BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Corrections Officer??

anyone here ever work as a corrections officer in a max security prison??

I need something to do besides surf AR and hit the PS2, but every place I interview (if i even get an interview) tells me they just don't see me staying. They're right, of course. I'm running of to LS or some other school as soon as possible...jobs suck. But, at the same time, I'm liable to go insane if i don't find a job besides my four hours a day personal training.

Anyone done it? I think it would be interesting, to say the least. But i'd like to hear from those who have been there.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    i have nevr done it but i know people who have. You have to constantly watch your back 24/7 while there. Here is the most important rule you MUST follow, no matter how nice or friendly the inmates seem NEVER NEVER trust any of them.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    They dont pay crap unless you work as a CO for the sheriff's office not as a CO for state prison. I just found this out in my state. I know a guy working for state prison and he is making 12 an hour been there couple years. The sheriff office pays there CO's almost 14 an hour to start plus serious benny's and pay raises every 6 months or so. Top off pay is almost 20 an hour at 3years.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't do it for money if you ask me, If you think working with the scum of the earth is not a mind fuk by itself, along with what purepower said, bro you gotta be down for anything... You don't seem like the type of guy that would work in a jail, (i'm not being negative bro) If you want to lay the law down go work at the one of the biggest clubs in your area, For your height, and size ask for at least 20 an hour at least, and go every friday and saturday, that would be better then being at a jail bro.. It's the same idea, but easy money

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, you guys are quite right...i wanted to do it more to see what actually goes on "behind closed doors" in such an establishment, but I'm thinking I can read about it. Basically, I have a few months to kill and want to find a unique job that I'll never forget.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    well i can assure you that you would never forget it.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    well i can assure you that you would never forget it.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    My best friend does it for a living... Been there 9-10 years in a state maximum security prison... He likes it... For $50,000 - $60,000 a year I guess it beats alot of jobs out there...

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Man BigGreen..You really took that PM I sent you about getting off your ass and getting a job to heart..I just don't know if you and career criminals would mix well..With your vocabulary you would probably have to have a **** translator walking around with you..

Doc M

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Yeah you should just go the rent-a-cop way. Maybe you could work at Borders and talk philosophy and quantum physics to the customers.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Well my roomate is a state cop, he hated the job... He worked a year straight and didnt get one holiday off... He actually got fired for beatin the **** out of an inmate, but he told me it sucked ass... But he is bout the same size as me, and all he said he did was hand people ass beatings day in day out... If u like that **** do it, if ur not a true fighter at hart dont... Personally I love fighting but, I dont think i would ever take a job like that... Just not worth the risk, my roomate almost got shanked a couple times...

Thread Information