeine inhibits the effectiveness of creatine, others say it doesn't..I consume caffeine everytime I have used creatine and didn't really notice any loss of effectiveness..But who really knows..3 gallons of water is sure a hell of a lot of H2O...

Doc M

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    dang... Im I the only person who doesnt notice crap when taking creatine?

a guy asked the other day.. " how long before you notice any results?"

I was like... "ummmm a week..." LOL I guess I just take it because... HAHA

mfenske is offline Member
    Posted by Doc M - Yesterday at 09:00 PM-But who really knows..3 gallons of water is sure a hell of a lot of H2O...
    That's why I believe that my bladder is the strongest muscle in my body.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    some people don't get any benefit from it at all.. it all depends on your muscle's capacity to produce and utilize phosphocreatine. If your body isn't so hot at it, supplementation will work well for you.. however if you already have high muscle phosphocreatine levels, it won't help too much. Guys that are naturally strong and gain quickly tend to not benefit very much from creatine supplementation.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    some people don't get any benefit from it at all.. it all depends on your muscle's capacity to produce and utilize phosphocreatine. If your body isn't so hot at it, supplementation will work well for you.. however if you already have high muscle phosphocreatine levels, it won't help too much. Guys that are naturally strong and gain quickly tend to not benefit very much from creatine supplementation.
    Right. Let's not forget the caffeine is a diuretic. This means that without enough water it will force you to "piss out" creatine reserves.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    hey chris do ya think I should just forget about the creatine then? Im taking glutamine... but I'll continue taking that...

Im the kinda person you described..

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Right. Let's not forget the caffeine is a diuretic. This means that without enough water it will force you to "piss out" creatine reserves.
    my thought as well...i've seen studies that say the caffeine decreases the amount of exogenous creatine retained...not sure on the actual mechanism though...

cjp85 is offline Member
    I have read somewhere that it will still give you the same pumps from the high ATP levels resulting in strength, but the caffeine can keep the water from being forced into your muscle cells.

ultranyteg is offline Junior Member
    Long time ago, I used Creatine for about a year then I wanted to lose some weight so I added ephedrine and caffeine to the mix. After just a couple days, I noticed I couldn't bench press as much, and not as easy.

also, on the GNC website, they have some links to research done on the topic of creatine turning into some other useless compound once caffeine touchs it.

cjp85 is offline Member
    A lot of people dont consume enough Dihydrogen-oxide with creatine. It really helps

Thread Information