Thread: puked

Lord is offline Junior Member

puked

i trained my legs today, and i have to stop in the middle of my workout because i puked like a (edited). anyone thats know whats wrong? is it high BP or anything else? feel ****ed now after and dont think im able to eat.. tired as hell.

am i alone with this? its the first time btw..

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    puking during a workout mean that your pushing your body beyond what it is capable of, to me, if you don't puke on leg day, you didn't train hard enough, good job!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I never puke on leg day scott. ...i pass out though!

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I never puke on leg day scott. ...i pass out though!
    haha, either one is great, i love that real woozie feeling right after a set of heavy squats

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Oh, I usually just pass out eiether from pain , or once I am trying not to scream during my sets.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord
    stricken from the record
    First off, congrats on the workout...that's impressive.

*gone*
    Last edited by BigGreen; 01-14-2004 at 09:07 AM.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Nice name. Didn't i set up a trademark for names here?

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    he could have signed up during your babyblitz reign however...

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    A GOOD leg workout will make you dizzy at the least, and black out if you go just beyond the line. Yakking (is that word ok? LOL) is common among the hardcore. Just try and make it to the bathroom, or at least clean it up

-LH

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    ahhh just broke your puke/pass-out cherry! I remember that day. Back when I could really go intense on leg day, getting naseuous or the room going dark was a regular occurance. coupled with teh feeling that your legs are about 5 X too big, its a great feeling.

the funny thing is my GF was doing dynamic training (basically hardcore weight training supersetted with cardio), after some cardio, the trainer saw her puke in the trashcan and went to do another set and went WTF!!!?? my gf then told her what? thats the third time this week! The trainer was impressed.

I guess she has trained with me too much!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have personaly never ever puked during a workout and I have never seen anyone work harder then me and my lifting buddy. To me something would seem very wrong if I was to puke almost every leg workout. That cant be good.
    Sure I feel sic as hell every now and then but most often that happens on days when Im in horrible shape and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I have personaly never ever puked during a workout and I have never seen anyone work harder then me and my lifting buddy. To me something would seem very wrong if I was to puke almost every leg workout. That cant be good.
    Sure I feel sic as hell every now and then but most often that happens on days when Im in horrible shape and weak.
    It's much more common when you're dieting.

Or when you have that pre-workout shake/meal and hit the super heavy squats WAY too soon after.

And sometimes it just happens.

It's basically caused by all of the blood pumping your legs and draining from your brain....that doesn't sound good does it? But that happens. That and blood sugar levels out of whack. Lots of reasons for it.

Then again, maybe you just THINK you're training them hard enough

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    It's much more common when you're dieting.

Or when you have that pre-workout shake/meal and hit the super heavy squats WAY too soon after.

And sometimes it just happens.

It's basically caused by all of the blood pumping your legs and draining from your brain....that doesn't sound good does it? But that happens. That and blood sugar levels out of whack. Lots of reasons for it.

Then again, maybe you just THINK you're training them hard enough

-LH
    YEah I often feel sic as hell after a workout when dieting, very hard to cram down the shake and keep it in the stomach. But I always make sure I dont eat anything a good 1,5 hours before a leg workout so that might be it.

when talking about leg training. once when I did a 40 rep set of legpress i got this insanely intense pain in my head, I acctualy grabbed my head and screamed a bit, freaked the hell out of my buddy lol. Thought I was gonna die for a second. Has anyone gotten that? Why the hell did that happen btw? It scared me alot and I havent dared to do high rep sets on the legpress after that. Feelt like my head was gonna explode

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    First off, congrats on the workout...that's impressive.

That being said, while I'm pretty un-PC, do you really think that this is the most appropriate term to use? I hate PC police as much as the next guy, probably more, but I don't think this is an issue of PC so much as it is downright offensive. Among friends in a manner not put forth for everyone to see, i think it's fine...hell, even funny...but posted for all to see, many of whom likely know someone who has been a victim of such a thing if not a victim themselves, it just strikes me as a bit offensive. Again, not being a prick, just raising a point.

Agreed, bro thats just not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    YEah I often feel sic as hell after a workout when dieting, very hard to cram down the shake and keep it in the stomach. But I always make sure I dont eat anything a good 1,5 hours before a leg workout so that might be it.

when talking about leg training. once when I did a 40 rep set of legpress i got this insanely intense pain in my head, I acctualy grabbed my head and screamed a bit, freaked the hell out of my buddy lol. Thought I was gonna die for a second. Has anyone gotten that? Why the hell did that happen btw? It scared me alot and I havent dared to do high rep sets on the legpress after that. Feelt like my head was gonna explode
    Sounds like an intense blood pressure spike. Been there, and it's frikken scary.

