Thread: Stomach Ulcer

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

Stomach Ulcer

A few months back I had a trip to the emergency room for acute abdominal pain which the doctor initially diagnosed as an ulcer. I was supposed to go back for follow up but I never did. Well....what was occasional stomach pain is progressing to 2-3 a week. So......I made an appointment to see the doctor on Wed.

Anyone here have a stomach ulcer? Go get checked? What do they do to you? How do they check? Is it painful? Does it involve any needles? I am NOT a fan of doctors (no offense Doc) and so scared of needles that I had both of my kids naturally.....so I'm freaking out here.

Any words of advice or something to CALM me down?
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel sooo sorry for you. I'm pretty sure I have some serious stomach problems too Barbi. I just keep postponing my visit to the doctors too and I love needles.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I really shouldn't touch this Q,because doc will come along and correct me.........so I'll keep it real lite.........should you have an ulcer,it is very curable through a couple months of meds and a certain diet..........there are different types of ulcers,so that has to be determined first........calm down you'll be fine..........I have acid reflux that has no cure that I know of at this time,I've been on prevacid and other meds for over 10yrs with this crap..........hope this calms you a little.

Peace

DB

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I feel sooo sorry for you. I'm pretty sure I have some serious stomach problems too Barbi. I just keep postponing my visit to the doctors too and I love needles.
    The other reason I'm going now is I promised a friend. He ignored his and ended up in a coma for 3 days and has a nice big scar on his stomach.

You GET to the **** doctor too!!!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I really shouldn't touch this Q,because doc will come along and correct me.........so I'll keep it real lite.........should you have an ulcer,it is very curable through a couple months of meds and a certain diet..........there are different types of ulcers,so that has to be determined first........calm down you'll be fine..........I have acid reflux that has no cure that I know of at this time,I've been on prevacid and other meds for over 10yrs with this crap..........hope this calms you a little.

Peace

DB
    Thanks. I am sure it's gonna be ok.....I just don't like the idea of them sticking scopes down my throat.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    trying to keep it lite.....at least you dont have kidney stones...and have to walk around with a strainer!....I think you will feel better once you go to the doc, it might settle the nerves a bit...take it easy on yourself
    -Cy

shootdeep is offline Member
    my dad went through it a couple of years ago. they used a little camera down the esophagus and that was it. he eats different now and takes prilosec(i think)

shootdeep is offline Member
    oh yeah...DUH ....i hope you feel better

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Alright DB, just because you made that comment, I promise not to do any correcting..

Commando..Go get checked out..Probably nothing..Better safe than sorry!!

How was that DB????

And one last thing DB..Ask your Doctor about Nexium..It's shown very promising effects..

Doc M

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a "Pepto-Esque" stomach soothing liquid that I can whip up for you..it has no real medicinal properties but I will sure make me feel better.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    well I had an ulcer back when I was 19. While we won't say how long ago that was, Zantac had just come out (that gives you an idea). they proscribed that for 8 weeks I think. That and a certain diet cleared the thing up. I felt so much better. I didnt get nasueous every time I ate.

Thread Information