Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    If "Big Bang"...What went "Bang"...If self deciding, self "Creating" Primortial soup "Colided" with matter...What Primortial Soup? What Matter?
    Good point!!!!

peace,

ttgb

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Answer=Creator, it's up to you to choose to be brave enough to accept it. I never wanted to, but I now do, and Freedom was my reward.
    BTW, you're All Friends regardless, please know that if nothing else.
    I couldn't agree more bro.

Believing in a God is hard for people, and even when you commit your life to Him sometimes you still have your doubts. Everyone wants to hold on to their physical life, even Christians do. It is so hard at times to quit holding on. I mean let's face it, the more we let go, God may want us to do something we don't really want to do. But when you let go and follow Him it's such a wonderful feeling. Knowing what I know now, I hate that I ever had doubts in the past. I don't really know what to say to others sometimes. I guess you either choose to believe or not to believe. I know that if you just spend some time praying and asking God to show you the way to Him, he will give you a path. If you choose to blame it on coincidence or take it as evidence of Him, that is a choice. But I can tell you right now, the things that He does, are not coincidences.

I hate to even say this because I don't want to sound like I am pressuring people. Please, please understand that no matter what you believe, I am a friend of yours. There are people on this thread that are completely confident that there is a loving, all-powerful God and then others give out various reasons why they think there isn't a God. Why do some throw out random guesses and hypothesis as to why God couldn't be the one behind it all, but the people who believe can look you square in the eye and know that there is a God in heaven? I have no doubts and I don't fear death or anything else that you can do to me in my physical life, my mind won't change. How confident are you in what you believe?

I'm sorry if I pushed it a little bit with what I said, but God is too important to me to sit here and pretend like I don't care about each of your salvations.

Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Hey Hoss. The thread is do you believe in god. He answered no need to back it up with facts. It's there belief right or wrong. You all know I believe in God and Jesus, can I not just believe with out explaining facts. The fact is I was saved by grace and not religion. So you can be saved with out religion. Religions have done a lot of damage in the past to Christianity but it has become a crutch for people not to believe. If you wonder if you can be saved without religion? yes you can. It is a gift from god called grace.
    Bingo Baby...that's what it's ALL about!
    I don't have "religion" I have a "relationship."

Note:
    Ever notice, no matter what anybody says, when they're stalled on the Train Track, and they can't get the door open, and that Train's a comin'......
    who gets the call??
    And don't lie, what's the point.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    I believe in God and worship him...and I don't go to church. Everytime I do...I get turned off by religion.