Especially on the leg press, your legs are higher than your head. BOOM. I've had it happen to me on a set of 20s. Thankfully, it's rare. Once on decline bench presses too. Same thing.

I did find that as I did more cardio, it stopped and has never happened again. So I'm guessing. After all, I'm not DOCTOR Humungous

-LH (not DH)

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Nothing wrong with his board name here. 'Lord' is a common title used in England too, like 'Lord of the manner'. Or 'Lord Haw Haw'.. Or used in other terms, "He likes to lord over his manor". Nah, his name is cool here.

Welcome to the board ma' lord

Oh yeah, and in England a court judge is often referred to as 'My lord' (I think). Or how about "Lords, ladies and gentlement please raise you glass for Bouncer, the best looking ba$tard on AR.com "

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Nothing wrong with his board name here. 'Lord' is a common title used in England too, like 'Lord of the manner'. Or 'Lord Haw Haw'.. Or used in other terms, "He likes to lord over his manor". Nah, his name is cool here.

Welcome to the board ma' lord
    If you were referencing my post, I have no problem with his name....it's the whole ************ thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 01-14-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Oh, sorry. My bad. Your right. I missed that one.

Lord is offline Junior Member
    tnx for the post everyone, after all thats have been said ill think thats because of my pre workout shake.. but i dunno.. lets see whats happens next time

BigGreen, sorry for that.. dont wanted to be mean of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Sounds like an intense blood pressure spike. Been there, and it's frikken scary.

Especially on the leg press, your legs are higher than your head. BOOM. I've had it happen to me on a set of 20s. Thankfully, it's rare. Once on decline bench presses too. Same thing.

I did find that as I did more cardio, it stopped and has never happened again. So I'm guessing. After all, I'm not DOCTOR Humungous

-LH (not DH)
    Do you think it can be dangerous? It sure as hell feels dangerous

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Many times I've had to grab hold of something to keep from having my legs give out from under me, **** near after each set.........white stars all over the place and thinking I'm not going to be able to hold on. On numerous occasions I've tossed my cookies. I know it's a bitch to do but I keep some whey in my locker and mix up a quick drink to throw down when this happens.

You did good bro............now lets see if you can do it again.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i fell down the stairs leading to my gyn once.. after that i swore never to condition my legs again.. i wanna see how them bitches like that..

I don't know about this....this is the primary reason i don't train legs: it's just so "uncomfortable".

I don't know about this....this is the primary reason i don't train legs: it's just so "uncomfortable".
    Let me guess..................either the butler or the maid do them for you. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Let me guess..................either the butler or the maid do them for you. hahahahaha
    I'd been having the landscaper do it for ages, and *DID* in fact count that as "doing legs". But, when i say "uncomfortable", i mean it's even too uncomfortable to watch, or even deal with knowing that he had to go through that. So now, I don't "do" legs period. See how much respect i have for "the help"?

I'd been having the landscaper do it for ages, and *DID* in fact count that as "doing legs". But, when i say "uncomfortable", i mean it's even too uncomfortable to watch, or even deal with knowing that he had to go through that. So now, I don't "do" legs period. See how much respect i have for "the help"?
    You're nothing if not all heart bro. Tell you what, put me on the payroll and I'll do legs for you from here in sunny Florida.............you're legs will get what they deserve and you don't even have to watch. Just sit back have a cocktail or two and watch your legs grow. No cash though, I prefer bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    You're nothing if not all heart bro. Tell you what, put me on the payroll and I'll do legs for you from here in sunny Florida.............you're legs will get what they deserve and you don't even have to watch. Just sit back have a cocktail or two and watch your legs grow. No cash though, I prefer bonds.
    Sorry, great aunt millie just alerted me that "doing legs" in any form is very "noveau riche" and I'd be shaming the family by doing it to the point I'd be out of her will. Once she's dead, however, I'd like to start "doing" legs again and may just take you up on this offer.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Is "legs" Auntie Millie's daughter?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    You think that's hardass? i've puked from incline dumbell benchpress.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I get a sick feeling every time I work legs and puke about evry fourth time. Been that way for years so I think it just means your getting a good workout.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    who hasnt puked before ?? lol

i havent puked for over 6 months .... i make sure i eat an hour before i workout, especially when doing legs.

Thread Information