BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Is this sh*t for real ?..

I got this in an email from a friend. It was with a petition to close down this practice, now normally I never pay these types of emails any attention and certainly never pass them on. However this looks like it might be for real, have a look at this site and give me your opinions please.
    I can't believe this is legal in America, or anyother civilised country. I'll pass on the text of the email later.

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/bkintro.html

I'd appricate some input on this one guys.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    thats sick ****. i wanna kill those guys.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i seen that a few years ago, i belive its fake.. not 100% shure tho

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    That cant be real.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    No the cats in glasbottles arent fake, my mom has a friend that is very anti animal cruelty(sp) and she has talked about this. They are ****ing disgusting people.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    That's just ****ing crule............ I would love to meet these people and shove them into one of those jars.

MachZ is offline Member
    Totally fake.
    This was made up by a couple of twisted college guys for some type of joke.
    Its been around for a few years and even the SPCA and police looked into it but found it to be bogus.

Some people's children I tell ya.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I still want to see what the cat looks like after its done, but the pics they have you need to contact them to see the pics.

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I still want to see what the cat looks like after its done, but the pics they have you need to contact them to see the pics.

There are no pics. This is a hoax.

Here:

Origins: Bonsai kittens are not real. Nobody is making bonsai kittens. Nobody is selling equipment to help people make bonsai kittens. The Bonsai Kitten web site is a joke, not an actual promotion for the making of bonsai kittens. Investigations by law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have already determined no real cats were harmed in the creation of the pictures used on the Bonsai Kitten web site. Signing a petition to shut down the Bonsai Kitten web site will not prevent any kittens from being harmed, because no kittens were harmed in the first place.

It was all a joke, one which some say was in terribly poor taste. If that was your reaction, take comfort in the knowledge that many others thought the same.

How could you have known the Bonsai Kitten site was a satire despite its lack of "This is a joke!" banners emblazoned across it? Satire doesn't always announce itself as such (some feel that would ruin its humor), so in cases like this, one dusts off the common sense and aims it at the problem:

The process described is impossible -- animals so treated would die long before they could be "molded."

The web site offers no way to purchase the materials advertised -- a real commercial enterprise wouldn't build consumer interest through a flashy web site then fail to offer anything for sale.

"Bonsai Kitten" displays no actual pictures of the finished product -- there are no molded kittens on display.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    Well I'm glad I just read that it's a hoax, I was truely disturbed by those images.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate cats... but I'm glad it's a hoax... no excuse for torturing ANYTHING living...

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    phew man if that wasn't a joke the anti-cruelty to animal activists would have had another ally.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    thats sick ****. i wanna kill those guys.
    i still wouldnt mind...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I remember all of the uproar from this several years ago...it is just a joke.

Personally I laughed my as$ off at it from the beginning. Some people took it serious though and a big deal was made of it.

peace,

ttgb

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    It may be just a joke but Im SURE some people have tried it after seeing the web site. Thats what pisses me off. Just putting the idea in someones head makes someone else go and try it.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    If it is a hoax then where did my brother get his Bonsai kitty from? He has one on his shelf. Pretty calico brings out nice colors in a refractive blue glass. Put it on the window seal when the sun is out and it lights up the room. They seal up the 1/4 feeding hole niceless with liquid glass silicon. We wanted to break it open just to see what the inside was actually like but he said it cost way too much to break open.

Thread Information