peace,

ttgb

I couldn't agree with you more...Maybe God's trying to point something out. Maybe He is trying to say we don't need to go to church to worship Him, because He is in everything. Everything is holy in it's own way , (with the exception of murderers and such) but God still loves them. So therefore, He may even be in them. God is everywhere, He is in everything, and He sees everything. So maybe even though we believe in Him and some of us like myself and ttgb don't go to church, He may be pointing out that it's okay to worship Him anywhere because He is in everything! Rather then some of us feeling obligated to go to church, we could to to a favorite/secret place you have, and be at peace with yourself and feel God's prescence, and pray as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I couldn't agree with you more...Maybe God's trying to point something out. Maybe He is trying to say we don't need to go to church to worship Him, because He is in everything. Everything is holy in it's own way , (with the exception of murderers and such) but God still loves them. So therefore, He may even be in them. God is everywhere, He is in everything, and He sees everything. So maybe even though we believe in Him and some of us like myself and ttgb don't go to church, He may be pointing out that it's okay to worship Him anywhere because He is in everything! Rather then some of us feeling obligated to go to church, we could to to a favorite/secret place you have, and be at peace with yourself and feel God's prescence, and pray as well.
    No, you don't HAVE to go to Church, many cannot. Paul worshiped in jail.
    Thieves were saved on a Cross. Daniel Prayed with Lions. Jonah in a Big Fish..LOL (By necessity!)
    However, the Bible has numerous passages concerning fellowship. And you won't grow and bare fruit when away from the vine. Going to Church ( a good church) Gives you much needed Structure, with a steady foundation, and something most of us fear, even resent, but need dearly...Accountability.
    And the more you go, the more you'll realize everyone in there are sinners, just like you....and you'll become comfortable, and more at peace, and after a while, you'll actually enjoy it! Even look forward to it.
    Try it..hey, you might die on Monday?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Mindless inanimate objects, matter, anti-matter, primortial Soup, whatever, did not, ever, at anytime, "Decide" to become "Organic" and "Create" "life"....it's simply preposturous, I'm not trying to offend anyone, it just is. You look at a Machine, even a simple one, and it's painfully obvious that someONE created it, and yet, usually out of convenience to set ourselves free from absolutes, choose to believe that something as infinately more complex in absolutely every way as the Universe, just randomly happen??? Please.
    This board isn't big enough, nor is any platform, to actually, efficently discuss such a topic that has survived the ages, so I leave you with this:
    If random, what, where, how, is the beggining? If "Big Bang"...What went "Bang"...If self deciding, self "Creating" Primortial soup "Colided" with matter...What Primortial Soup? What Matter?
    Even if you clean the slate of what took placec, or even when, where, and how, (forget the why, which is THE most important) and leave it open to just a Clean Slate Universe....What Universe did these "Happenings" take place in??
    Answer=Creator, it's up to you to choose to be brave enough to accept it. I never wanted to, but I now do, and Freedom was my reward.
    BTW, you're All Friends regardless, please know that if nothing else.
    Im gonna try now and explain my belifes better. I am a very bitter, self loathing depressed human beeing and there is nothing I would like more then to belive in a higher power. But I just cant bring myself to have faith in a invisible entity that has never in any way proven his existanse to me
    Im kind of balancing on the middle, I have neither chose to belive or not to belive in a god. Im trying to find my way. From my point of view the theory that everything is just a random even is just as plausible as the theory(not trying to offend anyone here, thats just my way of looking at it)about a creator.
    But I think its harder not to belive in a creator because that ultimately means everything is completely pointless. I have gone through all these thoughts millions of times before I go to sleep and for some reason the thought of a creator is alot more appealing then the thought of everything beeing pointless. But I dont know if that is because I instinctivly know there is a god or if Im just very very afraid of the other option.
    I know there is alot of things that we dont know or have the ability to explain yet. For all we know that dark energy that physicists are loking so madly for might be god The visible matter in the universe only counts for less then 5% of the total mass of the universe(or maby it was less then 2%). Who knows that the other 95% is. But I do firmly belive that if there is a god/creator then we will someday be able to prove his existanse through science. My faith in science is unbrekable.
    Well that was my little rant lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    I hate to even say this because I don't want to sound like I am pressuring people. Please, please understand that no matter what you believe, I am a friend of yours. There are people on this thread that are completely confident that there is a loving, all-powerful God and then others give out various reasons why they think there isn't a God. Why do some throw out random guesses and hypothesis as to why God couldn't be the one behind it all, but the people who believe can look you square in the eye and know that there is a God in heaven? I have no doubts and I don't fear death or anything else that you can do to me in my physical life, my mind won't change. How confident are you in what you believe?

I'm sorry if I pushed it a little bit with what I said, but God is too important to me to sit here and pretend like I don't care about each of your salvations.
    I dont doubt you or anyone elses faith. I just cant understand how you can have so much faith in something that yet can not be prove to exists
    If you dont mind shot me that pm with your experiences and maby Il understand better.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I dont doubt you or anyone elses faith. I just cant understand how you can have so much faith in something that yet can not be prove to exists
    If you dont mind shot me that pm with your experiences and maby Il understand better.
    Proof is easy, letting go and letting God take control is the hard part. I will hit you up with a PM either this weekend or on Monday.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    Proof is easy, letting go and letting God take control is the hard part. I will hit you up with a PM either this weekend or on Monday.
    Exactly, God may just be testing His faith in you Johan. I've had experiences as well, if you would like to hear about them , let me know and I'll PM you too.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Exactly, God may just be testing His faith in you Johan. I've had experiences as well, if you would like to hear about them , let me know and I'll PM you too.
    Sure hoss plz pm me

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information